New HH Indomitus kit and other rumors

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2023/02/horus-heresy-rumors-new-boxset-and.html?m=1

No Assault or Breacher or otherweise Close Combat Infantry before Summer.

New Terminators of the Indomitus Pattern which can be used for 40k (option for Crux Terminatus on shoulder pads or without them).

Seperate Sprue/Box for Close Combat Weapons

New Terminator Praetor with Indomitus Pattern Armour in Plastic, which comes with parts to show chaos influences and could maybe used as a Chaos Lord in 40k.

New "two Armies" Box Set in August with MkII Power Armour and a complete new close combat Dreadnought Pattern.

Discuss :biggrin:

I don't know why we're giving Natfka the time of day, given they've been caught making rumours up repeatedly for clicks at this stage.

Unless one of the other reasonably reliable leaks and rumour mongers like @Chapter Master Valrak can confirm one way or the other, anything Natfka posts is automatically debunked.

Doesn't make much sense to me. Unless GW is intending to move the remaining classic Astartes units to 30k?

This particular pattern exists during the latter Heresy but it really isn't the one associated with it.

Also there are other kits which are needed far more, such as plastic Legion Assault Marines...

Edited by Orange Knight

While it might sound too good to be true I think that the Terminator update could be true, it's already rumored in 40k so it could just be the same unit for both systems and it can just be an update to the scale like they with chaos Terminators and the upgrade sprue can be for 30k options.

Valrak already thinks new non-primaris termies are in the works, so making some new Termies that can be used for both might track. I for one would love this, especially since that could mean more plastics from the Legacy units for HH since Indomitus Termies are in that.

New close combat dread is odd, is the Leviathan not close combat enough?

The heresy plastic stuff is very clearly branded as horus heresy. Any cosmetic options they've given are loyalist/traitors, not 30k/40k.

And while i could see indomitus before another mk of power armour, doing an expanded unit before core book unit makes no sense. The point of being in the core book is having models.

An Indomitus kit that can pull double duty for HH and 40K would make sense from a practical point of view. 

The rest seems a bit far fetched, more to do with time scale than anything. Releasing a MKII box this close to the MKVI release and before any CC units seems unlikely. 

That said, we know the release of the AoD box was massively delayed so it could be they’re trying to clear a bottleneck of releases by not allowing that delay to further push back other releases.

I agree that a primarily CC dread seems odd as the existing ones can be geared for CC and perform very well in that role.

27 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Normally I don't like attacking a rumour providers credibility but really at this point natfka has form for either making stuff up or being decived by a source, especially with AoD. 

Bringing up their track record is fair I think, especially if it isn't so good.

That doesn't automatically make the statement false, a broken clock is right twice a day. However, it does make it from an uncredible source unless corroborated by someone more firm.

At this point it would align with how GW have been operating to do one kit of Indominus bodies, then arm and shoulder frames for 40k and HH and box them separately. That's not to say they will, but I can see people doing 1+1 and coming up with a rumour of 2....

There was an old video from Valrak about hh2.0 4 major players in the HH new releases. One was SOH and IF which was true and the next was WE and someone else. Can’t find the vid. I could see a boxset with WE themes bein centered around mkii. Fingers crossed

Plastic Indomitus for HH? A Legacy unit? Not so sure about that one. Sounds to me someone heard about the 40k Terminators rumours and decided to try and iterate that into a 30k box.

The Praetor sounds a bit fantastical too, I doubt we'll see overtly chaotic parts included on generic models being set as a precedent any time soon. That sort of thing has only appeared as legion specific/niche items, like the Gal Vorbak and Mhara Ghal, or the overtly traitor Esoterist model*. Unless this is meant to be late-heresy/Siege of Terra, Chaos influence that's far along enough to fit in with the 40k Chaos range seems both out of place and unlikely.

*And even then, the Esoterist isn't really far enough along to look at home in a 40k Chaos army.

**With Mk2 armour?

Yeah, this is almost certainly nonsense with a couple of pre-existing rumours* thrown in for a bit of credibility. 

*The CC Dreadnought / the assumption that there is at least one other 'big box' release planned

Edited by Astartes Consul

I think that updating Indomitus Terminators for the Heresy range is a better option than trying to ‘Primaris’ them. However, as much as I’d like to see a dual 40k set with Crux Terminatus options I have to say this sounds too good to be true.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax
Typo