New HH Indomitus kit and other rumors

Feels like a bunch of geusses framed as rumours based on older rumours. We know mk II was complete in plastic like years before the new edition and kind of assumed it would be out a year after 2.0 thanks to discussions about Argel Tal, New Indomitus rumours sure makes sense it's a heresy kit they even said they might be bringing legacy units back into plastic, seems like he might be confused about the CC dread I'm more inclined to believe Deredeo being in a mk2 starter and I kinda figured it'd be a few more months of tank variants and other stuff before any more infantry appear.

The timing for this rumor doesn't really make sense to me. August would be really close to the new edition, so selling a 30k boxset would be kind of strange.

That said I do think that GW will keep firstborn around and kits like these would be a good way to do it. It would let them transition towards the scouring and give new products for the holdovers that don't like primaris something new. I don't think GW will want to let those customers go, more so with their live service goals. 

2 hours ago, Jorin Helm-splitter said:

The timing for this rumor doesn't really make sense to me. August would be really close to the new edition, so selling a 30k boxset would be kind of strange.

That said I do think that GW will keep firstborn around and kits like these would be a good way to do it. It would let them transition towards the scouring and give new products for the holdovers that don't like primaris something new. I don't think GW will want to let those customers go, more so with their live service goals. 

It could simply be that this was due to be out before this year and they just slotted it in due to the coof. Also new edition, space marine kits. They go together like GW and a scrooge mcduck sized pit of money. 

4 hours ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

Bring back Badab!!

I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the plan. I can recall a time when they talked about doing mk7 kits and another time when they talked about Age of Darkness as a brand that goes well beyond the heresy. After a few more years why wouldn't they it'd be like leaving money on the table. 

2 minutes ago, tinpact said:

Mk II in plastic, new Indomitus, and no Despoilers? Well if I didn't know any better I'd say this was designed perfectly to boil people's blood.

Before summer meaning in summer. Mk II in fall. Wich again yeah prolly a geuss cuase they probably won't bring out mk II before despoilers right?.. Right?

Isn't the last Kill Team box of the gallowdark expansions rumoured to be new Terminators? Could be crossover with that rumour, and it's not that unrealistic that they'd include blank shoulders in there to make them usable in 30K as well. I could believe that bit at least.

The rest though sounds like typical baseless speculation of the kind that predicted Breachers Vs Jump marines about 6 years ago.

5 hours ago, Xirix said:

On the possibility of Knights, one knight did disappear from Forgeworld not too long ago, not sure which one, but there used to be 10 listed in the Mechanicum section, now there's 9.

It was the Moriax. It's no longer listed in the Mechanicum section, but it's still available, just not under Questoris Knights (though some of it's weapons are still there).

10 hours ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

Bring back Badab!!

The Badab War was very cool lore, with some really interesting chapters getting involved.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the lore updated and re-released. Perhaps some of the "cursed" foundings were actually early Primaris prototype chapters that were being tested by Cawl.

Either way, I love the Minotaur chapter and would be thrilled to see Moloc and Enkomi cross the Rubicon.

People who want historic 40K (Heresy up until now basically) don't want to see Primaris shoe horned into everything. By the same logic of forcing them into the Badab War, you can put them into the Heresy.

It'll cheapen the Primaris lore too, which was set as a post Gathering Storm event.

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the lore updated and re-released. Perhaps some of the "cursed" foundings were actually early Primaris prototype chapters that were being tested by Cawl.

Err no, please. Those books are wonderful, please don't have someone screw them up with weird, incongruous, retcons.

(Edit - I realise you don't mean the badab books themselves here, so there is room for this, although I worry it takes away from the previous ten thousand years - but it does seem to be substantiated by Haley's version of Cawl).

Also, for recent minotaurs stuff, have you read Wraight's second Watchers of the Throne novel?

Edited by Petitioner's City

One of the main complaints I've seen around the forum is that the events of the badab war weren't retroactively explained as test runs of Primaris Chapters. It would have been a good opportunity for then to be integrated into the lore.

This wasn't my idea.

Details are retroactively added to the lore all the time. Abaddon's Black Crusades are a good example of this. The addition of Centurions (they've been a staple of chapter armouries for 6 thousand years, didn't you know?), and basically the entire Horus Heresy series. 

To add, I don't mean that they change the events of the books. A throwaway line can be added as official lore that the cursed founding were the machinations of Cawl.

@Petitioner's City

Yes, I have read and also greatly enjoyed the novel. The Minotaurs were one of the 1st chapters to adopt and integrate Primaris thanks to their links with the Administratum.

I would simply love to see the chapter get some new model support in 40k. I know it's a slim chance of this ever happening...

12 hours ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

Bring back Badab!!

We're working on it (well, as fanfic, but still :tongue:). If you haven't already, I'd strongly recommend checking out The Liber Badab (Badab War in HH 2.0) The work and effort which went into it is well worth a look.

7 hours ago, Slave to Darkness said:

We have seen Badab already...

You weren't there, man! Everybody gangster, until the trees start speaking like Mantises...

48 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

People who want historic 40K (Heresy up until now basically) don't want to see Primaris shoe horned into everything. By the same logic of forcing them into the Badab War, you can put them into the Heresy.

It'll cheapen the Primaris lore too, which was set as a post Gathering Storm event.

This, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cawl, and how he developed/got fleshed out as an idea, came from the lore surrounding the Sons of Antaeus and the Cursed Founding.

Anyway, how about that TDA 2.0, huh? :blush:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

2 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

One of the main complaints I've seen around the forum is that the events of the badab war weren't retroactively explained as test runs of Primaris Chapters. It would have been a good opportunity for then to be integrated into the lore.

Maybe that's not on the B&C forum then, because I've not read "main complaints" about the Badab war being "Primaris weren't added retroactively" to it.

I know there are people who really bought into Primaris and love that GW introduced them, but let's not turn everything into a Primaris wish list thread. It's off topic.

This topic is about Horus Heresy Indomitus kits and what that means for the hobby.

I would love to see Badab get some attention again, but it makes way more sense to me as an expansion using the Heresy ruleset and model range as a basis, rather than 40k.

Would be a great vehicle to introduce new Indomitus Terminator and MkVII power armour kits (which could then be used in 40K much as the Relic Terminators etc are) without distracting from the ongoing Primaris-isation of the 40K Astartes line.