Venturing out of the Mine – Squat Gang

Trokair

My local group has had some talk about possibly maybe perhaps having a Necromunda campaign later this year.

My own experience is limited, and I am not up to speed with the rules. I have blundered my way through two campaigns that sputtered out (thanks Covid:cry:) so maybe eight or nine games total (not counting Necromunda 1 way way back), one with Van Saar and the other with Venator (to make a Kroot list, with two house rules to make it more Kroot).

I started an Ash Waste Nomad conversion gnag (using orlock rules) around the same time and before they got official rules/models last year, so that has rather taken the sail out of that, for now.

So now I am thinking of trying the other new gang, the unsquated space dwarf.

Any tips, pointers or advice would be welcome.

Also for reasons that are beyond me I have misplaced one of the squat sprues (maybe it’s with the Votan stuff), so at the moment I have only 4 bodies + the FW mini mecha, is that even a viable gang (playable would be a bonus on top of that).

The Ironheart Kin all built for now. Decided not to give the leader a power fist as it plus hammer felt redundant, and the hammer just looked better than the fist. The rest are one Champion with Heavy Stubber, one Champion/Ganger with Boltgun, two Gangers with Autoguns and a Juve with a pistol. I did find the other sprue, so thats six built and two bodies I’ll safe for extra gangers later in the campaign.

I like how they all look without their backpacks, so leaving them off for now, can always add them later if needed. On the Vartijan I have also left it so that I can swap the Flamer and Heavy Bolter as needed.

large.IronheartKinWIP1.png.f50ae5a9a47d5

35 minutes ago, Castigator said:

I didn't realise the Vartijan was that big, looking good Trokair :thumbsup:

Me neither, I thought it would be on a 40mm base liek the ambot, but turns out it is on a 50mm base. 

It is very simmilar to the actual Ambot model in terms of dimensions, if I add a second one I'll probably convert an Ambot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...