They also already have chaos beastmen from Blackstone Fortress, which is also where the bulk of the design for the Blooded comes from. I could totally see them bringing Beastmen back. They have been a part of 40k since the beginning, and they are in the category of things they’ve been actively mining for refreshes: genestealer cults, votann/squats, arbites, eldar corsairs, etc etc

Yeah im not sure the Necromunda and 40k teams are working particularly closely, like, the Votaan background saying "Squat" is something of a racial slur to try and get away from it but the Necromundan branch are like "Squat's up my squat?" :D 

Well, past a certain amount of nostalgia, but then i suspect thats more to do with team leaders being a similar age :D 

I think the beastmen are likely going to be chaos, would be fine if they weren't. I've been waiting on votann for a while for kill team so I am pretty excited if this is going to be the box.

Also I got laughed at when I said beastmen for vashtorr's army. that might not be the case but I think it's possible they are the new faction talked about, I am all for more Xenos or abhuman subfactions.

Edited by INKS

Seems very likely that we'll see another outgrowth of BSF like we did with traitor legionaries, cultists and traitor guard. I wouldn't mind neutral or even Imperial beastmen as long as they can be readily chaos-ed up, but I'd rather not see anything unique to one of the four powers right now. Personal preference would be undivided chaos. (I will make an exception for pestigors, obviously, as long as they don't look like the fat hamster from Blood Bowl)

The main thing that makes me sceptical about them being Imperial Beastmen is Chaos not having received a Kill Team this 'season' yet. 

Not that it's out of the question for GW to have an exclusive Imperial vs Xenos season, it just feels unlikely. 

I'm a huge fantasy Beastmen fan, so much so I've converted a decent portion of my LATD from Beastmen. So I'm definitely hopeful these rumors our true.

I'd be pretty shocked if it turns out to be Imperial Beastmen. 

5 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Not that it's out of the question for GW to have an exclusive Imperial vs Xenos season, it just feels unlikely. 

Still doesn't seem right that Squats are considered Xenos.

But then they're not Imperium or Chaos and I guess GW weren't going to come up with their own new classification...

6 hours ago, Urauloth said:

Seems very likely that we'll see another outgrowth of BSF like we did with traitor legionaries, cultists and traitor guard. I wouldn't mind neutral or even Imperial beastmen as long as they can be readily chaos-ed up, but I'd rather not see anything unique to one of the four powers right now. Personal preference would be undivided chaos. (I will make an exception for pestigors, obviously, as long as they don't look like the fat hamster from Blood Bowl)

I hope nothing ends up looking like those Blood Bowl Pestigors. the BB output in my opinion has been fabulous but that guy doesn't really look like anything, much less a Nurgley Beastman.

I don't mind the idea of Chaotic beastman but I don't get how Imperial ones could be accepted as abhumans. We have big abhumans, small abhumans but human/animal hybrids? Seems a step too far to me without some kind of external (Chaotic) influence.

2 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

I don't mind the idea of Chaotic beastman but I don't get how Imperial ones could be accepted as abhumans. We have big abhumans, small abhumans but human/animal hybrids? Seems a step too far to me without some kind of external (Chaotic) influence.

I think I some old lore suggested they may have been the results of pre-imperium genetic experiments.

4 hours ago, SpaceDwalin said:

Still doesn't seem right that Squats are considered Xenos.

But then they're not Imperium or Chaos and I guess GW weren't going to come up with their own new classification...

According to codex lore, the Leagues are more than happy to let the Imperium consider them as aliens.

When Imperial beastmen were a thing mutation and mutants were a bigger part of the setting so it made sense to have a somewhat more tolerant, (if not actually tolerant) Imperial attitude to them, especially as there was definitely implication that not all mutants were chaotic but also genetic and environmental. Since roughly the Inquisitor game ending though mutants have almost vanished outside of chaotic factions, even Chaos isnt half as mutated as it used to be! 

So yeah, old man ramble but id strongly expect chaos beastmen :D 

6 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

I hope nothing ends up looking like those Blood Bowl Pestigors. the BB output in my opinion has been fabulous but that guy doesn't really look like anything, much less a Nurgley Beastman.

They’ve been abhumans for decades now.

2 hours ago, phandaal said:

According to codex lore, the Leagues are more than happy to let the Imperium consider them as aliens.

I've always felt its a dwarf trait to be Independent so having them as xenos seems fitting, of the course the lore allows for some elements to worker the imperium.

Aside from what we might in terms of models -there is the chance for more Votann lore which could be interesting as we are limited thus far to the codex.  I'm not sure how much lore content comes with a Killteam set though. 

The Kill Team books actually have pretty impressive lore sections. The Moroch book is a great source for Traitor Guard fans, and the Into the Dark book has some really good stuff on both involved factions.

My only complaint is that some of the books don't concentrate enough on how different subfactions use said kill teams. The subfactions description basically repeat what we have all heard before, but I want to know how a Iron Hands Phobos team might differ from a Blood Angel team

4 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

They’ve been abhumans for decades now.

Of course, that's what the lore has said since 1st edition but I was just stating in my opinion that goat DNA is a strange thing to just acquire. :laugh:

8 hours ago, SpaceDwalin said:

I think I some old lore suggested they may have been the results of pre-imperium genetic experiments.

I did not know that! Please disregard my above post! :teehee:

This isn't the first rumor of Beastmen. Tabletop Impulse on YouTube had the Beastmen rumors last year, but looks like the timeline he was given was wrong or changed. But it does seem to be additional confirmation for a Beastmen team.

But the next set for Gallowfall has the Fallen as one team. Hence GallowFall. Not sure on the other but there was another rumor about a Kill Team featuring the Dark Commune set. I think it might be a Cult of the Arkifane team with an existing kit plus some extras like the Necron team.

I don't know if this will be the other Gallowfall team, but it would make sense with the last Arks of Omen book, The Lion, which is going to heavily feature the Fallen(and Dark Angels, obviously) and the battle with Vashtorr. Those teams in the final box for the season would make sense.

We should know for sure by Wednesday. 

32 minutes ago, Starfarer said:

But the next set for Gallowfall has the Fallen as one team. Hence GallowFall. Not sure on the other but there was another rumor about a Kill Team featuring the Dark Commune set. I think it might be a Cult of the Arkifane team with an existing kit plus some extras like the Necron team.

You say Fallen as though it’s set in stone - do you have any rumours that correlate with this?

On 3/18/2023 at 12:14 AM, Noserenda said:

Yeah im not sure the Necromunda and 40k teams are working particularly closely, like, the Votaan background saying "Squat" is something of a racial slur to try and get away from it but the Necromundan branch are like "Squat's up my squat?" :D 

Well, past a certain amount of nostalgia, but then i suspect thats more to do with team leaders being a similar age :D 

That's because Squats are not Kin. They were originally birthed from an Ancestor Core, but have been a splinter of the Leagues for over 10,000 years now, since they settled on Necromunda during The Great Crusade. At this point, they're just as Necromundan as the humans on the planet. They helped build the first hives, they have connections to many Hives, Clan Houses & the Imperial House, as well as rivalry with the Guilds. They're an integral part of society, so much so that Necromundan society would collapse without them. They operate as Clans (not to be confused with Clan Houses, which are human) & still hold a lot of the values of the Leagues, but they're a completely separate society, possibly even a separate race at this point - it's possible they're not even clones anymore. In the rest of the galaxy "Squat" is a racial slur for the Votann, but on Necromunda it's the name of a society/race that are well respected.