New Warhammer 40,000 Website - Coming March 23rd

So this art (featuring the two factions long rumoured to be the ones spearheading the next edition of 40K) which was used in two 40K teaser clips and had the 40K logo on is now the splash image for the main 40K website which is getting an overhaul on the day of a "big" 40K reveal at Adepticon.

Must be Space Hulk.

Weird they decided to change the website. It's due to being preciselly the tabletop's 10th edition?

Wonder what they will add to it. Maybe the new CGI video, the galaxy's map and the playable factions like before. Or, perhaps beaide those,  something new.

13 minutes ago, kamedake88 said:

here we go again. Any veterans remember the last fiasco with their website and someone named Kirby?

What happened? What fiasco?

5 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Pointing that out got me a ban on Warseer long ago lol.

Point out that BolS was domain squatting got me another one, and I never went back.

Oh no, getting banned on one of the more toxic GW forums of the internet.... how will you ever cope :laugh: Wear that with a badge of honour, my friend!

So I guess we're getting a 10th Ed reveal at Adoption.

4 minutes ago, Jscarlos18 said:

Weird they decided to change the website. It's due to being preciselly the tabletop's 10th edition?

Wonder what they will add to it. Maybe the new CGI video, the galaxy's map and the playable factions like before. Or, perhaps beaide those,  something new.

What happened? What fiasco?

GW contracted to Kirbys wife's business to implement the new site.

The rollout wasn't particularly great if I remember but it was more about the implications of nepotism or whatever.

It was a combination of the cost (to the tune of £1.5mil) and at least one person who allegedly worked on it posting a fairly lengthy post on Reddit discussing how they hadn't actually achieved the tender objectives, hence the fairly awful state it's been in ever since. 

32 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

So this art (featuring the two factions long rumoured to be the ones spearheading the next edition of 40K) which was used in two 40K teaser clips and had the 40K logo on is now the splash image for the main 40K website which is getting an overhaul on the day of a "big" 40K reveal at Adepticon.

Must be Space Hulk.

:laugh:

Hey, I will be more than happy to be wrong on what it specifically is once we all know for sure.  Although it would be nice if a new 40K Edition was an actual improvement to the game.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

49 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Must be Space Hulk.

Yeah in hindsight everything is obvious cap ;) 

16 minutes ago, Sothalor said:

I... legit had no idea 40k had its own specific website besides the generic Games Workshop site. :laugh:

Yeah tbf most people never give them a second look but almost every GW game has one

1 minute ago, Triszin said:

Anyone dig around the website code for pictures?

When 9th launched it had a bunch of unreleased kits in it

I took a look, but it seems like they've learned their lesson.  Anonymized filenames everywhere, and nothing has gone live yet beyond the new splash page.

"Praise the Emperor and the Sainted Primarch.

May they smite down the evil and bloat of 9th edition, and may the Emperor's holy servants deliver unto us a better game in 10th." - The Militant Apostolic

This new website is making it feel a lot more imminent and real.

53 minutes ago, Triszin said:

Anyone dig around the website code for pictures?

When 9th launched it had a bunch of unreleased kits in it

Was it kits/miniatures ? I thought it had more to do with the warzones/factions etc. right ? (or am I mistaking the 8th edition website source analysing)

5 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Was it kits/miniatures ? I thought it had more to do with the warzones/factions etc. right ? (or am I mistaking the 8th edition website source analysing)

The original leak of the Indomitus contents came from background images of the website. around may 2020.

3 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

The original leak of the Indomitus contents came from background images of the website. around may 2020.

ah yes thats true.. that was very close to its release/full reveal though if I remember correctly, only weeks if not days. Though I hadnt been paying daily attention to 40k then... real world news had a much more exiting "narrative" than 40k had at the time ;)

2 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

ah yes thats true.. that was very close to its release/full reveal though if I remember correctly, only weeks if not days. Though I hadnt been paying daily attention to 40k then... real world news had a much more exiting "narrative" than 40k had at the time ;)

Weeks. The official reveal of the box contents were on the 14th of June, while the announcement of the edition was 23rd of may where they've shown one necron warrior and one assault intercessor. Overall it seems we're getting an early start this year.

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

I remember spotting the Death Guard drone in a handful of pixels from a tabletop photo back when the website for 8th went online. T'was my finest moment.

Edit: Found it! :laugh:

image.png.6537f6b00813c5bccf2db8fa8b68f876.png

Edited by DeadFingers