56 minutes ago, Rain said:

Not saying that these are necessarily real, but this was the community consensus on the World Eaters summary page leak, and that turned out to be 100% genuine. Sloppiness and discrepancies are hardly evidence of counterfeit when it comes to GW.

That had more to do with not wanting the contents of the page to be real than the layout, language, grammar, formatting, etc. As they say about certain forms of adult entertainment - you know it when you see it.

Telling ourselves to ignore the signs of fakery just because GW mixes things up is just asking to get fooled. I would rather get excited about real things than some troll's nonsense.

Edited by phandaal

Fair enough, I didn’t really look through it carefully as I don’t care that much, and am at work. Honestly I tend to put all but the silliest leaks into a category of plausibility where I don’t believe it, or disbelieve it. It’s a hard maybe until confirmed by official sources.

I just recall how the WE leak was almost unanimously considered fake by everyone from forum goers to content creators because it lacked a Termi lord option, Angron was “undercosted” and some arcane stuff about how the page number seemed too low. But I agree that a lot of that was probably fueled by people not wanting to believe given the loss of certain options and lack of Red Butchers and Zerker Surgeons.

3 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Looks like 10th is dropping at Warhammer Fest end of April.

Did I read that wrong?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/05/try-out-the-new-edition-of-warhammer-40000-at-the-upcoming-kansas-city-open/

You did, there are demo games at the event, it's the first dates anyone can play it, not that it will be going up for purchase.

3 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Looks like 10th is dropping at Warhammer Fest end of April.

Did I read that wrong?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/05/try-out-the-new-edition-of-warhammer-40000-at-the-upcoming-kansas-city-open/

People can try it out at the event, but its not being released, if that's what you mean by "dropping".

This is earlier than usual though, i guess because warhammerfest is a bit earlier as it was usually in May from what i recall? At least a week or two but then that makes a difference in such a short timescale. 

I guess that means most rules previews in April and then mostly faction previews in May? Obviously there will be loads of stuff that isnt in the starter box.

3 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

10th will probably be out mid June at the earliest.

I say this because that Kansas city open will have early trials of the game, and that takes place on the 4th of June  so it can't be out before that...

I feel like it wouldn't be up for pre-order then either.  So maybe 2 weeks from the 4th at the earliest?

Edited by DesuVult

The 24th is the date Valrak has been pushing. Fits with the early-June training time GW store staff have been told to expect and would (assuming a two-week pre-order period) mean that the pre-order date would be the 10th. 10th on the 10th, obviously something GW is mindful of given that they first teased the Tyranid/Terminator image 10 days out from Adepticon.

Blast still exists in 10th, cyclone missles on terminators has this keyword.

Idea of locking unit size of plague marine on 7 is ridiculous. Which would make this unit cannot escape opponent blast advantages, and make DG players spend more points on filling battleline slots than WE, TS(and future EC). That's unfair.

45 minutes ago, Lemondish said:

I know it's a reach since there's no indication it would change, but we also don't know what blast is in 10th. Probably hasn't changed, but you never know...

Yeah we haven't know the details of blast rules.

But no matter how it is written, as a DG player, I don't want to see "Nurgle holy number" bull :cuss:. We are going to play 10th, not 3rd or 3.5th. "Flavor > gaming" is toxic design and won't make games, no matter casual or competitive, more comfortable and balance.

Edited by Iron Father Ferrum
Don't dodge the swear filter.

4 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It would certainly be nice to get some real information on how those mechanics work, it was a little fun to speculate for a bit, but I'd rather just know some facts now.

I get how you feel, but this is just the nature of the beast. We won’t really know a whole lot before the new edition is actually released (or, I guess, very close to that date). The facts we do get are really just snippets that we can use to speculate, as the only context we have for them are our own assumptions (some of which are based on the current edition, some of which are personal assumptions/wishes/fears).

I don’t say this to disagree with you, just in case that isn’t clear. Just pointing out that if people don’t like speculating, the best strategy is probably to tune out until June (something I’m trying to do myself, as far as possible at least). Because everything we think we know until then is going to be very speculative.

11 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

The 24th is the date Valrak has been pushing. 

That's a pretty safe bet as well, given that they randomly have the June free miniature of the month scheduled for June 24th instead of the first Saturday like every other month.

7 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Unit sizes and not knowing who's armed with what:laugh:

That info really should be on the datasheet right?:ermm:

Thats assuming that we're seeing the full datasheet. They could have another section laying out squad sizes/arming/upgrade options.

We also haven't seen points costs on the sheet, which may indicate that they are keeping them in a separate table/sheet, or that there are more to the data-sheets than currently shown. 

31 minutes ago, Sabadin said:

That's a pretty safe bet as well, given that they randomly have the June free miniature of the month scheduled for June 24th instead of the first Saturday like every other month.

How do we know when the June mini will be available?

Regardless the mini of the month has been available later in the month a few times now, always when it belonged to a release that took place at that date. For example the free Cadian Shock Trooper was only available from the 28th of Jannuary since that was the date the codex was released. Important, its release day not preorder date.

50 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Unit sizes and not knowing who's armed with what:laugh:

That info really should be on the datasheet right?:ermm:

I don't think so. The datasheet holds the information needed to play the game. Streamlining here has resulted in all the army building details being elsewhere. Points costs were already separated from the unit profiles so it's not very radical.

I would think its safe to assume that the June mini will be related to 10th, either Termagaunt or what ever the flamethrower marine will be called.

On the Datacard side of things, remember, all we've seen is jpegs. There could be things written on the back (or it could be a nice picture of the unit ala AoS). We won't know for certain till either they leak, or warhammer fest.