I think this would be an unlikely change.

In AoS it wasn't a stretch to introduce unit sizes this way as it was a new game, but the unit size granularity in it's current state has been a part of 40k for a long time. It would also impact transports in a negative way, as you would have to leave various empty spaces if you happen to include a character.

But GW could certainly pull something like this, that is without question.

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Well there was that picture that apparently had 5 inceptors so this doesn’t seem likely

You mean the picture from warhammer fest article ? Thats just a picture of an old apocalypse game being played at a previous warhammer fest, it has nothing to do with 10th edition https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/29/giant-games-of-apocalypsegw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/#gallery-1

8 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

You mean the picture from warhammer fest article ? Thats just a picture of an old apocalypse game being played at a previous warhammer fest, it has nothing to do with 10th edition https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/29/giant-games-of-apocalypsegw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/#gallery-1

No I’m talking about the recent picture that was the focus of an entire now locked thread a day or so ago.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

1 hour ago, DesuVult said:

My only problem with plague marines being locked to 7 guys is that berserkers aren't 8 to a box and rubrics aren't 9 to a box.  If they fixed aligned units to their holy number it could be cool.

Funny how you guys are talking about plague marines because this showed up over on dakkadakka.

Interesting that all the different melee weapons got combined into just plague weapon and great plague weapon.
Also the ranged weapons look about as jampacked as I expected 

Edit: Should be a fake since the Boltgun seems to just say Rapid Fire so unless that just means Rapid Fire 1 this should be fake

Also the keywords aren't in bold like on the Terminator sheet

e514449c389634540c99b08a006cbbf6_71077.jpg

Avatar but might be fake too since it says Epic Character instead of Epic Hero, also Fight on Dead? in the Avatar Resurgent ability sounds very wrong. Should be something like Fight on Death if this is real

RDT_20230405_2123136569966324801921219.png.281a8e0a7628efba125951596a9d8fa2.png

Edited by Matrindur

1 minute ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

No I’m talking about the recent picture that was the focus of an entire now locked thread a day or so ago.

Yes wich is a close up picture of this picture from the article I linked

GiantGames-July29-HugeGame3hv63.jpg

If that's real, they certainly are not consolidating or cutting down on the ranged weapon options.

I imagine the intercessors will keep their bolt rifle variations. 

Edit:

Plasma Gun appears to be AP-2

Melta Gun is AP-3???   Hard to tell

The strength of the weapons appears to be the same as before. I don't see an overcharge profile.

Interestingly, the Krak Grenade looks pretty good now. Ap-1 and 2 damage.

Edited by Orange Knight

9 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Funny how you guys are talking about plague marines because this showed up over on dakkadakka.

Nothing stands out as obviously fake to me, interesting that all the different melee weapons got combined into just plague weapon and great plague weapon.
Also the ranged weapons look about as jampacked as I expected 

e514449c389634540c99b08a006cbbf6_71077.jpg

It's better than the last one...  But I would still bet my money on this being fake.

The Boltgun is listed only as "Rapid Fire", the new standard should be "Rapid Fire 1".  It's also pretty likely that all plague weapons will be consolidated into a single entry, and their only special rule will be something like "Anti-infantry 3+".  Regardless of what they actually get, they 100% will not get a USR keyword that would be faction based (at least not initially).

The Plague Spewer has a "-" instead of N/A like the Heavy Flamer on the Terminator sheet.

If Terminators only have a single faction ability listed, I seriously doubt basic plague Marines would have multiple...  (I also think subfaction abilities like contagions will disappear until a codex comes out).

With the avatar the wording of Epic Character instead of warhammer community's Epic Hero wouldnt really suprise me to be honest... Warhammer community regularily tends to have incorrect/incomplete info.

But the wording on the abilities is bad, and I think they would call it [Melta] or bold Melta instead of the Melta ability. I think its fake.

Edited by TheMawr
fixed Bolt to bold

7 minutes ago, Cruor Vault said:

It's better than the last one...  But I would still bet my money on this being fake.

5 minutes ago, danodan123 said:

Odd wording on the Molten Body ability for the Avatar, or just me?

Yea seems like both are fakes, edited my post

Edited by Matrindur

9 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

RDT_20230405_2123136569966324801921219.png.281a8e0a7628efba125951596a9d8fa2.png

Multiple grammatical errors make me really suspicious of this one too lol...

Khaine Awakened should probably say Aeldari UNITS not models, and also use this model's (possessive).  Last Sentence says Add, should be Adds.

Avatar Resurgent.....  Fight on Dead stratagem?  Really?

1 minute ago, TheMawr said:

With the avatar the wording of Epic Character instead of warhammer community's Epic Hero wouldnt really suprise me to be honest... Warhammer community regularily tends to have incorrect/incomplete info.

But the wording on the abilities is bad, and I think they would call it [Melta] or bolt Melta instead of the Melta ability. I think its fake.

The 'Fight on Dead' stratagem....

26 minutes ago, Cruor Vault said:

Multiple grammatical errors make me really suspicious of this one too lol...

Khaine Awakened should probably say Aeldari UNITS not models, and also use this model's (possessive).  Last Sentence says Add, should be Adds.

Avatar Resurgent.....  Fight on Dead stratagem?  Really?

It would be units add or unit adds. 

55 minutes ago, KnightofSigismund said:

When does the article drop? Waiting forever I feel like lol

Case in point of my Warhammer community is unreliable statement. No you are not crazy, you didnt misread.. they said the article would be today, but just now they changed it.

You see the same effort of pretending they never said something could be put in apologising they didnt, but thats not their style. 10 minutes ago yesterday's article said tomorrow (screenshot  behind spoiler as I was expecting this when the 18.00 time had passed).. now it says later this week.

Spoiler

unreliablewarhammercommunity.thumb.jpg.02d1b2714b5366dfc579b2898dfc1867.jpg

I know its just a small thing, but them doing this everytime.. it agitates me more than bad rules, price raises etc.

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

If that's real, they certainly are not consolidating or cutting down on the ranged weapon options.

I imagine the intercessors will keep their bolt rifle variations. 

Edit:

Plasma Gun appears to be AP-2

Melta Gun is AP-3???   Hard to tell

The strength of the weapons appears to be the same as before. I don't see an overcharge profile.

Interestingly, the Krak Grenade looks pretty good now. Ap-1 and 2 damage.

Both of those are fakes, for the reasons noted here and more. Remember folks, keep your bull:cuss: filters dialed up to 11 between now and 10th edition!

12 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Case in point of my Warhammer community is unreliable statement. No you are not crazy, you didnt misread.. they said the article would be today, but just now they changed it.

You see the same effort of pretending they never said something could be put in apologising they didnt, but thats not their style. 10 minutes ago yesterday's article said tomorrow (screenshot  behind spoiler as I was expecting this when the 18.00 time had passed).. now it says later this week.

Hide contents

unreliablewarhammercommunity.thumb.jpg.02d1b2714b5366dfc579b2898dfc1867.jpg

I know its just a small thing, but them doing this everytime.. it agitates me more than bad rules, price raises etc.

That's incredibly Lame. One would think they'd have articles prepared, but this makes it seem like they write it on the day.

2 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

That's incredibly Lame. One would think they'd have articles prepared, but this makes it seem like they write it on the day.

They probably are prepared ahead of time and the schedule got shifted. And the article slipped through without anyone realizing it still said tomorrow. 

13 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Both of those are fakes, for the reasons noted here and more. Remember folks, keep your bull:cuss: filters dialed up to 11 between now and 10th edition!

Not saying that these are necessarily real, but this was the community consensus on the World Eaters summary page leak, and that turned out to be 100% genuine. Sloppiness and discrepancies are hardly evidence of counterfeit when it comes to GW.