Kill Team - Gallowfall (Terrain teased page 4)

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I assume that's Striking Scorpions Aspect Warriors. Wonder why it's them specifically?

Inquisition killteam is interesting.
Unless it's the killteam equivalent of a Dark Heresy party or it's another Guard Killteam in disguise I'm not sure what would be in an Inquisition Killteam besides an actual Inquisitor and a Jokaero.

Inquisition acolytes, inquisitional stormtroopers.. there is many options really, but yes, it would be another guard killteam in disguise as they'd be humans ( I suppose thats what you mean there.) but the big feature there would be a plastic generic Inquisitor. I can imagine the gland warrior weapon rumor engines will at last be unveiled here.

Striking scorpions is still very weird in current killteam format. I'd love if new striking scorpions can be build as individual operatives, but I hope this doesnt come at the cost of losing bare heads and dreadlock hair like the Jes goodwin concepts... when it became clear every aspect warrior got bare head options I've been really looking forward to those.

I still wonder if the potential other "solos" half of the eldar team (and by extension the scorpions themselves, even though they would obviously also function as regular ones) focuses more on "exotic" eldar elements as opposed to traditional ones. ( corsair, ynnari, ranger or even exodite solo(s))

with the rumors (including that one of the kill teams will feature the dark commune ) it really seems as if they might be abandoning 10man squad/buildable as individual operatives approach, and moving to a "5man" squad+Solo operative(s) & retinue one like the necron killteam or some of the warcry entries.

23 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Inquisition acolytes, inquisitional stormtroopers.. there is many options really, but yes, it would be another guard killteam in disguise as they'd be humans ( I suppose thats what you mean there.) but the big feature there would be a plastic generic Inquisitor. I can imagine the gland warrior weapon rumor engines will at last be unveiled here.

By "Guard Killteam in Disguise", I sort of meant how Inquisitors are usually played within Guard Armies so the Box would be Guard Killteam + Inquisitor rather than Inquisitor + Inquisitor minions.

Edited by Indy Techwisp
Spelling

4 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Just a heads up, I am hearing the boxset may be Inquisition vs Eldar (Scorpions), not the Scouts that was previously whispered, hopefully, tomorrow will be a good show!

Don't do this to me

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

7 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Just a heads up, I am hearing the boxset may be Inquisition vs Eldar (Scorpions), not the Scouts that was previously whispered, hopefully, tomorrow will be a good show!

That would make it worse for me personally, but no doubt better for the community overall. Dedicated Inquisition minis are long overdue.

I'm trying really hard to not get completely discouraged by kill teams parade of 'Here is a cool box, no you can't have it because we're only selling them to scalpers and box splitters, enjoy paying twice as much for it in individual releases later.' but assuming the box is available for sale I'll decide based on the terrain theme, otherwise I will wait and look at the individual models.

GW: "hey, we can do Inq28 too!"

I'm hoping for a real medley of characters for the Inquisitorial retinue. Kill Team hasn't disappointed me yet, and the Inquisition is apparently supposed to get a book in 10th according to that picture in the other thread. Fingers crossed!

7 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I assume that's Striking Scorpions Aspect Warriors. Wonder why it's them specifically?

Inquisition killteam is interesting.
Unless it's the killteam equivalent of a Dark Heresy party or it's another Guard Killteam in disguise I'm not sure what would be in an Inquisition Killteam besides an actual Inquisitor and a Jokaero.

there is so much stuff being whispered at the moment it’s mad, I’m actually confused on what’s is being shown :biggrin:

Thinking about it now, could this be a "Phobos Killteam" situation where the Aeldari team is actually just a mixed Aspect Warriors team but you can add in existing Aspect Warriors not included in the box (excluding the Jetbike guys)?

Would be a bit odd for that to be the first box of a season since Gallowdark is over now, but could be a possibility?

3 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Inquisition does look right, but interesting that there's no silhouette of a non-inquisition model.

It's going to be an Inq vs Inq box!

But really I guess they want to leave some kind of mystery. What ever silhouette they put for the opponents it'd  be easy to guess what faction they are at least unless it was something completely new.

So looks like the rumours got blended together and it's Inquisition Vs Chaos Cults now, then Scouts Vs Scorpions for the new season. Suits me!

4 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Mystery Box team is being talked about.
Random mix of marines.

Hopefully it's available without actually buying the Mystery Boxes.

They said you can buy a big box to get all 7 models, much the same as you've been able to with previous iterations of SM Heroes

1 minute ago, Beaky Brigade said:

It's clear that a few of them are alternative builds for the same model but they've been quite ingenious about it, it's not easy to tell! 

The Interrogator and the guy with 2 Swords

The Old guy with a shotgun and the one with the staff

Sgt. Stone and the guy with chainsword and pistol

Dual Pistol Lady, Chain-Greatsword guy, Servitor and the Scroll guy are unique models.

At 7 models in the box, that makes them all (assuming the Skull with a book isn't counted)

4 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

So looks like the rumours got blended together and it's Inquisition Vs Chaos Cults now, then Scouts Vs Scorpions for the new season. Suits me!

They said you can buy a big box to get all 7 models, much the same as you've been able to with previous iterations of SM Heroes

Hopefully the rules for the team are available separately from the box, since I bet a lot of players already have all the models they'd need for that team just from their existing SM collection.

7 minutes ago, Metzombie said:

It is a bit hard to tell but I think those two are also sharing the same body.

I thought so too, but I thought they weren't counting the Servo Skull book as a separate mini like the Kreig Medic Bag.
The WarCom Article has them paired up, so I think they are the same body.

56 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Didn't someone mention that there was a rumour the Dark Commune would be in a Killteam set?

Also looks like "Inquisition Team is a Dark Heresy party" prediction was correct.

One of Valrak's sources, as well as the name of the box