New Nids Confirmed images thread 30/4/2023

Brother Nathan

Screenshot_20230612_123926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.adb1456192e56c5f9a899fd44c4179a6.jpg

Will update top post with new stuff as it comes 

Termagaunts

Screenshot_20230323_041007_Twitch.jpg 

Screenshot_20230323_040917_Twitch.jpgScreenshot_20230323_040816_Twitch.jpgFB_IMG_1681145242110.jpg

Lictor? Now confirmed as von ryans leaper

new winged warrior prime...

Screenshot_20230424_140417_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230424_140414_Chrome.jpg

Barbgaunts

barbgaunts.jpg

Neurogaunts

neurogaunt.jpg

neurotyrant

neurotyrant.jpg

Psychophage

psychophage.jpg

screamerkiller

screamerkiller.jpg

starter set box contents Leviathan.

leviathhan.jpeg

Patrol box contents?

patrol.png

Edited by Brother nathan
updates

I got some more screengrabs

Definitely not venomthropes, nor toxicrene but something new. 

large.nids1.png.c53bfe4110a1c5c0d5373f5d429ecfad.png

Winged warrior maybe, though looks slighter than the existing ones.  It has legs and feet so isnt the parasite. My money's on shrikes. 

large.nids2.png.bb40a275eae9024a384c609dd42c4d8f.png

New big brain bug - maybe the rumoured Norn Emissary? But could be the doom also. 

large.nids3.png.ff92b5de28b626437c4eca73721df672.png

Screamer Killer - with a new take on scything talons.  Possibly the rumoured macrofex dual kit, with macrofex, screamer killer, OOE?

large.nids4.png.86b87c879f1960eafdf2d0727ac6ba26.png

Then big stompy. Love the castraferrum hellfire look, bt I assume this is the rumoured ranged redemptor  - it has a knee joint. large.nids5.png.a66edae484a684314f531a45c3a5cfc6.png

I'm loving what I'm seeing. I've wanted a Screamer-Killer styled "Contemptor Carnifex" for a while, and it's good to see that happen! The weird crawly tentacle things I shall tentatively call "Harvestmen" look really neat too. Winged Warrior is nice to see, I just hope it means actual Shrikes! Floaty tentacle thing looks great, I love the bony halo and his little brain friends (which one is Yumpherdinker?). Also a big fan of the designs of the gaunts, but very glad I changed my paintscheme- imagine painting  over 50 of those buggers up like this...

Hormagaunts.PNG.57495a796319537511e669af5b1498cf.PNG

Thats a far better shot of the biovore than i could get.hoping its a dual pyrovore kit or that i can make my made ones fit.

Love the phsy thing nice mix of styles in that the tenticles look venomthropy and head looks like old 1st ed zoanthrope which if i get another id be tempted to conver into something like this. You dont suppose this is that forgeworld one remade? Malenthrope? I dont think it is but trust gw? It looks class and i love my zoans only missing tge current ones atm (original 1st metal walker 3rd metal floater. Several 4th metal floaters and 1 failcast. One scratch build doom)

Love the screamer. Iv been keeping my eye out for a modernised version of the screamers for a while as i dont like the current kit for them (i ztill love our fex kit) and i love my metal 3rd ed ones) this looks like what i need for screamers. Combo kit for one of tge other fex types?

The tentical harvester types is something that seems what nids are missing if its what it looks like. Need something mid to go with our consumption beasts.

The other things is will our forgeworls go/ get new bigs? There hasnt been anything new there for nid in.... decade? Longer? Malanthrope the last thing?

?Whats the consensus on how much will change for nids? Alot saying itll be same as necrons and everything will change but i cant see that happening. I think itll be extensive but not all. Obv gaunts all are changing but i cant see gargoyles changing. I could see warriors getting an upgrade and maby going back to elites. I could see a new tyrant kit mostly because the currrent one has been included in everything recently and size wise its starting to lack. Also swarmlord needs a glow up. 

Terviagon tyrannofex is still a great kit but with new gaunts will they update it? Doubt.  Zoans and neuro i cant see an update.  Nor guards. Stealers need akin to broodlords styles. as do lictors pyrovore biovore.

Like really all our small stuff needs updated and some mid but only a few big ones afaik

The things we'll get updated are the sprues from 2001 and the things still in finecast, so 

Termagants, hormagaunts and rippers (2001, but still hold up)

Biovore, pyrovore, spore mines, lictor (all finecast)

The genestealer kit is also showing it's age, despite being later at 2010 maybe, or a bit earlier?

One of GW's issues with nids is that the model in general look great, and stand up to the test of time and don't look out of place on a table in 2023, so they need to add more units - as you say, the face eater thing, might be a later wave of direct digestion organism.

The Genestealer kit is from 2004 I wanna say; it's 4th edition, and boy does it show with those moldlines. I actually don't hate the kit and think it's a fantastic source of conversion bits, but a refresh would be nice.

I'm worried the Carnifex is in the firing line for replacement, but I really hope it stays as honestly it's a wonderful kit that does everything it needs to and looks great even today.

Yeah the Genestealers are from the start of 4th Edition, they made a song and dance about having the feeder tentacles biomorph available to recreate some old concept art from Rogue Trader. It was surprising to see the kit in use as I thought that subsequent releases of Space Hulk might have given them new sculpts to play with.

I'm wondering if new 'stealers would be styled after the Deathwatch: Overkill box set ones that combined the old and new styles...and were never released again. Those were really nice sculpts, even if speaking for myself I'd prefer they had a single, bigger and more pronounced "spinal hump" on their backs rather than the two smaller ones.

Is this a clearer shot of the... gorgers?its eating an ultramarine... also noted on the tyrannic war vids a similar still is the background  blown way up.  Anyone thinking this could be the thing sharing the screamer killer kit?

Secondly lictor...

Screenshot_20230331_205450_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230331_205627_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

One big red flag- the Viragon is an existing Tyranid concept from the old 3E era trading card game, and is essentially a bio-titan sized Mawloc. I find it more likely GW would use a different/new name for a unit that has precisely nothing in common with its namesake.

I'm 50/50 on these. 

On one hand, its April Fools day so but they also seem plausible, reusing the name of an old unit wouldn't be that much of a stretch for GW, especially if that's the only place in appeared. One of the bigger issues I've seen people touch upon is the fact that one of the names is already trademarked by another company (crucially though in a different field which may leave it open for a wargaming mini/toy)

2 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

Seems a lot of bugs you are expecting. Whilst the starters are good value will it be that good / comprensive. If iv time at work ill do a breakdown of the last one and therefore what id expect

I'm basing it off of the trailer and the indominus box. I have no hopes that this is what's in the box, but at the same time I won't be surprised if it is.

Oooh. I like it, I love how the tentacles are sort of "hoovering" the ground to suck up any trace of biomass. Very mollusc/echinoderm in style. Also reminds me a bit of this wonderful old conversion from Bocks, one of the Warpshadow regulars (if anyone remembers that forum?)

image.thumb.png.b0342bdfceae24a83d200be05bca3cd8.png

Edited by Evil Eye
Embed failure. Cursed glitchlings ate my image!

6 hours ago, Irate Khornate said:

I'm basing it off of the trailer and the indominus box. I have no hopes that this is what's in the box, but at the same time I won't be surprised if it is.

It's worth pointing out that we got 61 minis in Indomitus (which more or less got halved for the starters).

1x Overlord: An imperious commander of the Necron phalanxes, the Overlord’s authority is absolute. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base.

hq option, prime/ shrike?
- 10x Necron Warriors: The mainstay of the Necron phalanxes, these bipedal warriors obliterate their prey with relentless volleys of atomising gauss weaponry. Each model comes supplied with a Citadel 32mm Round Base and a choice of heads and weapons.

so my guess would be a squad of 10 termaagaunts(assuming its 10-30 squad sizes and sold in 10s plus rippers (indicators are that the starter rippers will be part of the squad
- 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarms: Flying hordes of these insectile machines chew through armour, flesh and bone with impunity. Each swarm comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base.

could just be rippers... could be hormagaunts?
- 3x Skorpekh Destroyers: Swift and deadly hunters, Skorpekh Destroyers chase down their prey to carve them apart with their fearsome reaping blades. Each model comes supplied with a Citadel 50mm Round Base.

options.. biovoes? shrikes? or instead of squad could be screamer killer?
- 1x Canoptek Plasmacyte: A cruel and calculating manipulator of tainted energy, the Plasmacyte is capable of sending its Destroyer kin into a killing frenzy. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 28mm Round Base

really wanna say lictor...

oh and also importantly...

Push fit plastic terrain designed to bring your tabletop to life, featuring a mixture of pipes and gothic ruins.

nid terrain incoming? actually? please. ignoring forgeworlds was the last nid terrain the battle for maccarage scatter stuff?