[IF / BT conversion] The Primarch in Black returned... just not the one you've thought!

Kastor Krieg

With the purported flexibility of 10ed rules, I intend to commit absolute technosurgical mayhem on the Lion's new model and convert him into Rogal Dorn.

Current plan of work:
0) Order the model [ ✔️ ]
1) Receive the model and resist asssembling him as-is [    ]

2) Remove the Watchers entirely or move them to 25mm bases on the side [    ]
3) Kitbash the Watchers with parts of Helbrecht's servitors that I've cunningly not used on the High Marshal himself [    ]
4) Self-congratulate on my skill in recycling base clutter, as Helbrecht's Orc was also reused. It's being squashed by my BT Redemptor [    ]
5) Remove all feasible DA insignia - backpack, vambrace and knee will be easy, sword and chest will need work, shoulderpad is an unknown [    ]

6) Test fit substitution of shoulderpads with custom BT/IF TDA ones [    ]
7) Remove as much of the cloak and lion fur as feasible. The rest of the cloak might have to remain [    ]

8) Remove winglets off the backpack [    ]
9) Kitbash spare unused Guilliman's backpack wings I have with Custodes Vexilla eagle's chest / head and use this to mimic the most eye catching part of Dorn's armour [    ]

10) Alternatively, consider using the broken wing off Abaddon's base to indicate Dorn's broken / battered armour [    ]
11) Snip the wings off the very knightly helmet and use that directly. Maybe source a more fitting unhelmed face for magnetized headswaps? [    ]

12) Assemble fully and otherwise paint Templarish crusader black and white, maybe with IF yellow details? [    ]

13) Luck and profit? :D

Who's with me, Brothers? :>

40k PaintingLion Apr12 Angle1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/1N1QNAdlhsEem9g7.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/mLLkwYaO8cfKmsN2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also butchering his winged helmet, cutting the wings off to make it into a proper regular just Primarch sized reasonable one.

image.png.e6ec4fdfefeddbb990f4f068c47ec9d3.png

Thinking about using Guilliman's Aquila shoulderpad on him instead of the DA. I'll most likely scrap the lion off the other one as well.

• 2 weeks later...