Which holiday chapter strike force box was the best to get for Blood Angels? .. + Agastus

Helias_Tancred

My apologies for spamming the forum with questions. One of my local game stores, which doesn't bring in a lot of 40k customers obviously, still has every holiday chapter strike force box on the shelves for sale! Which one do you think would be the most useful for BA? ... personally I'm leaning towards the Iron Hands one, two redemptors plus the Iron Father that could be kit-bashed into an awesome Master of the Forge is calling my name.

What's the general opinion on the Strike Force Agastus box for Blood Angels? I love that brutalis dreadnought, the new lieutenant could provide some kit-bash, and the desolation marines seem ok?

Thanks all. 

Edited by Eilio Tiberius

3 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I would probably go for Agastus. The minis work pretty well for BAs and they are newer. If you want Redemptors, you can pick them up pretty cheaply at the moment in the Imperium partworks magazine. 

Agreed! And after seeing what the Leviathan box will contain, my money is going for an Agastus Box and the new 10th edition Leviathan box when it releases (versus one of the older holiday strike force boxes). 

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is always the one with the models you think are coolest and most inspiring! Rules change over time, but the models you buy stay with you, so make sure you like them!

That said, agastus is great if you like heavy intercessors and the missile dudes, the brutalis is great!