Which units are you building/looking forward to in 10th?

A bit of positivity is the goal here. Please, feel free to make another thread if griping is your goal.

Which units are you looking forward to using in 10th? 

Old standby favorites? Units that were mediocre but cool that you’re hoping will be worthwhile this time around? Legends units?

I think the venerable land raider is probably near the top of all of our lists. Assault ramp’s return is long overdue, and should really help get choppy units across the table intact to do their bloody work.

High hopes: outriders and Firestrike servo turrets. Not sure what can really be done about the former except make them cheap. Perhaps a hammer of wrath owing to their big bikes slamming into the opponent. For the latter, I just think they’re neat. Autocannons seem to be good this time around, and though these are a bespoke primaris/new type of autocannon, it should be decent, especially combined with twin-linked (which one assumes either variant could have).

I’d love the primaris company champion to have his own rules in the rulebook. It isn’t a huge deal that he’s legends, but he “belongs” with the rest of his modern kit brethren.

Brutalis dread: never got a chance to use him in 9th, I am REALLY looking forward to using mine. Hopefully there is a real choice re: the fist weapons, as the claws are just blatantly better. I bet they’ll get it right (or at least try) this time.

DROP PODS! Primaris in them, at last!

How about you?

Edited by Khornestar

Really looking forward to the new flamer guys in drop pods! In fact, pretty much anything in drop pods, feels like a long time since a proper drop pod assault happened and its just so iconic that it will be ace. 

Also excited about outriders, I'd like to start a small White Scars force, but it feels doomed to stall unless those chonky bikes are worth taking (a full multi part kit would be great, but not a deal breaker if the rules are solid enough)

A dread list with the 3 types of modern dread sounds quite tempting too, hopefully the codex has a detachment to support a techmarines and friends build (I'm sure it will)

EDIT: Ha, your edit beat me to the drop pods!! :biggrin:

Edited by Andrés Pacheco

9 minutes ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

Running an infantry heavy black templars army, lots of sword brethren, bladeguard, crusader squads, assault intercessors, with some dreadnoughts and tanks to back them up.

Sounds like a dream list.

As a Dark Angels player? The fact that we're getting Sternguard interests me greatly.

As a Black Templars player? The Infernus squad because I already have 4 Pyreblaster-armed Initiates for one of my Primaris Crusader Squads :laugh:

22 minutes ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

Running an infantry heavy black templars army, lots of sword brethren, bladeguard, crusader squads, assault intercessors, with some dreadnoughts and tanks to back them up.

Here's hoping Sword Brethren are actually good in 10th and not "use as Sergeants for non-BT Specific squads"  :laugh:

I hope to get to use my land raider and the new terminators ! Not that i havent used the standard terminators before but those new minis are just ace. 

I hope some primaris vanguard are close cause my BT needs some speedy hardhitting stuff! Maybe if outriders become good ill get some of those. 

Mostly though im just looking forward to all the new cool minis and all the converting and stuff i can do to them!

Same answer I have to all such hobby questions... Terminators and Dreadnoughts!

Though I'm going to build a Land Raider and Spartan too soon. Just in case.

Can you imagine the stats for a Spartan now! And delivering all those Terminators!

Personally, hoping to finally bring my mechanized demi-company online, complete with a drop pod and for bigger games a Land Raider Redeemer full of Terminators (or a larger squad deep striking in). 

Actually, I'm looking forward to playing my marines in general. Haven't had a game with them all year correction all EDITION, and if the Space Marine detachments include an option to make Mechanized Infantry better (come on Iron Hands analogue) I'm looking forward to it.

(Also, my scout/skirmish list idea, which is 3 squads of scouts, some bikes, and a bunch of Land Speeders and whatever other fast things I can put on the table. Assault Marines, too, maybe.)

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

3 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Terminators. My all time favourite unit. Ruined by Abbadon, unruined by 10th, they've come full circle now.

Used to own 2 resin spartans. Think I'll have to get a plastic one to ferry them around in

I can assure you the plastic one goes together like a dream (built one, a Cerberus and a Typhon, with a second Spartan to be built)

CLEANING THE MOULDLINES ON THE TREADS HOWEVER sucks.

I don't forsee a lot of Landraiders filled with Terminators.  I do forsee a lot of Landraiders filled with BGV, Assault Intercessors, and so on.  Basic Landraider is still 5 Terminators - meaning no character support.  Land Raider Variants may contain some Terminators - especially depending on where the Assault Launchers end up - but Terminators will still (likely) have their own Deep Strike so I would assume the power armored close combat guys are more likely to get a ride.   Drop Pods are likely to be far more common now that they can (probably) carry Primaris (even if they can't carry Terminators/Gravis)- Hellblasters, Infernusators, Bladeguard, Potentially Company Veterans, Desolators and potentially Devastators. 

The changes to Sternguard Drop Pod Bombs via the Combi-weapon change may make them less common though obvious - but their equivalents are still there in the Hellblasters etc. 

A captain, a few Company Vets, and 5 BGV or some such all trooping out of the same drop pod might be an option. 

37 minutes ago, Tacitus said:

Basic Landraider is still 5 Terminators - meaning no character support.

Not anymore. GW have increased Transport capacities in 10th edition. Both the Rhino and basic LR now carry 12 models meaning you can take 5 Termies and a Character to lead them, and that is before you even start looking at variants like the Crusader.

10th-edition-as-many-suspected-the-warge

I will wait and see in order to decide myself.

Yet some may be in my top list for reconsideration once details will be known:

- Repulsors - depending if First borns can ride in or not.

- Stormspeeder - for compensating the LandSpeeder going to Legends if confirmed.

- Inceptors - as they can fulfill a tactical role my Speeders were having too.

- Firestrike Turret - just because I like the model but so far did not wish to be offering easy static targets to my enemies.

4 hours ago, Bouargh said:

I will wait and see in order to decide myself.

Yet some may be in my top list for reconsideration once details will be known:

- Repulsors - depending if First borns can ride in or not.

- Stormspeeder - for compensating the LandSpeeder going to Legends if confirmed.

- Inceptors - as they can fulfill a tactical role my Speeders were having too.

- Firestrike Turret - just because I like the model but so far did not wish to be offering easy static targets to my enemies.

I'm hoping the Impulsor and Repulsors got a significant transport increase as well. 

I'd take the Landspeeder to Legends rumor with a grain or two of salt - Especially if it didn't include the Predators etc - But I tend to prefer the Stormspeeders anyway.

I'd be wary of the Inceptors - I have the feeling they'll get the Twin Linked treatment like the Aggressors did. 

I had an idea for pairing Firestrikes with Thunderfires a while back that still tickles the back of my mind - I like that the TF gunner can repair the Firestrike. 

I'm currently painting my regular Repulsor for my custom chapter, which I'm almost done with, and a second Vindicator for my Black Templars. I really hope they will finally become good enough for their points.

Edit: I'm looking forward to using the new Terminators, and if they release a new kit I'll definitely finally own a Land Raider again. :wub:

Edited by Maritn