Which units are you building/looking forward to in 10th?

Really looking forward to trying the new Infernus squad in a Land raider Redeemer if they can ride in them.

Will it be game breakingly good? Probably not.

Will it allow me to field a ridiculous themed 9th company Covenant of Fire army consisting of three Redeemers and three Infernus squads backed up whatever characters and other flamer/melta carrying units I can squeeze into the remaining points at 2K? ABSOLUTELY!

Yes burning things counts as fluffy theme for an army, don't judge me.

No I don't have pyromaniacal dreams, why do you ask?

Aside from that, Land Raiders in general now that the assault ramp is back for everyone, not just Black Templars LR Crusaders.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:48 AM, BluejayJunior said:

With units all getting their own special rules, I'm hoping that Assault Squads will have a use. I'd love an excuse to use them. 

Assault Squads may be useful now (for the next week and a half or so - 11th I can't say).  They slowly got them back to viable. 

On 5/23/2023 at 2:19 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Aggressors.

Really?  What makes you say that?  Twin Linking the Aggressor (shooting) fists feels like its going to seriously hamstring them in an attempt to push people into the new Terminators. 

Twin-linked fists in melee too, for what it’s worth. Has some play into non oath of moment targets. Better anti-chaff shooting, too, maybe?

Unit special rule is the wild card in this situation. Could be what makes them also worthy/worthy over terminators, which are just COOLER, if not outright better.

Edited by Khornestar

They're probably being rules cycled out - Twin Linking the Fists makes sense and should have been a thing from the beginning for having two fists.  They didn't get extra attacks or anything.  Twin Linking the shooting is going to hurt them - especially since it somewhat doubles Oaths. 

I have 18 Aggressors and building more Gravis Troops to be with my 18 Inceptors …. 

…. but no one needs to nerf Aggressors for Terminators to sell well. Heck I’ll be buying at least 10 of the new and improved versions of the best Space Marine models ever made myself. :)

On 5/24/2023 at 5:24 AM, Casual Heresy said:

No I don't have pyromaniacal dreams, why do you ask?

We shouldn’t confuse pyromaniacal dreams with dreams of cleansing worlds of heretical filth. They are quite distinct. Anyone who questions your zeal with fire is suspect of said heresy.

Edited by Arkangilos