Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

15 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

I was told at my local GW that the token sets were for only those buying a set on launch day from their allocation, not pre-ordering through their terminals as those are counted as webstore pre-orders and get the mats instead. The message is getting somewhat unclear.

How strange, though I wonder if this is manager digression. Guess I'll find out in two weeks on pick up

So it sounds like GW have held up their end of the bargain this time with decent stocks levels and/or decent buying limits, because for it to still be available even two hours afterwards is a major improvement over recent releases. One for the "good job GW" thread.

On another note, Darksphere (and other's) register of interest system really shines in moments like this. No need to sit in queues looking at my phone all morning, was able to just chill out with the kids in the garden and wait for my invoice. 

Someone else mentioned it further up the thread, but Alchemists Workshops have another 500 copies going on sale later 

They seem to be handling it really well, to be fair. They've said they're retaining a number of boxes in case anyone has payment/website issues and needs to resubmit their order 

Just now, ZeroWolf said:

Seen someone trying to flog it for £600 on ebay, I really hope no one buys it at those prices, I've seen tonnes of stock every where on sites I've never even heard of!

I'd imagine, if GW did indeed make enough this time, then in the days ahead the scalpers will be cancelling thier pre-orders and so even more will be available again from websites and flgs.

1 minute ago, ZeroWolf said:

Now the question will roll over to become if they over produced or if they hit the sweet spot.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll really be able to tell because of how FLGS have been supplied...

If GW had stock left, and all the FLGS had stock left, then we could assume they have over-produced. However because some FLGS's have been kneecapped in terms of numbers, it's impossible to say.

8 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Now the question will roll over to become if they over produced or if they hit the sweet spot.

They made 35k copies of Dark Imperium

They made 260k copies of Indomitus (initial run 135k)

Would love to know how many they make of this

Guess the sweetspot is if it sells out during the pre order window but not right away

4 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

They made 35k copies of Dark Imperium

They made 260k copies of Indomitus (initial run 135k)

Would love to know how many they make of this

Guess the sweetspot is if it sells out during the pre order window but not right away

Depending on how the sprues work they might sell each half separately if they don't sell out, like they started doing for the Indomitus set

Edited by Odd-ad

Id imagine stock for other starter sets was already planned and produced

I think Dominion issue was they were worried about blowback over another instant selllout but difference here is Marines are the most popular faction and  Nids are popular wheres Stormcast are not the same and the Orruks were new

I didn't order Leviathan because I don't think I'd use most of it but I did manage to get 25 terminators for £25 a unit so I'm happy. I know the multipart will have better options and maybe posing but I'm looking forward to converting these and playing around with them for maybe Heresy or something.

It's good to see that it seems to still be available (at least direct), and that people seem to be able to get their copy :smile: 

29 minutes ago, RWJP said:

If GW had stock left, and all the FLGS had stock left, then we could assume they have over-produced. However because some FLGS's have been kneecapped in terms of numbers, it's impossible to say.

Quite true. The Outpost in Sheffield said they only got 1/3 of what they asked for, so they were prioritising orders from those in their local area.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova
Correct link

2 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Quite true. The Outpost in Sheffield said they only got 1/3 of what they asked for, so they were prioritising orders from those in their local area.

In fairness, they asked for over 3,000 copies. They claim GW assured them that orders were essentially uncapped, but we've only got their word for that. Few people on reddit who know the place have said they've got form for this. Taking pre orders before confirming stock allocations and then blaming GW when they don't get enough. 

It's entirely possible GW could have been clearer in their communication, but plenty of other FLGSs were sensible enough to play it safe. If GW have been unreliable in the past, this probably wasn't the time to start trusting them 

4 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

honestly hope a bunch of scalpers end up severely out of pocket with this, it will warm my old cold heart

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of their Discord servers to see them upset that their investment backfired. Though I imagine most of them will see the writing on the wall and just cancel the order. But hey, if that results in them being more cautious in the future, then that's a net positive.

I managed to get mine at my local GW. Very busy but they had a slick system in place with the web terminal and the managers laptop set to get access like the terminal. 

Downside to that is only got the box that way as they were churning out box orders one per person to ensure everyone got one. Persevered with the website on my phone as well to get a copy of the novel. 

All in all I think it’s been run well. I feel for people who tried to order at the indie  retailers whose sites couldn’t cope with the traffic. 

29 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

24 minutes ago, Shed Some Skin said:

In fairness, they asked for over 3,000 copies. They claim GW assured them that orders were essentially uncapped, but we've only got their word for that. Few people on reddit who know the place have said they've got form for this. Taking pre orders before confirming stock allocations and then blaming GW when they don't get enough. 

They absolutely do have form for crap like that, when The Lion sold out everywhere in minutes with all the other stores saying "out of stock" or "no longer available", The Outpost were still taking money for it well into the afternoon, saying "available to pre-order" then a disclaimer down the page saying something along the lines of "placing an order doesn't guarantee a copy and if we don't get enough stock to fulfil your order we'll have to cancel it and refund you". And bear in mind this is preorder day, they've already had their day one stock allocations confirmed by that point, they know exactly how many copies they have available to sell so they are doing it wilfully.

Edited by Halandaar
Typo