Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

2 hours ago, Watch Captain said:

Just to say Alchemists Workshop have theor second wave live and there's 64 in stock at the moment!Screenshot_20230610_155659_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e77c4bfccd278f26db5aea870efd6dd0.jpg

Mhmm

I wouldn't purchase from them, their owner got sent down for some uh not great stuff

Edited by Mr Farson

14 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

As someone who didn't get one via pre-register, was left to scramble to secure one elsewhere, what gives? If they don't have enough stock to reserve me one via register of interests (I know I was on the naughty list, but still), but they have enough online stock to then sell a wave at +£15, what? I'm a little put off for now, might shop elsewhere.

Only way to know for sure is to ask them, but maybe if people on the register who did get allocated one back out for any reason, they just list those copies for general sale? There's not much point going back to people on the list after the pre-orders have opened because as you say, those who actively wanted it will have looked elsewhere after they got told there wouldn't be one allocated to them.

Got in GW after 29 min in queue. Went to order and could not process order as my card needed the  address to be updated. No problem because it says I have 10 min and all that was under 2 min right? Nope! Sent back into queue immediately after I clicked to update card. Now have over an hour estimated time. Everyone gets one though right? 

Update: I did get one! Resting heart rate at 180.

Edited by rookie40K
Update.

You can use one of these links below to pre-order your new box set for Leviathan:

US - https://www.miniwargaming.com/warpfire
AU - https://www.miniwargaming.com/gapgames - Use coupon code MWG10THED to get another 5% off
EU - https://www.miniwargaming.com/broadsword
UK - https://www.miniwargaming.com/wayland
CA - https://www.miniwargaming.com/torchlight

9 minutes ago, Kervin40k said:

Does anyone know if GW itself sold out anywhere around the world yet, or are we just hearing about 3rd parties selling out?

I haven't checked for a couple of hours since the US queue went live, but prior to that, Leviathan had not sold out in any region, including NZ which had been open for about 16 hours last time I looked.

Some regions have had specific language copies sell out (eg in Japan the Japanese language version of Indomitus sold out) but all have had English language copies available.

For the US Fraters:

Don't panic about the queue. It worked the same for NZ, AU, Japan and the UK/Europe launches. Wait times can be long but that means the system is doing it's job and managing traffic. You'll get your box.

Also, make sure to check the flag at the top right of the GW website when you get in. Make sure the US Flag shows.

Edited by RWJP

Got my copy on preorder at my local place I like to shop from. They hold a big stock even tho it's not a game shop first, and they had about 100 boxes in their allotment for preorder, so I think at least in the US side of things, there are plenty of copies to go around. 

With my store credit loyalty and a 15% price reduction, I got it all said and done for $209. No preorder goodies but they said there will be some of the goodies for those who pick up their boxes first. Unfortunately I'm working that Saturday so hopefully my gf can grab it for me. 

11 minutes ago, Kervin40k said:

Does anyone know if GW itself sold out anywhere around the world yet, or are we just hearing about 3rd parties selling out?

Seems to be just third parties. The UK site still had stock after 5 hours. 

Honestly, for once it looks like gw may have got it right.

I'll be sipping scalper tears tonight accompanied by "that" Leonardo DiCaprio meme.

32 minutes ago, Glute said:

Waiting in the queue now for 1 hour with over an hour wait still being posted on USA website.   Disgraceful.....

Waits are annoying for sure, but the alternative is the webstore collapses under weight of traffic as it did for the Lion a little while back and nobody but bots can buy one at all. The good news is that no other region has sold out even after 10+ hours. A long time in the queue is, so far at least, not something to worry about.

I thoughtI heard UK sold out at approximately 35 min, but I can’t confirm it. I’m in US and had over an hour wait and it ended up being 29 min total in the end. Once I paid it said it could not process. I thought since I moved in December that was the issue and I was kicked back into queue. Ended up the order processed as I received email confirmation and bank indicated transaction processing.

Wife jumped in an hour ago for me and hers says 48 minutes left. Shame our hobby gods choose to play us like we’re well tuned fiddles down this stressful path. Wishing you all luck and hoping everyone who wants one gets one.

4 minutes ago, rookie40K said:

I thoughtI heard UK sold out at approximately 35 min, but I can’t confirm it. I’m in US and had over an hour wait and it ended up being 29 min total in the end. Once I paid it said it could not process. I thought since I moved in December that was the issue and I was kicked back into queue. Ended up the order processed as I received email confirmation and bank indicated transaction processing.

Wife jumped in an hour ago for me and hers says 48 minutes left. Shame our hobby gods choose to play us like we’re well tuned fiddles down this stressful path. Wishing you all luck and hoping everyone who wants one gets one.

No, the UK was still going strong with availablity on the GW site until the queue kicked back into operation for US orders. Third party retailers have sold out at varying speeds over the course of the day, however.

1 hour ago, Mogger351 said:

As someone who didn't get one via pre-register, was left to scramble to secure one elsewhere, what gives? If they don't have enough stock to reserve me one via register of interests (I know I was on the naughty list, but still), but they have enough online stock to then sell a wave at +£15, what? I'm a little put off for now, might shop elsewhere.

I don't know if this applies to Darksphere specifically, but online stores will often reserve a percentage of their allocation for their website and physical store, regardless of the length of the register list. That way they don't hit pre-order day with absolutely nothing available for ordinary customers. For darksphere specficially, if they get more from GW or customers cancel their pre-allocation, those get offered to those who missed out on the register first in existing list order.

Darksphere do warn that cancelling your register order after the invoice has gone out may heavily impact your ability to take advantage of future registers, which is the boat you're in I think. I've no idea how long that applies for, or if it's a permanent black mark!

But I can definitely understand you feeling miffed that despite registering you didn't get one while other people were offered them at a higher price, I would too!

Edited by Arkhanist

42 minutes ago, rookie40K said:

Not at all.

There was still stock 5 hours later.

51 minutes ago, rookie40K said:

I've just checked now, and after 10 and a half hours, UK GW still has stock.

A quick flit round the different regions shows everywhere still has stock on GW's site.

FLGS did sell out quicker in the UK, but GW stocks are still good.

Popped into my local store today for some paint and inquired about the pre-order. They ordered 108 copies and had 77 people on the pre-order list. Contrary to a lot of the gloom and doom, the stores sales rep was trying to push an extra 32 copies on them. I'm based in New Hampshire in the US, so not sure if we got an unusually large allotment or just have lower than typical demand.