Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

55 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

Darksphere do warn that cancelling your register order after the invoice has gone out may heavily impact your ability to take advantage of future registers, which is the boat you're in I think. I've no idea how long that applies for, or if it's a permanent black mark!

It's not permanent for sure; I did a register of interest for something (can't remember exactly but might have been one of the Kill Team sets last year) but so much time passed I completely forgot about it and then bought on the day from somewhere else, so I was a bit surprised by the invoice arriving and had to decline it. That doesn't seem to have affected me this year (I used the ROI for both the Seraphon Army and now Leviathan), but then again I signed up very early for both - Leviathan I think I signed up the day it went live - so I don't know which thing has more influence.

1 minute ago, Doobles88 said:

For those in the UK still looking for a discount, hobby workshop have released some more stock just now https://www.hobbyworkshop.co.uk/leviathan-40k-box-set-pre-order.html

To add to this, Alchemists Workshop will be releasing some more copies tomorrow. They say about 150 but they are double checking to make sure they have all the current orders sorted first. 

At least a one-minute queue time means that there are no longer large numbers of people trying to buy, which in turn suggests that most people managed to get one. Hopefully. 

On another note, given that boxes do seem to still be freely available in the UK (even at a discount) I had a little look at eBay to see how much individual kits are going for - reckon I can make the majority of the cost of a second box back just by selling the SM character models and the big Nids. Extra Termies, Sternguard, Internus, Dread, Gaunts and Leapers for me plus I can give my mate a rulebook and mission deck and it basically costs nothing but time.

4 minutes ago, RWJP said:

I have to admit I am very surprised to see the box sell out on the US store considering it hasn't sold out in any other region!

Still, it did remain in stock for significantly longer than Indomitus, so it's technically still a victory.

Yeah I also found it interesting, but hard to draw any conclusions without knowing any of the numbers. 

I wonder if we get to release day and there's still stock available in UK, EU and Aus/NZ/Japan, any of that will be shifted over to the US given as it's the only market to sell out so far.

19 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Yeah I also found it interesting, but hard to draw any conclusions without knowing any of the numbers. 

I wonder if we get to release day and there's still stock available in UK, EU and Aus/NZ/Japan, any of that will be shifted over to the US given as it's the only market to sell out so far.

Based on previous pre-orders, they may do that significantly before the pre-order window closes, the US warehouse has been having significant issues too due to GW's ongoing IT nightmare. Depends how much stock they have left in other regions I imagine.

Overall, despite UK large discount 3rd parties getting pretty somewhat smaller allocations than they asked for, I think this has been a genuine success for GW, going far better than I feared it might. And it sounds like there should be substantial stock in GW stores for launch day too. I'm truly happy that so many frater have manged to get their pre-order in. And the big supply means genuine or amateur bits sellers (as opposed to scalpers) should be at reasonable prices for those who only want partial contents.

Edited by Arkhanist

I have a theory about the US now I have had time to think about it:

From what I have read online, the majority of retailers who reported receiving extremely small numbers of Leviathan seem to have been from the US. UK retailers didn't get as much stock as they might have liked, but many still got literally hundreds of copies, compared to many US retailers who reported allocations in the single digits.

That, plus the US site selling out first, would suggest to me that GW may have experienced some fairly significant logistical issues getting stock over to the US and/or getting it out of their Memphis warehouse and into the hands of retailers. As Arkhanist mentions, we do know that GW has been having issues at it's Memphis warehouse for a while.

In the queue (ha ha) waiting to leave Download and thought I'd take a peak - it is indeed still available on the UK store and I think my retailer (a small bookstore in Rugby, England called Hunt's) had plenty of stock though a reasonable amount of interest. I got mine reserved no issues!

51 minutes ago, RWJP said:

That, plus the US site selling out first, would suggest to me that GW may have experienced some fairly significant logistical issues getting stock over to the US and/or getting it out of their Memphis warehouse and into the hands of retailers. As Arkhanist mentions, we do know that GW has been having issues at it's Memphis warehouse for a while.

To add to this; I know part of the reason they've been having issues with the Memphis warehouse is the company semi-distracted as they are in the process of establishing another warehouse in the US for redundancy, in the event Memphis is rendered non-operational (be it due to being snowed in or burning down, for example). Can't recall where the new one was due to open, however.

36 minutes ago, Shadow Captain Vyper said:

Been sick in bed all day, just now got up to see that GW official (US) is out of stock as is FLG. Anyone have a US based online retailer that still has stock available that also preferably has the capped 15% off?

Gamers Guild AZ still has them. They ship quickly and I’ve bought a bunch of stuff from them.

59 minutes ago, RWJP said:

I have a theory about the US now I have had time to think about it:

From what I have read online, the majority of retailers who reported receiving extremely small numbers of Leviathan seem to have been from the US. UK retailers didn't get as much stock as they might have liked, but many still got literally hundreds of copies, compared to many US retailers who reported allocations in the single digits.

At least locally, on the East Coast, not much problem finding a box for anyone I know who was looking for it.

56 minutes ago, Shadow Captain Vyper said:

Been sick in bed all day, just now got up to see that GW official (US) is out of stock as is FLG. Anyone have a US based online retailer that still has stock available that also preferably has the capped 15% off?

https://shoparmada.com/products/warhammer-40k-leviathan-10th-edition-starter?_pos=4&_sid=488d3bc20&_ss=r

They still show in stock