Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

I had the box is my cart at GW and frontline both were available. I just didn’t find I needed the box as I don’t want to focus on either army.

Glad others got it though. Of interest at the time I was on GW website (1130-1200 is PST) it only allowed a maximum of one set although I thought it was going to be 2 per order. Maybe they adjusted.

Now if I can just find that ashes of faith at an affordable resale price.

We just popped into our FLGS and they had the models on the counter building them… the Screamer killer is one great looking model :wub: and it’s real beefy !! 
also they said did we want to pre order?, they have copies left … :laugh: obviously GW actually gave our independent retailers some good amount of stock !! I’m shocked :tongue: 

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Seems to me the idea that other releases might have suffered because gw would not put on the production brakes for Leviathan migh've had some truth to them

Seems they have gauged the demand pretty well, has it sold out in any territory yet? Hopefully some scalpers have invested hard in this and it may turn some off with slow returns.

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Seems to me the idea that other releases might have suffered because gw would not put on the production brakes for Leviathan migh've had some truth to them

Yup, it seems that way.

1 minute ago, zarkkarn said:

Seems they have gauged the demand pretty well, has it sold out in any territory yet? Hopefully some scalpers have invested hard in this and it may turn some off with slow returns.

Sold out on the GW Store in the US and Canada. Some translated versions have sold out as well (Japanese and Italian versions) however literally everywhere has English copies available.

3 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Warehouse capacity and shipping logistics probably played a factor as well. If you're stacking up hundreds of thousands of boxes, you've got to put em somewhere prior to shipping to 3rd party retailers/customers, and that was still coming out of their old warehouse in Nottingham per their last report (due to delays transitioning to their new midlands eurohub), so probably leaving limited space and capacity for other releases.

I imagine it looks rather like this right now:

neil-burn-warehouse-06-new-signature-siz

2 hours ago, Arkhanist said:

Warehouse capacity and shipping logistics probably played a factor as well. If you're stacking up hundreds of thousands of boxes, you've got to put em somewhere prior to shipping to 3rd party retailers/customers, and that was still coming out of their old warehouse in Nottingham per their last report (due to delays transitioning to their new midlands eurohub), so probably leaving limited space and capacity for other releases.

I imagine it looks rather like this right now:

neil-burn-warehouse-06-new-signature-siz

Watched that with the kids yesterday lol

I was looking on eBay for USA sellers that are offering the Leviathan box for preorder and notice that they are not selling at a 15% discount. Most are selling for list price or with a 5% discount. 
I ended up ordering from Poland because even with shipping, I could get the models I want much cheaper than what is being offered in the US. 

Leviathan is now no longer available in the UK. According to some comments on Reddit looks like it went out at about 14:30... Or in other words, it made it about 28 and a half hours before selling out.

Indomitus sold out in less than an hour, so Leviathan lasted at least 28 times longer...

3 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Theres definitely a few things GW can be fairly criticised for, but theyve handled by my estimation 2500 TONNES of Leviathan very well, let alone for a company with IT and warehousing issues

Ive jinxex the new 40k app now havent I?

Gw really isn’t that small and plucky company anymore. 

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Removal of Off-topic

I just checked the Belgium  shop and it says Leviathan os out of stock online, I checked earlier today and was still available. I'm not sure whether all EU shops share the same stock count, however, but it seems GW might run out of stock by the end of the day, which might be their absolute best scenario? 

Well that was better than indomitus anyway.

I wonder if they won't bother with a second production batch this time seen as it lasted a reasonable time over the weekend for people to get one.

It is a shame they don't have these for general sale all the time, but I guess the discount (in terms of just how much you get compared to full price kits or even combat patrols etc) is just too large for them to be an always in production production.

I think GW got the demand about right this time, could have maybe done sending more to third party stores, but for the most part a good job

Hoping that they keep this up for future releases, but since this is the big new edition launch box that's probably a vain hope

8 minutes ago, Odd-ad said:

Hoping that they keep this up for future releases, but since this is the big new edition launch box that's probably a vain hope

On the other hand, this was taking up a vast amount of production capacity, so now it's out of the way we might start seeing stuff produced in reasonable quantities again.

44 minutes ago, Warden-Paints said:

Some pretty filthy comments left on the Warhammer Instagram about availability make me feel like I'm living in the twilight zone... I pre-ordered mine through FLGS with no issues at all. 

Some people will never be happy, no matter what. Others will take any opportunity to bash GW, regardless of the situation.

Overall I think they've gauged it about right in terms of stock levels (UK based, so primarily talking UK). Plus the webstore experience was alright, although stock levels helped that massively.