Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

8 minutes ago, Grotsmasha said:

For those want a good idea of the price in their local currency, it will be +/- $5 of the Age of Darkness Heresy boxset.

No the Age of Darkness box is way more than Leviathan, for example in Euro its 240€ while Leviathan is only 200€

3 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

No the Age of Darkness box is way more than Leviathan, for example in Euro its 240€ while Leviathan is only 200€

My process is go to UK Webstore find an existing item for the announced price, and go back to my Webstore (OZ) in this case, and match the price. 

There's a current item on the UK Webstore for £185, the Heresy Boxset.

5 minutes ago, Grotsmasha said:

My process is go to UK Webstore find an existing item for the announced price, and go back to my Webstore (OZ) in this case, and match the price. 

There's a current item on the UK Webstore for £185, the Heresy Boxset.

And Leviathan will be £150 so £35 less

Anyone else slightly miffed by the fact the rules will come separately sometime later?  As confirmed by the article and no mention of the data sheet cards.  The launch of just one box set is not really an edition launch for anyone who doesn't buy it.  I'm hoping in the middle week of the pre-order window the cards at least are announced otherwise as a non-Marine or Nids player there is zero buzz for the 24th which is disappointing.

48 minutes ago, Burni said:

Will Independent dealers be given and idea of stock available to them this week? Not sure how that usually works.

I believe they usually find out in the next couple of days.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on Alchemist Workshop's social media as they seem to be quite vocal in what's going on!

1 minute ago, Nova-V said:

Anyone else slightly miffed by the fact the rules will come separately sometime later?  As confirmed by the article and no mention of the data sheet cards.  The launch of just one box set is not really an edition launch for anyone who doesn't buy it.  I'm hoping in the middle week of the pre-order window the cards at least are announced otherwise as a non-Marine or Nids player there is zero buzz for the 24th which is disappointing.

But they are free to download or will be by release of the box

1 hour ago, Burni said:

Will Independent dealers be given and idea of stock available to them this week? Not sure how that usually works.

31 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

They should know today based on past releases. 

Not today, because they have several days to put their orders for stock in to their GW trade account rep and they'll find out what they got allocated later on. 

Source: Darksphere run a "register of interest" system for big releases, you sign up ahead of preorders and then when they get their allocation confirmed by GW they let you know if they're getting enough stock to fulfil your request. They do not get that confirmation until the Thursday/Friday before the preorders go live. 

1 hour ago, Sir Clausel said:

The Space Marines go live this week though I'm not sure if the OP meant physical cards. Otherwise all rules for the Leviathan units will be live online by the time the General public get their boxes.

1 hour ago, Sir Clausel said:

True but I've never been a fan of reading documents from screens, I find it hard to process, flicking through a book is much easier.  Plus one of the advantages of the cards is having quick access to stats at the table but online you need to scroll through them on a small phone screen.  It's personal preference I grant you but one that I've heard voiced by others and it doesn't help the launch feel anything but a bit flat.

2 hours ago, Nova-V said:

For what it's worth you can usually get the rulebook for dirt cheap on Ebay before too long because so many people buy multiple boxes either to split for sales or because they want more than one set of the models. Since people only need the one rulebook, loads of them end up being sold on.

Edited by Lord Marshal