Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

13 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

i plan to download all the datacards and Laminate them

That's a great idea, get some dry erase markers and you can add extra info to the cards in real time!

My girlfriend's a teacher and has a portable Laminator, she might be wondering where its gone over the summer XD

Edited by Doctor Perils
double post

I am probably thick, but: 1. What is the purpose/usefulness  of this stuff???

40k LeviathanPromos Jun6 Image3

And: 2. Are you (really) supposed to be able to put them back in this beautiful envelope??? (+insert sarcasm here+)

Subsidiary one (I feel playful today): Could the pic have been shot without distortion (right part/detailled markers)? Do not feel obliged to answer that one which is voluntarily provokative (obviously - :devil:)

If I could choose (which I wouldn´t) I would rather go to the dice tray.
And you, which is your favourite goody?

I'm assuming rolling. Wasnt it in one of the videos?

Gah - checked my emails last night and cannot find the confirmation of signing up for the ROI for Leviathan very early when it first went up. I am certain I did this so have probably just deleted the email at some point but now concerned/second guessing myself

Huh weird, one of my big LGS sent out a mail saying "be quick we only got 10% of the boxes we wanted allocated". While the other,  comparable in size, went:  "no need to rush we've got more than enough coming". Not sure what to expect now.:ermm:

Edited by matcap86

Our LGS asked for 20 on Monday, and was contacted by the area representative the following evening to confirm they'd allocated 20, plus 10 if they wanted them. Every copy is already accounted for as well, so hopefully the store will be able to organise a second run for anyone that's missed out.

I had a confirmation from The Outpost earlier this week that the copy I requested would be available, as did a mate of mine who didn't even fill in the register of interest form until Tuesday this week. They've also said there will be extras available at 10am and throughout the day on Saturday. 

Definitely sounding like GW have produced enough stock for anyone who wants one to be able to get it. 

On 6/6/2023 at 12:05 PM, Brother Captain Alberic said:

Is even that enough though I know Hobby Workshop has a register of at least 500.

Anyone on the list knows that since they sadly forgot the difference between cc and bcc..........

They mentioned that they'd have news on the allocation size later in the week. Hoping that means an email today to say whether they have enough to cover everyone or not so I know whether to join the GW queue or go with my other FLGS who for whatever reason offers zero discount.

2 minutes ago, Brother_Angelus said:

LGS has warned they're getting less than half of what they asked for and have been calling people on their interest list who missed out.

Local Warhammer store says they have a "Massive" amount of stock for release day.

Seems to be a lot of mixed messages around this release.

Sounds about right that GW would allocate more boxes to their own stores to be fair.

Alchemists Workshops have confirmed they are getting 900 copies: https://twitter.com/AlchemistsWorks/status/1667128293273763841?t=Bze4jmxDyzM2N44hrjwXFg&s=19

Less than the 1200 they wanted, but apparently they're not too concerned. 

EDIT: Mighty Lancer Games have confirmed they are receiving 426 copies: https://youtu.be/dVKy8i0uqwQ

They asked for 1000 copies and have more than 426 expressions of interest.

So it's looking to be a real mixed bag.

Edited by RWJP

Good job I checked my FLGS FB page (I hate FB...) They are doing a register your interest for reserving copies now that they know the quantities they'll get.

I suggest those planning to order from a specific FLGS, check their social media pages to see if something similar is happening.

Not a fan of the fact we have to pre-order our pre-orders now...

I got my email confirmation from Dark Sphere saying I've got a copy reserved for me, but they've not said how much it will cost.

Does anyone know if the independents are doing their usual discount, lesser discount or no discount?

The Outpost didn't received the amount that was agreed. 

Leviathan Statement. 

We are regretfully finding ourselves in a far too familiar situation today. After months of being told that all the stock issues we were having on Games Workshop new releases were in aid of 10th Edition being a faultless launch with plenty of stock. This has turned out to have been in vain. 

All the information and promises of available stock until late last night indicated stock levels would be fine and we would get everything we ordered. There was no indication that there would be any stock shortages, we were even encouraged to up our numbers as recently as Tuesday. Here is the unadulterated and transparent series of events and the outcomes of such.

We finalised our request for enough units last night to cover 100% of interest list demand and have enough for general sale at 10am on Saturday for pre orders. At no point during these discussions was any indication made that there was likely to be stock shortages. As you can observe for yourselves through Games Workshop’s marketing, incredibly large volumes of stock were purported to have been made. 

This morning Games Workshop emailed to tell us we would be receiving exactly 33.33% of what we asked for and this is less than 25% of the numbers given to us which would be considered “no problem”. Up until this point, the only indication of any delays would be that over a certain volume, deliveries of stock to us, may need to be split across multiple days. Additionally, as of our latest conversation with Games Workshop, there are no current plans to provide additional stock to retailers. We have spoken to several independent retailers, and they are all in the same position to a greater or lesser extent. 

We honestly have no words. We apologise that we will not be able to fulfil our promise to you all being able to get the stock you requested. 

Edited by Bradeh

1 hour ago, Valkyrion said:

I got my email confirmation from Dark Sphere saying I've got a copy reserved for me, but they've not said how much it will cost.

Does anyone know if the independents are doing their usual discount, lesser discount or no discount?

I'm one of a few that haven't got one so they didn't get given as many as they asked for clearly as an extra observation.

7 hours ago, Arbedark said:

I had a confirmation from The Outpost earlier this week that the copy I requested would be available, as did a mate of mine who didn't even fill in the register of interest form until Tuesday this week. They've also said there will be extras available at 10am and throughout the day on Saturday. 

Definitely sounding like GW have produced enough stock for anyone who wants one to be able to get it. 

12 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

The Outpost didn't received the amount that was agreed. 

Haha, well haven't I got egg on my face...

1 hour ago, Valkyrion said:

Phew, me too. I did sign up a month ago, but was worried that would already be not enough given the allocation cuts. They hopefully should be doing their usual discount, they did with the handful of previous big-box pre-orders I've done through them. (last one was 25% off Into the Dark)

Sorry to you guys that missed out, that sucks. Best of luck with the GW website carousel tomorrow, sounds like 3rd party retailers are not going to have much if any if some can't even met pre-pre-orders. (though an in-person check at a small FLGS may bear fruit)

Edited by Arkhanist

8 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

Phew, me too. I did sign up a month ago, but was worried that would already be not enough given the allocation cuts. They hopefully should be doing their usual discount, they did with the handful of previous big-box pre-orders I've done through them. (last one was 25% off Into the Dark)

Sorry to you guys that missed out, that sucks. Best of luck with the GW website carousel tomorrow, sounds like 3rd party retailers are not going to have much if any if some can't even met pre-pre-orders. (though an in-person check at a small FLGS may bear fruit)

I like DS, but they've been a bit shady in the past with not offering their regular discount (20% now, not 25%) on 'hot' product...

8 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

Out of curiousity, what exact date did you sign up on the ROI form?

I'm trying to figure out what Dark Sphere's allocation was like. I signed it at 10am on 30/04 which was less than 24 hours after it went live so I did get a copy.

Jut FYI, Dark Sphere are now offering a 20% discount following GW's trade price change back in late 2022.

1 minute ago, Arbedark said:

I like DS, but they've been a bit shady in the past with not offering their regular discount (20% now, not 25%) on 'hot' product...

I mostly order through Element Games to be fair, as though their discount isn't always the best, they stock a much wider range of paint suppliers than most (which I use a lot), and next day delivery pretty cheaply. But they don't do a register of interest for pre-orders AFAIK, so DS has been my goto for that stuff. Given it's usually that or GW full price, I'll take what I can get!

Hasn't mostly everyone had to drop to up-to-20% discount now since the FLGS price hike? I think there's only a couple left hanging on at up to 22%.