Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

10 hours ago, Arbedark said:

I had a confirmation from The Outpost earlier this week that the copy I requested would be available, as did a mate of mine who didn't even fill in the register of interest form until Tuesday this week. They've also said there will be extras available at 10am and throughout the day on Saturday. 

Definitely sounding like GW have produced enough stock for anyone who wants one to be able to get it. 

They've posted a further update today, the allocation definitely isn't as generous as they'd hoped. Glad I pre-ordered their objective marker set.

29 minutes ago, happyslugger said:

There seem to be a fair few boxes and splits on eBay now already. Just looked at a listing for the full box heading stated great price or something, £250. It said last one available and 15 sold....how?

My independent store asked for a fair few and got 30 but was only allocated 5 bonus trays

Probably 'buying' from themselves to drive up FOMO. I imagine it's similar to when you see items going for absurd prices on stuff you can otherwise find at normal prices after a cursory search, but for some otherwise unbeknownst reason have lots of Watchers.

Edited by Lord Marshal

8 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Probably 'buying' from themselves to drive up FOMO. I imagine it's similar to when you see items going for absurd prices on stuff you can otherwise find at normal prices after a cursory search, but for some otherwise unbeknownst reason have lots of Watchers.

Yep exactly this. They buy from each other and just pay each other back. There's whole trading rings of these types of people. 

1 hour ago, Doobles88 said:

Yeah there's some sellers selling individual parts as preorders (which is fine if that's what you want to do with your box) but they've got 20-30 boxes worth to sell. Dodgy but expected at this point. 

It's not fine, it's explicitly against GWs trade account terms to sell split boxes. So in order to do and this be sure they have 20-30 sets to sell, someone is having to use a trade account to get guaranteed stock from GW, then sell it to themselves (or another company) at cost, and then that individual/entity can split it because at that point it's a second-hand item.

Was it Triple Helix that got stung for doing that? I vaguely remember lots of people defending them, saying they'd have their name cleared in a week, but it doesn't look like they've had any new GW stock for a long time. 

2 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

I definitely remember Dark Sphere not offering a discount on certain big items before too. I think it might have been the Christmas Battleforces or Votann Army Set?

Hmm, I got the Votann box from them and I'm pretty sure it was 25% off as usual. Might be the restocks were at a lower discount rate. 

I'll agree that them being an outlier in not offering a free shipping threshold often makes their higher discount rate functionally pointless.

4 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Hmm, I got the Votann box from them and I'm pretty sure it was 25% off as usual. Might be the restocks were at a lower discount rate. 

I'll agree that them being an outlier in not offering a free shipping threshold often makes their higher discount rate functionally pointless.

Wonder why they don’t do the free postage seeing so many others do.

Just now, Brother Captain Alberic said:

Wonder why they don’t do the free postage seeing so many others do.

Probably a retail psychology thing; it allows them to advertise a lower price for the products, even if the end cost to the customer (and their business) ends up pretty much the same as it does for a store offering a lower discount but free shipping.

54 minutes ago, Arbedark said:

Was it Triple Helix that got stung for doing that? I vaguely remember lots of people defending them, saying they'd have their name cleared in a week, but it doesn't look like they've had any new GW stock for a long time. 

I think it was, they used to be my go-to retailer but they haven’t really had anything in for ages.

What time do we reckon the GW website will absolutely collapse tomorrow? 0958?

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

It's not fine, it's explicitly against GWs trade account terms to sell split boxes. So in order to do and this be sure they have 20-30 sets to sell, someone is having to use a trade account to get guaranteed stock from GW, then sell it to themselves (or another company) at cost, and then that individual/entity can split it because at that point it's a second-hand item.

I should have been clearer, when I said "with YOUR box" I was referring to you or I - the average hobbyist splitting their one box, or half a box. Not a trader. Absolutely not fine with what we're seeing in those cases.

Had confirmation my Darksphere reservation was ok - 1 copy. Phew. Hoping they do at least their 'standard' 20% discount as that is in part my justification with my wife. I've also agreed to finally have a clear out/sell of some of my pile of shame which helps (should more than cover the cost with with some of the limited edition stuff/diazettes etc)

Well, it's early days, but possibly a good sign: NZ Pre-orders have been up for over 20 minutes and haven't sold out yet, which is better than some past releases.

Edit: Leviathan is still available in NZ one hour after pre-orders launched. As far as I can tell that means GW have done better than with Indomitus as I believe that sold out in under an hour.

Edited by RWJP

6 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Well spotted. Beautiful city!

I’m from Australia but I do love England :wub:… we all come from there practically… you too Americans…if you go back far enough, you’re all English  (even if you don’t want it to be true :tongue:

hope you guys get your Leviathan sets !! 

So, NZ, Australia and Japan all have Leviathan stock on the GW site numerous hours later (NZ is at 10+, Australia and Japan are around 7).

Hopefully that's a good sign for UK, European and US stock.

I also wonder whether GW might start re-allocating stock to independent retailers. It appears they have been very cagey and held on to a lot of stock for direct sale, so if they have excess they might then get back in touch with FLGSs to provide "second waves" of stock.