Leviathan Pre-Orders + Pre-order Bonuses (10/06)

18 hours ago, Arbedark said:

But to stay on topic, yes, most only offer 20% discount now, and whilst DS used to be great with their 25% off, now at 20% off and having to pay for shipping they are worse value than many other sites. I wouldn't be surprised if Leviathan is the full RRP on DS, given that they know people will still buy it at that price with how limited the supply is.

Just to update, got my register invoice through from Dark Sphere; £120 + £3.80 shipping. Very happy with that to secure a copy without fighting queues or struggling websites! Phew, this has been a rollercoaster of a month.

Edited by Arkhanist

Just now, Eptesicus said:

I imagine there is no way Wayland Games have this much stock unfortunately....

For some perspective, Alchemists Workshop confirmed they had 900 and they were out of stock in under an hour. 

Unless Wayland somehow managed to secure an absolute mountain of copies, I would be absolutely stunned if they actually have any left at this point 

1 minute ago, Shed Some Skin said:

For some perspective, Alchemists Workshop confirmed they had 900 and they were out of stock in under an hour. 

Unless Wayland somehow managed to secure an absolute mountain of copies, I would be absolutely stunned if they actually have any left at this point 

Indeed. Considering they also have no advertised limit on how many can be ordered either....

I hope it comes through. I had to use a different email address/check out as a guest as at the time i simply could not log in (due to the load on their website i assume).

Edited by Eptesicus

7 minutes ago, Eptesicus said:

I imagine there is no way Wayland Games have this much stock unfortunately....

I put an order in for wayland for stuff they all had 'in stock' - half of it turned to be out of stock and went to backorder, and one thing got eventually canceled after a month of waiting - and none of that was pre-order stuff. After some quick googling, they've certainly got form for taking your money for pre-orders, then 'regretfully' cancelling a few days later when they don't have the stock to meet them. I'd definitely take their 'in stock' state at this point with a whole handful of salt.

Edited by Arkhanist

2 minutes ago, Shed Some Skin said:

Alchemists only put up 400 copies this morning, they will be releasing the other 500 later. 

9 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

I put an order in for wayland for stuff they all had 'in stock' - half of it turned to be out of stock and went to backorder, and one thing got eventually canceled after a month of waiting - and none of that was pre-order stuff. After some quick googling, they've certainly got form for taking your money for pre-orders, then 'regretfully' cancelling a few days later when they don't have the stock to meet them. I'd definitely take their 'in stock' state at this point with a whole handful of salt.

I just don't believe they still have stock with no household/person limit at this stage.

I imagine they are going to disappoint a lot of people.

Edited by Eptesicus

16 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

Just to update, got my register invoice through from Dark Sphere; £120 + £3.80 shipping. Very happy with that to secure a copy without fighting queues or struggling websites! Phew, this has been a rollercoaster of a month.

Yes, heard the same thing from a mate. Managed to secure my own copy through Alchemists Workshops, so I'm chuffed with that. 

54 minutes ago, painting.for.my.sanity said:

My partner and I hedged our bets by having multiple devices in the wait ahead of the queue properly opening.

We got allocated over an hour, 35min and 4min.

I've bought one now, and left the "over an hour" to see how it progresses. It's still saying that at time of posting (1045).

My longest queue wait has just finished. GW still have UK stock as of 1130 for those wondering.

Edited by painting.for.my.sanity

Well that was fun. Joined the webstore queue at 09:30, at 10:00 my wait time was "Over an hour". Jumped in my car, drove to my local GW store, used their terminal to bypass the virtual queue and order, drove back - and I still have another 17 minutes to wait in the virtual queue.

I can't bring myself to check eBay to see how ridiculous the market is for split boxes, individual units, or scalpers wanting an easy payday by selling the box as-is. I think I'm going to bubble myself away from all that until I get some new plastic coming through the post in two weeks time :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Well that was fun. Joined the webstore queue at 09:30, at 10:00 my wait time was "Over an hour". Jumped in my car, drove to my local GW store, used their terminal to bypass the virtual queue and order, drove back - and I still have another 17 minutes to wait in the virtual queue.

I can't bring myself to check eBay to see how ridiculous the market is for split boxes, individual units, or scalpers wanting an easy payday by selling the box as-is. I think I'm going to bubble myself away from all that until I get some new plastic coming through the post in two weeks time :biggrin:

To be fair, box splitting for reasonable prices is very useful.

1 minute ago, ZeroWolf said:

I'm very much secure at my local GW, getting those lovely battleshock tokens. It was a nice subdued atmosphere when i got there, about 6 guys but there was more when I left. Do wonder how the flgs are doing.

I was told at my local GW that the token sets were for only those buying a set on launch day from their allocation, not pre-ordering through their terminals as those are counted as webstore pre-orders and get the mats instead. The message is getting somewhat unclear.

16 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Seen a marine half for £85.

Its started.

Marine Half - Lowest £90.

Just lol at the picture.

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 12-01-06 Warhammer 40k Leviathan Box CONFIRMED ORDER ✅ FREE UK SHIPPING✅ eBay.png

Edited by Brother Captain Arkley

3 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I'm very much secure at my local GW, getting those lovely battleshock tokens. It was a nice subdued atmosphere when i got there, about 6 guys but there was more when I left. Do wonder how the flgs are doing.

I liked that set but couldn't go into town as I was waiting in for my car to get fixed. Read on the Element fb page that they are doing their own battleshock dice and stickers so that was a bonus!

Got my Element email confirmation too. While I was there, topped up my Hearthkyn and Legionary Kill Team stock too.

5 minutes ago, Eptesicus said:

To be fair, box splitting for reasonable prices is very useful.

I've seen Dreadnoughts for going for £25 and the flamer guys going for £18, Gaunts for £17 but I can see them being stuck with lots of characters or unpopular units. so they might make for some cheap conversion fodder. I think this will be an excellent opportunity to make a reasonably cheap Tyranid force at this point and expect the prices to remain low till we see all the boxed sets out of stock atleast as they compete to sell driving down prices.

I have seen some listing the boxed set at £200-£400 so I'm glad everyone on here seems to be able to get the box so far.