[Rumour] The upcoming Tyranids release will be massive

Shared by @Jscarlos18 in the Tyranids Rumour thread. We might be getting a lot more, and bigger bugs that we first thought.

leaks.jpg.44fe161a563a92b81b4ce760f1ee53ef.jpg

This ties in with the rumours of a Norn Thingummy, and fills the slot for a centrepiece-sized (Silent king, monolith, gorkanaught, knight) model for the Tyranids. 

A really big release for nids would be great to see but I'm going to take it with a good helping of salt given the source. I'm expecting a decent number of kits to come with the codex like the Necron release and it makes sense to see a big bug amongst that. 

It's hard to rely on a source that uses tiny-font lime green text on a pink background. I think I broke my eyes trying to read that.

But Nid-Knights would be kinda cool. 

Edit: As for biotitans- I know I've said this before: I HATE the FW Hierophant. The Epic original was such a better looking model. That weird wavy-leaf body design of the FW thing just depresses me every time I see it. The original was way beefier and intimidating. Of course it would also require twice as much resin to make it, which is probably why they changed the shape.

The FW Hierodule, on the other hand, is pretty cool.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

Codex: Bio Titans is hard to swallow. For Knights it made sense (even when there were only a few variants) since there are so many factions that can take them. But IG don't have Codex: Baneblade or whatever. And colossal monsters seem contrary to the GSC modus operandi.

That said, I do expect a huge release for Tyranids.

30 minutes ago, Tyriks said:

Codex: Bio Titans is hard to swallow. For Knights it made sense (even when there were only a few variants) since there are so many factions that can take them. But IG don't have Codex: Baneblade or whatever.

It says "you can think of...as Codex: Biotitans on top, it was never meant to be a separate codex".

So just the addition of superheavy units to the normal nid codex. 

1 hour ago, Xenith said:

It says "you can think of...as Codex: Biotitans on top, it was never meant to be a separate codex".

So just the addition of superheavy units to the normal nid codex. 

I must have misread, thanks. I'll just blame the terrible color combination.

2 minutes ago, Jscarlos18 said:

The biggest/tallest model from the range are Tyrannofex/Tervigon and Trygon/Mawloc. Would love for us to get mini-biotitans in the tabletop the size of Knights to finally have the daikaiju theme in the faction.

Hierophant: Am I a joke to you? 

IMG_0010.jpg

Apologies for the meme-iness of the reply.

Guest Triszin

There's always a vague model $ limit per wave.

If the emissary is real it'll be a 85-130$ kit.

We ain't see another kit at that price for 1.5-2 years if there are multiple kits.

In the past the cost of things have been based around squad size, and where they fit in the force org chart; super heavies and heavy support tended to run more expensive compared to something in the Fast Attack or Troop slot.  Elites tended to be a mixed bag, more based on model size than anything.

If they're offering larger than Carnifex's, they may each cost some, but maybe it'll be something that's closer to AoS's Giant kit, where the same kit can be made into a couple of different configurations that are all technically different.

My dream is a build your own bio-titan situation, but that's probably too hard to make a kit out of.