Mystery Transfer sheet

Very interesting. This is definite not the sheet from Leviathan. It's also not a Horus Heresy sheet.

The inclusion of the Raptors is the most striking detail. They must have a role to play in an upcoming release.

Are there any Raptor character that are featured in recent novels? They could be getting a release as part of the Black Library tie-in models.

5 minutes ago, ruralguardhipcat said:

As a Salamander collector, there are some nice designs there. Different to the current Primaris and Heresy ones. Also, some of the Salamander and Raptor symbols are facing the 'opposite' direction, which makes me think they could be for Terminators. Who have the chapter icon on the other shoulder 

It would be weird for the Raptors to have a terminator release, considering they are Raven Guard Successors famed for their marksmanship.  Maybe Sternguard or something Phobos?  

I would say this was them dropping a phobos boxset with a new phobos detachment in order to sell Phobos models but the other transfers muddy the waters. 

3 minutes ago, Stupidity said:

It would be weird for the Raptors to have a terminator release, considering they are Raven Guard Successors famed for their marksmanship.  Maybe Sternguard or something Phobos?  

I would say this was them dropping a phobos boxset with a new phobos detachment in order to sell Phobos models but the other transfers muddy the waters. 

Presumably they keep a handful on hand for when they have no choice but to engage in tunnel fights and boarding actions. Including Terminator marking for the Raptors arr just a matter of completeness.

So is this the first primaris era transfer sheet with scout transfers ? ( tbf.. when googling.. I cant find any transfer sheets with scout transfers.) Honestly that and the Raptors descriptions make me say there is a really high chance this one was made with the Scout killteam in mind ( especially as kill teams often have had a tendency to go for non-main paintschemes.)

However

That would also bring them much closer to the colors of striking scorpions, wich in turn puts credence to my theory that the kill team side of the scorpion kit isnt your regular shrine striking scorpions, but can be built as such as well as a more varied kill team that is something else.

19 minutes ago, Naryn said:

Sternguard standalone kit could be a good vehicle for Raptors. The ones facing the other side could be for nonstandard pad arrangements like MK 6 style studded pads, which would fit for veterans.

I doubt for a 40k kit they are not going with ultramarines.

Its on the other hand not the first time this happened in regards to kill team.. eldar got the corsairs symbols added to the transfersheet before they got actually revealed.

So if they also came in a box of Eliminators, as described above, are they adding an updated sheet with all 10e 40K boxes then?

I'm thinking those Raptor symbols could definitely be repurposed into a White Consuls chapter badge... hmmm

Nice to see Apothecary transfers on there too

8 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

++edit++ so even more of a nufty, claiming it’s something it’s not, good ol’ eBay …

M

In fairness they only claim it's "pre realise" not a pre-release thing. 

I like the Raptors ones. Nice to see something outside of the obvious standard chapters. Been working out what do with the Leviathan marines that aren't going to my Templars army. Might do something with that iconography.