Mystery Transfer sheet

I think this are for a new release, packed into some boxes by mistake.

My bet is new scouts for kill team v scorpions, and jungle themed boards. Green v green in the green. I don't think kill team releases have really worried about strong colour contrast between teams in box-sets, have they? More that they look part of their environment.

Overthinking ahead! :D

Interesting stuff – I think the most likely explanations are that this will accompany an upcoming Kill Team release or is simply a new Space Marine transfer sheet for 10th in general, and will appear in all Space Marine boxed sets.

As noted, the presence of the Raptors is the really unusual thing. While they'd fit nicely in the rumoured Kill Team with a new Scout kit, I'd note that (assuming the rumours are true and colour schemes remain the same) we'd end up with green Scouts versus green Striking Scorpions. Not beyond the realms of possibility, but worth a note.

Having started a Salamanders army recently, their inclusion here jumped out to me. They, along with the Iron Hands and White Scars are missing from the sheet packaged with Leviathan. This was labelled 'Space Marine Transfer sheet'; which made me wonder if the naming or format of the transfers packaged with the Kill Team boxes might help get to the bottom of the mystery.

Here's Nachmund:

image.png.e5b1ccb4197010951fedd64ad7842983.png

[Pic from Sprues and Brews]

Octarius:

image.png.2de4a05893d76a6fb4ced0ccf2b4c311.png

Moroch:

image.png.50cdbf043a5bfbab9a8b7d9f53c36982.png

[Pic from Brückenkopf]

Shadowvaults

image.png.d2b2837a1e9392e9bad6e74bde1e95be.png

[Pic from Games Workshop, via Goonhammer]

Unfortunately, as you can see, the transfers in previous Kill Team boxes haven't followed a pattern beyond all being relatively large – standard infantry box size; presumably future-proofing. They vary quite a lot in format (landscape/portrait) and overall style, as well as in what they include:

• Some cover a specific subfaction: e.g. 'Death Korps of Krieg transfer sheet', 'Ultramarines – infantry transfer sheet'.
  • Others cover all subfactions: e.g.'Aeldari Craftworlds', 'Ork clans'; which cover all the subfactions.
  • While other cover selected subfactions – 'Chaos Space Marine transfer sheet', which includes only the less supported subfactions. 

Oddly, some Kill Teams – the Blooded, for example – didn't get one at all; nor did the Necrons in Shadowvault. Anyone get one in the standalone boxes?

+++

From that, I don't think we can make a decent judgement about this one, except perhaps for the fact that the Imperial factions have tended to have standalone transfer sheets (Cadian, Krieg, Ultramarines) rather than general (Space Marines; Astra Militarum).

If this new box were to follow that pattern, I would have expected the sheet to be purely one Chapter, rather than have lots. For that reason, I'm leaning more towards this being a new generic transfer sheet for Space Marines. This would explain why it includes the (broadly) Codex Chapters – Ultramarines, Imperial Fists and Salamanders – and misses out  the divergent Space Wolves, Dark Angels and Blood Angels.

However, that doesn't explain why the Raptors, of all Chapters, appear (cool as they are); nor why the other less-supported First Founding Chapters of Iron Hands and White Scars aren't included. 

As many have already said, I reckon this is from the next Kill Team box. My prediction is that the next KT season will be set on an Eldar Maiden World, with new Striking Scorpions and Raptors Scouts as the initial protagonists, and ruins & alien vegetation as the terrain (rather than buildings or fortifications).  Future boxes will include new Catachans, Eldar Exodites and hopefully a new Xenos species like the Hrud :smile:.

23 minutes ago, Spaced Hulk said:

As many have already said, I reckon this is from the next Kill Team box. My prediction is that the next KT season will be set on an Eldar Maiden World, with new Striking Scorpions and Raptors Scouts as the initial protagonists, and ruins & alien vegetation as the terrain (rather than buildings or fortifications).  Future boxes will include new Catachans, Eldar Exodites and hopefully a new Xenos species like the Hrud :smile:.

The Hrud have been name dropped again in recent lore fighting the nids too so that would be cool. 

44 minutes ago, apologist said:

• Some cover a specific subfaction: e.g. 'Death Korps of Krieg transfer sheet', 'Ultramarines – infantry transfer sheet'.
  • Others cover all subfactions: e.g.'Aeldari Craftworlds', 'Ork clans'; which cover all the subfactions.
  • While other cover selected subfactions – 'Chaos Space Marine transfer sheet', which includes only the less supported subfactions. 

I think I'd include the CSM transfers in the "all subfactions" category, as it covers the five non-Cult Legions. (Though I always thought that it was very strange that they put Thousand Sons on there instead of Red Corsairs (or what you will), and didn't give TS their own sheet.)

@apologist

The comparison with the Nachmund eldar one isnt so much about the factions present.. its about the Corsair unit symbol (and banner) transfers that are on there, and it too popped up in eldar boxes before reveal/release.

And this one has scout transfers, wich I dont see on any other spacemarine transfer sheets. That part imho is a significant sign (combined with the rumors though) that this one is for the kill team box mainly.

Ofcourse it could be that GW decided after all those years.. right now is a good time to make scout transfers for that ancient and deeply loved kit. But that somehow feel less likely to me.

btw.. if its Scorpions vs Scouts I do hope its called Killteam : Sting Operation :cool:

Edited by TheMawr
lost words

1 hour ago, LSM said:

I think I'd include the CSM transfers in the "all subfactions" category, as it covers the five non-Cult Legions. (Though I always thought that it was very strange that they put Thousand Sons on there instead of Red Corsairs (or what you will), and didn't give TS their own sheet.)

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

@apologist

The comparison with the Nachmund eldar one isnt so much about the factions present.. its about the Corsair unit symbol (and banner) transfers that are on there, and it too popped up in eldar boxes before reveal/release.:cool:

That's kinda what I mean; the Chaos Space Marine one doesn't include all the subfactions in the same way that (say) the ork one contains all the clans – but that's probably simply down to there being more (and better developed, in rules terms) CSM subfactions than their Ork or Eldar equivalents than anything more.

Basically I didn't want to draw too many conclusions, because my analysis above is really comparing apples and oranges. We don't know what, if any, grand scheme GW has for transfers – and in any case, the popularity of Space Marines completely warps any pattern we might see.

If they can't fit all the CSM subfactions on a single sheet, and even that's not based on (say) having a standalone Codex, there's not much we can infer from this mystery sheet.

And this one has scout transfers, wich I dont see on any other spacemarine transfer sheets. That part imho is a significant sign (combined with the rumors though) that this one is for the kill team box mainly.

Ofcourse it could be that GW decided after all those years.. right now is a good time to make scout transfers for that ancient and deeply loved kit. But that somehow feel less likely to me.

If I were to draw just one conclusion from this, it's that we can expect a plastic Scout kit at some point in the near future. Whether that tallies up with the KT rumour (which, to be clear, I am hoping is Scouts vs Scorpions in a jungle, because that's pretty much an auto-buy for me), is less clear.

btw.. if its Scorpions vs Scouts I do hope its called Killteam : Sting Operation

:D

Idle thought: if the new Leviathan transfer sheet ends up packaged into other things, and we consider it the 'A' Space Marines transfers, and this thread's new sheet the 'B' sheet, then we have:

• 'A' Sheet: Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Imperial Fists, Raven Guard
  • 'B' Sheet: Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Salamanders, Raptors

I was already thinking that GW missed a trick by not including Salamanders transfers with the Infernus Squad in Leviathan, but now I'm thinking they could have done:

• 'A' Sheet: Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Imperial Fists, Salamanders
  • 'B' Sheet: Ultramarines, White Scars, Raven Guard, Raptors

If they had, they would have nicely covered all most of the First Founding, while neatly dividing them between a "normal" 'A' sheet and a "sneaky/fast" 'B' sheet.

Edit: ...I forgot about Iron Hands....

Edited by LSM

Its obviously not made FOR scouts, but its an update made to include scouts (like the eldar one was an update that was made to include corsairs symbols (5 white ones under the aspect warrior group) but the majority of the transfers were not for corsairs.)

But as Apologist says, all that really says is that for some reason they now decided they want to have transfers for scouts.. the rest is still just theorising.

11 minutes ago, jimbo1701 said:

What’s the betting that the new marine codex retains assault terminators, scouts, sniper scouts, assault squad and vanguard entries, but updates all the models and changes weapon loadouts slightly? 

I bet It'll be half of em that'll get updated. Probable both scouts and Assault Terminators. Jump packs being at a later date/potential 11 edition. 

14 minutes ago, jimbo1701 said:

What’s the betting that the new marine codex retains assault terminators, scouts, sniper scouts, assault squad and vanguard entries, but updates all the models and changes weapon loadouts slightly? 

I think there's a really good chance we'll get new kits for all those units. The assault terminators might possibly be an upgrade sprue (combined with a new multi-part version of the Leviathan ones), Scouts and/or Sniper Scouts will be introduced through Kill Team, and I can definitely see there being a combined Primaris Assault and Vanguard Veteran Squad box.

CMValrak has a recent video saying new scouts vs new striking scorpions kill team set coming and this is the decal sheet from it.

The inclusion of the raptors is possibly why certain decal sellers had to pull their raptors decals from sale perhaps?

15 minutes ago, Spaced Hulk said:

...The assault terminators might possibly be an upgrade sprue (combined with a new multi-part version of the Leviathan ones)...

I think @Chapter Master Valrak has... rumour monger'd... that Assault Terminators may be coming as an upgrade sprue in Kill Team (vs new Genestealers).  

29 minutes ago, LSM said:

I think @Chapter Master Valrak has... rumour monger'd... that Assault Terminators may be coming as an upgrade sprue in Kill Team (vs new Genestealers).  

That would mean two Space Marine appearances in short succession, which I have to doubt. Further, I can't see GW making an Assault Terminator sprue exclusive to Kill Team, even for a couple of months.

Val's been speculating about such an upgrade sprue for a while, but unless something has changed recently, he's never had a source for it. Just his own guesswork... and while Val has excellent sources, when he's left to hypothesize on his own about something, he will often add two plus two and come up with "strawberry."

1 hour ago, Lord Nord said:

That would mean two Space Marine appearances in short succession, which I have to doubt. Further, I can't see GW making an Assault Terminator sprue exclusive to Kill Team, even for a couple of months.

Val's been speculating about such an upgrade sprue for a while, but unless something has changed recently, he's never had a source for it. Just his own guesswork... and while Val has excellent sources, when he's left to hypothesize on his own about something, he will often add two plus two and come up with "strawberry."

To be fair, he never said that they'd run on from each other but it would be part of what he dubbed Kill Team: Space Hulk (I'm not sure how that would go down as people might prefer a Reissue of which ever version was last out). It could easily be another Ashes of Faith situation thus no assault terminators for a while longer yet.

As always though, time will tell.

17 hours ago, Aramis K said:

I think this are for a new release, packed into some boxes by mistake.

My bet is new scouts for kill team v scorpions, and jungle themed boards. Green v green in the green. I don't think kill team releases have really worried about strong colour contrast between teams in box-sets, have they? More that they look part of their environment.

Seconded. It has scout badges for the right pouldrons.