Dawn of Fire - Sea of Souls + Roadmap

m8ATn3pIvLN6sb1u.jpg

Euj219kPXeRxC8xT.jpg

WarCom Article.

The mighty fleets of the Indomitus Crusade face terrors and dangers beyond imagining. As Guilliman’s crusade marches forth, bringing the Emperor’s light to thousands of worlds, Fleet Secundus is headed for the darkest dark: the Eye of Terror itself, where Secundus will execute a major offensive deep into the heart of the Archenemy.

Along with warriors of the Adepta Sororitas and the Adeptus Astartes, the Imperial Navy battle cruiser Judgement of the Void pushes deeper and deeper into contested space. But as their journey unfolds, the greater schemes of the Indomitus Crusade begin to descend into treachery and intrigue. And as the forces of Chaos close in, a battle for survival is about to unfold, one which has ramifications not just for Fleet Secundus, but for the future of the galaxy itself.

I haven't really been keeping up with Dawn of Fire as much as I'd liked to have been, but it's nice to see that there's a planned end point at least.

... they never said the intent was to rival the Horus Heresy series, did they? At least to my recollection.

That'd also fly in the face of Nick Kyme turning around a few years ago and saying they'd never produce another series like the Horus Heresy books, as they'd been too disruptive to the wider Black Library publication schedule.

4 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

So much for it rivaling horus heresy books, they're missing like 69 books , 90% of it needless, pointless, worthless filler and inane decisions for that to be the case, and I refuse to believe they might have actually learned their lesson, because that never happens.

Well someone got up in a good mood this morning. 

I know I'm an outlier, but Wright doesn't really excite me. I've enjoyed all of his books I've read, and he is a good author, but I just dont get as hype for his releases.

Which chapter is that marine from? Raven Guard? That'd be a nice change of pace from Black Templars in every other novel. The Navy Breachers on the bottom look snazzy btw

21 minutes ago, Joe said:

.. they never said the intent was to rival the Horus Heresy series, did they? At least to my recollection.

Screenshot2023-09-06at15-49-45DawnofFireRevealed!-WarhammerCommunity.thumb.png.e05d77346ec38b5d5e0731b7b2812d68.png

They did indeed reference the horus heresy books quite a bit in the initial announcement and the guy haley interview. Now of course I made my comment mainly to be disparaging and interpreted their initial statements in an unkind light mainly to keep in line with the standard of internet discussion, you understand.

24 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Well someone got up in a good mood this morning. 

It was okay, but "this morning" was yesterday at 5pm CET so I spent most of the time since then having one of those days where I milk a couple of bad minutes for the rest of the day. Though it has been improving since my joytoy guilliman arrived in the mean time, so I'll try to milk that high until it's bedtime.

8 minutes ago, sitnam said:

I know I'm an outlier, but Wright doesn't really excite me. I've enjoyed all of his books I've read, and he is a good author, but I just dont get as hype for his releases.

Which chapter is that marine from? Raven Guard? That'd be a nice change of pace from Black Templars in every other novel. The Navy Breachers on the bottom look snazzy btw

Every book Wright writes is not a Gav Thorpe book, and therefore a cause for celebration, especially after he depicted the Space Wolves in Wolftime extremely irksome and and downright childish.

My guess regarding the marine would be some succesor chapter, as raven guard only have one shoulder in company colours, and blue would make this one 9th  company.

I didn't expect Wraight to add a book to this series. Looking forward to this, but I wish

the excellent Death Guard characters Collins introduced in the previous installment hadn't immediately died, because Wraight could have done fantastic things with them.

9 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Every book Wright writes is not a Gav Thorpe book, and therefore a cause for celebration, especially after he depicted the Space Wolves in Wolftime extremely irksome and and downright childish.

I’ve disliked Space Wolves since Prospero Burns, so I just avoid their books anyways. If it wasn’t for Dawn of Fire, I would of skipped right past Wolftime without second thought. 

I feel pretty duped reading Wolftime anyways, since Iron Kingdom has killed my will to really continue this series. Perhaps if the reception to this novel is good I’ll trudge along

Ugh, its a Wraight book so I want to read it.

But its a Dawn of Fire book, so its likely going to make me froth at the mouth... damn that's cruel.

Only really enjoyed the first two books in the series, the rest made me want to gauge out my eyes. I do trust Wraight though and pray no SWs or Custodians in the last three books, they have been humiliated enough by this series.

43 minutes ago, EnsignJoker said:

God those covers are awful. 

I think they are going for a Star Wars movie poster look. Just comes off as bland corporate Current Product (buy the limited edition! It’s exactly the same but costs more). Which I suppose would be apropos given Star Wars post Disney acquisition.

1 minute ago, Captain Idaho said:

Hmm... that dude in the OP really does look like Eddie Murphy inspired the illustrator. Which is cool and all as I grew up with him and love his stuff, but perhaps we could have someone less tired to comedy?

Oh wait... yeah nostalgia bait. I get it.

Time for a 40k series about a spacewise Inquisitor being pulled out from fighting unfathomable terrors in the Outer Dark to help some lovable doofus Arbites on a seemingly prosperous Segmentum Solar core world. But all is not as it seems...

Hilarity ensues.

7 minutes ago, Rain said:

Time for a 40k series about a spacewise Inquisitor being pulled out from fighting unfathomable terrors in the Outer Dark to help some lovable doofus Arbites on a seemingly prosperous Segmentum Solar core world. But all is not as it seems...

This could be the plot of The Golden Child, it even had a Star Child, a daemon priest, cultists, an Athame...in the Hymalazia.

4 hours ago, sitnam said:

It does look kinda Raven Guardish, but Raven Guard don't typically have blue guns. In fact, I'm struggling to think of any chapter with black armour and blue guns to be honest.

31 minutes ago, irlLordy said:

It does look kinda Raven Guardish, but Raven Guard don't typically have blue guns. In fact, I'm struggling to think of any chapter with black armour and blue guns to be honest.

Could maybe be a very dark green armour too, not that this suggests any other specifically to me.

The only ones I can see with dark armour and blue trim, though it's not a perfect fit, are the Astral Hawks.

As someone who has a Sisters army and enough AoI to make an army I'm very interested in this book.  Seems to have a few bits that don't get covered often, plus I'm a sucker for big space ships.  I've not however read any of the rest of the series.  Obviously no one can say for sure but typically are the books in the series very interwoven or more standalone with a few references to one another?  This sounds like it will be a great read but I'm not reading the rest of the series just for it.

The cover arts of the series are truly awful. Not a major factor but one that has played into my ambivalence towards the series so far.