New Chaos Lord & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack (also battleforce sets)

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Interesting. And which new battle honours, relics and agendas are there? I supose there'd be a new damned table, right?

For battle traits, there are 4 tables:

Warpsmith and Lord discordant 

Infantry 

Damned

Vehicle

There are 3 agendas and 3 glory agendas (which you can choose if your warbad is favoured in the relevant glory category)

3 artificer, 4 antiquity and 1 legendary relics

Also 4 deamon weapon options

I used to be very puritan about the army rules (i.e., detachment) fitting the army lore. After some deliberating, I concluded that some legion's lore is encompassing enough that they could use various detachments and still sticking very close to the theme. If you are interested, here is my argument for the Iron Warriors, let me know you something similar for your legion of choice.

3 hours ago, Borbarad said:

I used to be very puritan about the army rules (i.e., detachment) fitting the army lore. After some deliberating, I concluded that some legion's lore is encompassing enough that they could use various detachments and still sticking very close to the theme. If you are interested, here is my argument for the Iron Warriors, let me know you something similar for your legion of choice.

It's definitely the game's intent, both within the Chaos Space Marines and regular Space Marines... and Tyranids, and Necrons, and everything else.  All of the factions had some bespoke subfactions previously, and now those can exist in the lore (Where they show up on the field as how you model your army and paint it and what your army comp looks like) while also giving some benefit to those who want to play a certain way, even if it isn't the normal way of playing that subfaction.

Like, why make it hard on me if I want to play a Night Lords warband who has a lot of cultists because they act a lot like their lord did; they've got a grip of planets under their control and they're basically the super grim dark batman of those worlds, so they have a devoted following.  Previously that was playable, but required some "I'm this faction but painted the wrong color wink wink nudge nudge".  Now it's just "hey I'm some weirdo Night Lords and that's super cool and works without any sort of weirdness."

I think that's preferable and one of the good parts of 10th.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the munitorium field manual is updated with the new points, but the formatting might need some work (Forgefiend is marked as a points rise, but is down to 190 from the 200 it was previously).

1 minute ago, Kaiju Soze said:

Looks like the munitorium field manual is updated with the new points, but the formatting might need some work (Forgefiend is marked as a points rise, but is down to 190 from the 200 it was previously).

Like all releases, the MFM following a codex release is the points change from the codex, not the last MFM.