GT UK

Captain Idaho

Any chance of you guys doing me a favour and checking out the Chaos army list page for my thread on making a Chaos army out of what i have? I don't know how to put a link on here sorry but it's highlighted with a chaos star.

Not the best person to ask with regards to building a list from scratch as I'm not a dedicated Chaos player. However, if you get a working list up and refine it from there I can give you advice on what tactical elements you need and what other units to include in the army to cover these points.

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would chip in at this point and say that I will be going to this year's 40k heat 1. I will be taking my renegade space marines, (CSM 'Dex) and would really enjoy being part of a team as this is my first GT and going solo may not be as fun although if I have to I guess I will sign up as "Team Me"

Ryan, so that you are aware, I'm the guy you whacked last night with your AC of craziness. Thanks for the game. The more I think about it the more amazed I am that despite the (literal) pounding that my army took, it was a draw right down to that last blast marker which gave you the win. It was really interesting to see how well units survived the bombardment too. I think I will have to have more confidence in my troops next time around and trust in their ability to make it through the firepower and give your tanks a walloping.

I'm essentially new to this forum being a bit of an LO man really, but I will be posting my army WIP in the painting section so if anyone wants to check out the stuff I am working on you can watch that space.

I can't believe it is only a little more than a month away. I have so much to do!

If you want I can review any lists you're considering, or at least give some feedback?

Just add me to msn (levett01@hotmail.com) and we can talk, as unfortunately i'm taking Eldar, thus cant really discuss anything on here ^_^

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would chip in at this point and say that I will be going to this year's 40k heat 1. I will be taking my renegade space marines, (CSM 'Dex) and would really enjoy being part of a team as this is my first GT and going solo may not be as fun although if I have to I guess I will sign up as "Team Me"

Ryan, so that you are aware, I'm the guy you whacked last night with your AC of craziness. Thanks for the game. The more I think about it the more amazed I am that despite the (literal) pounding that my army took, it was a draw right down to that last blast marker which gave you the win. It was really interesting to see how well units survived the bombardment too. I think I will have to have more confidence in my troops next time around and trust in their ability to make it through the firepower and give your tanks a walloping.

I'm essentially new to this forum being a bit of an LO man really, but I will be posting my army WIP in the painting section so if anyone wants to check out the stuff I am working on you can watch that space.

I can't believe it is only a little more than a month away. I have so much to do!

Welcome to team Legion Bolter and Chainsword! Definitely better than "team me".

I remember last years GT, I was up until 4 in the morning finishing it off (whilst drinking large quanities of alchohol!) and was up at 7! If I were you, I would be careful about both of those things since this is your first GT, as it really effected my performance (3 bloody draws and a loss when I should have won each of them!)

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to team Legion Bolter and Chainsword! Definitely better than "team me".

I remember last years GT, I was up until 4 in the morning finishing it off (whilst drinking large quanities of alchohol!) and was up at 7! If I were you, I would be careful about both of those things since this is your first GT, as it really effected my performance (3 bloody draws and a loss when I should have won each of them!)

But that what everone ment to be doing :lol: painted there army until 7/8am in the morning. I just rememeber story (before attending the GT) from my friends just filling the sink with inks & dunking all models in then add detail. Anyone who finish early & got sleep ment they have some rude stuff painted on there face for the Day 1 of the event. Or in my case in 2006 was prank phone call/knocking my hotel door & run away from my friends because I would not help them that 3am in the morning to paint there armies ^_^

For myself I alway like to paint a model the day or two before a event, just never feel right having a fully pianted army in advance IMO.

Anyone sent there slip off yet?? I'll need to fill it in tomorrow prefferible & just get it out the way right now.

IP

Anyone sent there slip off yet?? I'll need to fill it in tomorrow prefferible & just get it out the way right now

Yeah I am going to get my girlfriend to buy some envelopes while she is in town and send it by Monday at the latest, as I have a horrible feeling I will forget to send it off and then wouldn't be able to attend!

:lol: Ha, I know it is GT tradition, but last year it really affected my game, so I am determined not to do it. What a world, an Ultramarine not wanted to stickt to tradition!

I know that not everyone is coming as our team as some are already commited to other teams, but here is a list of who is going to heat 1 off our forum. How many is it now, let me see:

Ryan - Black Wolves

Captain Idaho - Ultramarines

Insane Psychopath - Iron Warriors

squigsnok - Xenos scum

Lemariont - Deathwing

lieutenant L - maybe?

battle captain corpus - maybe?

Anyone else I have missed? At present it looks like we will have about 3 going as our team for heat 1. Please confirm anyone else if you can be a member of the team.

:nuke: Ha, I know it is GT tradition, but last year it really affected my game, so I am determined not to do it. What a world, an Ultramarine not wanted to stickt to tradition!

I dread to think what heinous crime an Ultramarine must commit to be banished to the Eye of Terror. Did you turn left instead of right on the parade ground? Forget to say your prayers in the morning? :( :D

Team I'm part of Team X-Legion.

On Heat 1, lieutenant L not attending.

Also another note one month & a few days to go until the day itself.

IP

That me confirm for the GT heat 1. Also on another note e-mail said GT FAQ will be out two weesk before the events.

On game front doing alright. Though new Marines will not be use for GT heat 1, give them a game last night & nothing make you more happy than to kill Captain Sicarius in the first round of combat with a might Daemon Prince :P

IP

Although awesomely cool, the new Codex seems pretty balanced to me! Sicarius is hard, but at the end of the day he cannot take on anything more than you would normally expect from a T4 character!

Got my confirmation email today too. I can't wait; now I want to qualify for the final more than ever so I get to use the new Codex book for that. Using the old Codex for this GT will be abit of a chore!

I'm still waiting to put the new book to the test. Some things do not look very good whilst others just had me scratching my head for why they did it.

In fairness Sicarius although he's not incredibly killy can do a lot more damage than your average T 4 character. Not many marines can kill a wraithlord in one blow before it strikes. He's a very good character assassin. Carnifex's will be sure to stay within synapse range against him.

I'm still looking forward to heat 2 but might have prefered heat 1 just to avoid the new dex. My Dark angels have not enjoyed listening to all the rumours.

Whoopp sorry I should have put in my Marine comment - My friend a big Ultramarine player & so Captain Sicarius is his new model... it be rude not to kill him first :) Also his dice rolling was shocking though out the whole game. Like when my other friend had his new Ork bikes, my turn 2 saw them run away from tank shook only to keep fleeing (unit with in 6inch, Termies Deep strike near by).

Darkangeldentist: How the mix Dark Angels force doing in game for yourself? Be good to see a report & Kenny (warseer) should have his report on his own Raven Wing up as well.

IP

Ye I was starting to put togeather my List for the Finals (IF I get though)

Master Predo Cantor

Squad of 5 Sternguard In Drop Pod

Squad of 6 Sternguard In Drop Pod

Squad of 10 Marines with Flamer, Heavy Bolter & Drop Pod

Squad of 10 Marines with Flamer, Heavy Bolter & Drop Pod

Squad of 6 Vanguard with Jump Packs & all with Power Weapons

Squad of 5 Dev's with 4 Missile Launchers & a Razorback with T/L Assault Cannon

Then again this list is gona be part of my Army for the TF Great Crusade campaign weekend next year

Darkangeldentist: How the mix Dark Angels force doing in game for yourself? Be good to see a report & Kenny (warseer) should have his report on his own Raven Wing up as well.

IP

The mixed wing is doing ok. Had a tough time in it's last few games against daemons (draws but no loss) but beats up sisters very comfortably. My real problem is that I've only been able to fight the same few armies recently. I've only managed one or two games against Orks, Marines, Eldar and Tyranids. No games against Tau or Chaos marines. This has got me a little worried. Particularly chaos marines.

I rather like the sound of that list Ryan. Really wouldn't want to be near those vanguard vets if Cantor's also within spitting distance. (That special rule of his is horrifying.) Those elite units look a bit fragile though.

How everone getting on for the GT. Only two weeks until Heat 1 on Sat.

For myself.

Went to the 40k radio tournament to get some real practise, went alright, report can be seen here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=146667&hl=

Did a few thing there that I would not normal do that a GT, did them for a laught more than anything. But overall happy with how my force works & done alright. Thing Tau cause me some problems. Other wise just wait & see on the day.

Army, paint strip my Oblits with some new conversion idea in my mind, also makeing them a little bit more WYSIWYG (eg: I use to have plastic Heavy Bolters, etc... now plasma cannons, etc...).

Also thinking replacing two troopers wait & see how I feel.

Still to wait & find out if I will be there on Fri afternoon. I pray to the chaos gods that I do as be good to meet with a few people & get a few games. Just my friend that driven us down waiting to find out from work what happing with the Fri.

IP

Well travel seem all good for me on the Fri, going to be orignaly plans of leaving Scotland by 9am be in Nottingham around 2pm-ish??? so be up for a few games.

Also since 40k Radio world wide war a few my models have seen damnge from damn touriest & young kids :) So been busy trying to replace them, new conversion, etc... just got three of my trooper fully painted there, now working on object marker.

IP

I just checked the Tournament page...again. And there is still no sign of the House Rules. Is it unusual for these to not be available a week before the GT? The email I was sent confirming receipt of my slip said that they would be available two weeks before.

I really want to know how the lash is going to work this year. I am pretty keen to see how some of the tricksy bits of 5th are going to be working too. Like wound allocation for instance.

Archived