Melta bombs and Monoliths

Apothecary Daxam

Codex says; "Living Metal:" In practice, any weapon attacking the monolith will roll for armour penetration using its unaugmented strength and a single D6 no matter what."

Just to quote from Steelmage99.

I fail to see what is so hard about "no matter what" that requires 7 pages of debate. Sure, be pedantic about how things such as grenades are/aren't described, but the rule actually says "using its unaugmented strength and a single D6 no matter what.".

If you decide it has no strength, then 0+d6. No more dice than d6 "no matter what". It is not a loophole letting you out of the rule.

Oh, the words "In practice" do NOT mean you can just ignore this part of the rule conveniently, as someone posted above...

RoV

This thread has been well behaved - and for that I thank you all, brothers. But it is honestly due for a closing - the points have all been made and I would hate to see a wreck on lap 4 when the race was decided much earlier...

the majority seem to side with deciphering the S+D6 convetion from the grenade AP value and adjusting it such that only 1 die is rolled, ever. even on Melta Bombs.

for those that disagree - do as GW says and houserule it.

Topic Closed. If you have a good reason to reoppen it, PM me or another Mod and we will consider it.

Archived