UKGT 2010/11 session, heat dates with in

Iron-Daemon Forge

• 1 month later...

Hopeful the site ok with a team Bolter & Chainsword fourm up for the GT :D

Anyone on the fourm welcome to join us (me, Captain Idaho, Armourwing + few friends of ours are already part of the team). Rememeber Bolter & Chainswords dose sell t-shirts & other gear.

Space Wolves fought there first tournament two & a half weeks ago, dice went against me. But that least I walk away with the player chose/painted army award & a really fun event :D Though since then my Plasma Cannon Dreadnought has a fear of Trygons.........really is not funny :lol: The tournament, Plasma cannon scatter back onto his face, follow to assault & failed despit need 3+ to hit, only thing that cause a wond on a Trygon is the S3 blast from being destroyed.

Two week ago, Trygon, Plasma scatter back onto my Long Fangs, Dreadnought fails once more to hit in combat. Lucky he loss a arm (Plasma Cannon) & it was only because of a Grey Hunter squad that save him.

Tonight game vs Nids, Trygon deep strike, Plasma cannon was a inch away from take on my Lascannon Dreadnought. Go into assault, Plasma Dread get destroyed, is the S3 blast that take the trygon to one wound (he had 2). Then Trygon make ever save/cover save know to many from any metal gun, Lascannon.

Not sure why I bother ;) Anything else, my Plasma Cannon Dreadnought has walk through with out a scratch, it just those Trygons!!!! Three times :lol:

But so far happy with the Space Wolves, getting a lot of Vpts in ever game so far. Only one game I had low Vpts.

So bring on the UK Throne of Skulls in Nov, just hope I do not run into any trygons :lol:

IP

• 3 weeks later...
Can we have a quick confirmation of who is going from this esteemed community, plus whether they have stated their Team name being "Bolter and Chainsword" please?

I don't want to be the only guy there, as that would be a sorry looking team!

Armourwing + friends

Me +friends

You

So far for Team Bolter & Chainswords.

Can we have a quick confirmation of who is going from this esteemed community, plus whether they have stated their Team name being "Bolter and Chainsword" please?

I don't want to be the only guy there, as that would be a sorry looking team!

Armourwing + friends

Me +friends

You

So far for Team Bolter & Chainswords.

Haven't filled my form in yet! But will put down B&C team. I think Gonefishing is reluctant to join our cause as a Tau player but, as stated, the Sisters of the Armoured Wing will be on the team as well- so that's the 4+ members we need?

Just a note that there another Throne of Skulls in Jan 22nd & 23rd Jan. From what I was told during Games Day is, Throne of Skulls will run ever three months.

So see how thing one gose :D

Space Wolves are about to have there second tournament that my local gaming club. See how they do, then month after Throne of Skulls!!!

IP

• 3 weeks later...

How everone getting on, with the Throne of Skulls almost drawing near??

My Space Wolves have just enter there second tournament - Rapid Fire by Stirling wargaming club, saw me on table five from round one to three all day :D Loss my last game & resulted in me going to 19th overall, if I had won I'd been 4th overall. But most of all I walk away 2nd place for best painted army.

But look forward to getting back to 1500pts games (two tournament I been to have been 1750pts) as it feel like agies.

As to the Throne of Skulls, just got two new Space Wolves to make, just waiting on some bits to arrive, then my army should be cool.

Plan looking to be leave on Fri around 9am, get in Warhammer World 2pm depend the road. If anyone looking for a game on the Fri, be more than happy to take on the challenge.

IP

Got 2 drop pods left to paint, and some basing to do then my Raven Guard are finished.

Unless I decide to drastically change them the week before....

Out of interest has anyone else got a ticket for the January TOS? Or is it just me?

Out of interest has anyone else got a ticket for the January TOS? Or is it just me?

Sadly not as it not usely the best time of year weather wise up here. If this year was anything to go by. Pretty much snow & being stuck in the house for a month was not the best experince I ever had from Dec to Jan.

See how this one gose & I'll be looking to one possible around May to Oct time.

IP

• 2 weeks later...

Less than two weeks, how everone getting on??

Still got

Wolf Guard

Grey Hunter

Grey Hunter w/Melta

Speeder Crew.

Also a bit annoyed, just someone pick up one of my models, it drop. So having to replace him, Grey Hunter arm with Power Weapon, just not happy when people pick up my models with out permission & this is why.

But hopeful I can get a few bits & have a look around my bits box. Other than that I will be in Warhammer World around 2pm on the 19th Fri, should be given my friend a game, but should be up for another after words.

IP

One week until the Nov Throne of Skulls

How everone getting on??

Got the new models painted. Just that one Grey hunter got broke few week back to build, mail order should arrive tomorrow. Also due to haveing some time, I am going to add some details to my Wolves, just some new honour markings, etc...

Should be down in Nottingham/Warhammer World for 2pm & getting a game vs my friend & his Blood Angels army that I've painted.

IP

Still finishing off my Sons of Medusa, but getting there. Shouldn't have a problem finishing in time.

So there are other people going down from Glasgow then! I was wondering who else might be going. I'm going down with the team "Glasgow Deathwatch" with Eddie and Sean.

Iain Cameron (sp?) with his Blood Angels that I've painted up for him, he gose into GW Glasgow from time to time. Me & my friend Iain from GW Falkirk met up with Iain C just out side of Glasgow as it easy for him travel wise & beat all the traffic.

Sean has Salamnder?? If so then I'd fought him in Rapid Fire on round 1 with the Space Wolves, then he fought my friend Ian round 2 & Iain Skinner Round 3. He was saying there a guy from GW Edinbrugh going down as well (forgetten his name) if I rememeber rightly?

Then there my friend Graham from my gaming club. Also a fair few from the ELG gaming club in Edinbrugh who are going down by plain.

IP

My army was finished over a year ago for the GT cos i'm taking the same one again 3 mobs of Trukk Boyz, 1 Full Mob of Lootaz, 1 Mob of 12 Burnaz, 1 Mob of 12 Tankbustaz, 2 Warbosses & 2 Battlewagons.

I've alos registerred myself as being part of Team Bolter & Chainsword

Michael Ryan.......Orkz

Iain Cameron (sp?) with his Blood Angels that I've painted up for him, he gose into GW Glasgow from time to time. Me & my friend Iain from GW Falkirk met up with Iain C just out side of Glasgow as it easy for him travel wise & beat all the traffic.

Sean has Salamnder?? If so then I'd fought him in Rapid Fire on round 1 with the Space Wolves, then he fought my friend Ian round 2 & Iain Skinner Round 3. He was saying there a guy from GW Edinbrugh going down as well (forgetten his name) if I rememeber rightly?

Then there my friend Graham from my gaming club. Also a fair few from the ELG gaming club in Edinbrugh who are going down by plain.

IP

I know the name Ian Cameron, and I'm fairly sure who he is.

Yes Sean has Salamanders, and is probably the guy you are talking about. The guy from GW Edinburgh who was going to go down with us, but can't anymore, was Eoghainn. He used to work with me and Eddie in GW Glasgow, so if you go there at all you should know who the three of us are at least, though Eoghainn isn't going anymore.

The guy from GW Edinburgh who was going to go down with us, but can't anymore, was Eoghainn

Aye I now know the person, pop up to Edinbrugh from time to time have use to work there a few year back. Shame he not able to go.

I know the name Ian Cameron, and I'm fairly sure who he is.

Everone know Iain C :HQ:

Yes Sean has Salamanders, and is probably the guy you are talking about.

Sean Morris

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/RF10/DSC07876.jpg

I've heard of Eddie & possible talk to him through out Conflict Scotland 2008. Heard to keep a eye out on his Blood Angels force for the cool conversion :HQ: For me, me & my friend Iain (not Iain C) go to GW Falkirk & Stirling wargaming club.

IP

Yeah that's Sean. And yeah that's Eddie, to be honest if you have ever been in to GW Glasgow you will probably know Eddie. Eddie is famous for his armies. I'm afraid to say if you were going for best painted army award next weekend you have a very tough time ahead of you!

I'm Richard. If you requented Glasgow then I worked there for 2 1/2 years until May this year.

Just varnish my new models, just need to make sure I not miss anything out on my whole army. Then after that it all gaming.

Got a game vs Chaos on the Wed, then I am battle a 2000pts game useing my 1500pts GT list + 500pts of what ever Wolves stuff I got. Then Fri battle my friend Iain & his Blood Angels, hopeful we stay a bit longer in Warhammer World & if so, hopeful if armourwing still up for a game.

Really happy with how my Space Wolves army turn out, finial got them to a stage I am happy with in painting & modeling.

As said if people are looking for my army

- Legion of the Damned Object Marker

- Plasticard Extra Armour on the tanks & icons

- Dark Grey Power Armour, Red Wolf head icon on the shoulder pad, Black Helmets as well. Blue Viking runes on them as well

- 2 Dreadnought converted from the normal & Venrable dreads as it just look cooler, also to just show there normal dreadnought/tone to Venrable stuff on them.

- Predator turrets as weapon for my Razorback, just look cooler to be honsty & more tank like if that make sence? Everone been cool with them as they know I like to convert, only had one person moan about them back last year when I was orignaly testing my army out & come up with conversion idea, but same time the guy was not battle against me, just watch the game :huh:

Also happy with how the army playing, just won vs Chaos Marines on Sat. Was lucky as game ended on turn 5 with my Speeder contest the oppent object. Fun game & good practise for me & my friend for the ToS this weekend.

IP

I'm not playing but I'm planning on appearing on Saturday for a look at the event to see what it is like. I was planning on a GW heat but with the change in format I thought otherwise. As WW is only 60 odd miles away I think I'll have a look and see if I like how the event runs.

Little change in plan, going to be in GW around 3ish on Fri.

On another note, would anyone be intrested in attending SPring Throne of Skulls. 16th & 17th April.

Seen how it gose this weekend, then if all gose well I'd like to do the April one & then one around Oct time since we allow to enter more than one.

I think my tournaments for the year is

ToS this weekend.

40k Doubles in Feb - might be a one off, unsure yet as my friend want to see Nottingham & try it since he had to plan his holidays from work for next year.

ToS April time

ELG Counter Attack

Stirling Wargaming Rapid Fire

ToS around Oct if they do one.

IP

Archived