Land raider popping smoke?

Meatman

But there is a difference between firing 0 guns, and not being allowed to fire, full stop. Smoke says you may not fire. Not that you may fire a certain number of your guns. Vehicle movement can restrict the number of guns you can fire, so PotMS would affect that, but smoke doesnt allow you to fire period.

I noticed that the rules for the Forge World Achilles Land Raider has changed the wording for PoTMS

"Power of the Machine Spirit: A Land Raider can fire one more weapon

than would normally be permitted based upon its Movement speed;

This weapon may be fired at a separate target if desired. A Land

Raider may also fire a single weapon even if it has suffered a Crew

Shaken or Crew Stunned result that turn."

Seems to point that one cannot fire after smoke.

Yes, it does seem that GW is moving in the direction of Smoke = no firing (even against PoTMS), even though they aren't FAQing it. I still see it less as an arithmetic problem (x+1 where x=0 due to smoke then x+1=1) and more of a binary logic problem (smoke=may not fire any weapons), (PoTMS = 1 weapon fired), did you fire any weapons(0+1=1)? True=you are in violation of Smoke rules, may the Inquisition have mercy on your soul. But, again, it's all chasing your own tail arguing what GW refuses to clarify. I can see both sides of the argument and both sides have some very good reasoning on their sides.

Oh no, what have you all done? Not this again!

Both arguements have merits, and as we cannot seem to reach a solution, a dice off with your opponent before the game will be the best solution. Please can this be put in grey areas and leave it as that? It got painful to read ages ago.

Archived