Grey Knight Power Armor Thunder Hammer Conversions

Adir

So with thunder hammers becoming mandatory is almost every squad I figured I would ask what conversions and/or options are you planning to use for hammers?

To kick things off here is a VERY simple one I put together last night:

gallery_26137_3833_2054.jpg

For more detail on the actual conversion check my blog (shameless plug): http://23lines.blogspot.com/2011/03/commut...der-hammer.html

Feel free to post ideas/images for your GK hammers.

To be honest I'd just raid GW for these.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1850137_99060101398_BitzThunderHammerConversionMain_445x319.jpg

EDIT: Thinking about it, are all Grey Knights wearing their storm bolter on the left? In which case these wouldn't be suitable.

I did a few thunder hammer conversions with my Grey Knight old metal termies. What I did was use my saw to trim the blade off the halberd, then use a pin drill on the shaft. On the metal thunder hammers I would cut off the head leaving a bit of the shaft. I would drill a hole in the sub shaft on the hammer head, and drill a couple of holes for the power cables (guitar wire) and pin everything into place. so I would have a thunder hammer arm for the termie, but with an extra long handle. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested.

so I would have a thunder hammer arm for the termie, but with an extra long handle. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Definitely interested. Please post pics.

Anyone have any pics using the maxmini hammers?

Grey Knight boxes comes with a Daemonhammer each - buy two, you have a ten man squad with two Daemonhammers already.

Problem is I am an old school DH player... so I have quite a few metal PAGK with halberd only. As mentioned in the OP I converted some robed marines to halberds and would be willing to hack those guys apart.

Likewise, I have come up with a better TH conversion and will post pics tonite or tomorrow.

That's a fantastic conversion consider it stolen... Before I saw the above I was going to take the 2 handed halberd and stick the thunderhammer on the end of it, for a cool double handed weapon. I might still get a couple of them in the army. I know that's not going to give you any more than normal though. What you could do is find the local DA/BA player and offer him the shiney new apocathary bit it return for some terminator hammers. It might work.

Random Guy

This is conversion I did about a year ago as possible grand master (dont know if it is legal under the new codex). I think thunder hammers work quite well without having to do too much, especially if you have quite a few metal miniature still laying around. Just have to finishing painting him-

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150/arithorn/1stern.jpg

@ Adir

Those conversion are a very good alternative though.

so I would have a thunder hammer arm for the termie, but with an extra long handle. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Definitely interested. Please post pics.

Anyone have any pics using the maxmini hammers?

http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main...;products_id=84

IMO, they're not ideal for 40k. The one on the left isn't bad, but the others seem just a tad cartoony for my tastes. Can't argue with the price though, compared to GW bits.

IMO, they're not ideal for 40k. The one on the left isn't bad, but the others seem just a tad cartoony for my tastes. Can't argue with the price though, compared to GW bits.

Thats what I thought when I saw them. Thats why I wondered whether someone had actually used this in a marine conversion.

Archived