Games Day UK 25th Sept

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

Well new White Dwarf arrive today with tons of cool Grey Knight stuff & hobby team take on Flesh tearer chapter. But also Games Day been announce for the 25th of Sept.

As normal, I'll be going with my local GW store. Really great, good banter on the bus, etc....

I think ticket go on sale next month & earily for those who subscribe for the White Dwarf.

IP

How much are the tickets and what's the 'free' mini?

If you've got your WD mine should turn up sometime randomly next week :rolleyes:

No idea on price, just give the date. I'd guess the same as last year. Limited ed model is a Skaven which was on the what new today a while back.

As for arrive unsure. Just mine arrive today, but last month did not arrive until the Mon after the offical release. While BA version arrive the Wed before offical date, one before that arrive on the day of offical release. While other near by me got there earily/later than me.

IP

Ticket go on sale 9th April for subscriber.

Going to be a costly month. So far I got

- ToS April hotel to pay for

- ToS July ticket to pay for

- Gathering of the Clans tournament to pay for (once seen pack)

- Games Day ticket

- New Grey Knight army

IP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm going too.

Decided to make a weekend of it and travel up on the Saturday before - I can't stand coach travel so opted to go on the train instead and book myself into the Travelodge about a mile and a half away from the NEC.

It's going to be a very expensive weekend, but well worth it!

Well I will be going again on the Lakeside coach and yes to all those who are on it with me I am writing the Coach Quiz for you guys and boy oh boy do I have a really good snorter for 10 this year to beat the how many Bolter Shots can a SM fire at 12" range

• 3 weeks later...
My girlfriend and I are going this year, just got the tickets in the post today :P. Have to admit, I'm fairly excited, this is the first time in 6 years that I've been, last time was the first year it was on in the NEC. Does anyone know if there's a floor plan for this years event anywhere?

Hi everyone. Im not wanting to hijack this thread but im looking for some info on how, when, where to get to Gamesday UK . Im throwing around the idea of flying in from the U.S. and entering a few minis in the golden deamon , but im having a hell of a time finding info for where it is and how to get there. what city should i stay in and such. feel free to pm me if you have some advice for me. Ill probably fly in to Heathrow . any help would be much appreciated.

Hi everyone. Im not wanting to hijack this thread but im looking for some info on how, when, where to get to Gamesday UK . Im throwing around the idea of flying in from the U.S. and entering a few minis in the golden deamon , but im having a hell of a time finding info for where it is and how to get there. what city should i stay in and such. feel free to pm me if you have some advice for me. Ill probably fly in to Heathrow . any help would be much appreciated.

Here a copy & peaste post by Philbrad over on warseer

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306211

June already, doesn't seem 5 mins since I posted the 2010 thread...

Tickets for the event are on sale to all and sundry now via the GW Website and GW have put up a holding page for the event here.

The event is as ever being held at the newly refurbed LG Arena at the NEC in Birmingham

If you've never been its worth attending at least one of these events in your gaming lifetime. For me this might be my last UKGD with my sons, one is leaving college and may be (in the interim) working for the 'evil empire' whilst he gets employment, the other is about to leave school, end of an era in PhilB household this been taking them to UKGD for about the past 5-6 years. Anyway enough of that, I'll use this thread to keep everyone up to date with goings on approaching the day as well as the usual Warseer 'whose coming' list. There will be the usual WS meet up which is usually 1pm by the SM statue, I'll be resplendent in my WS or rapidly disintegrating Portent T-shirt. all those attending the meet post below and I'll kick of the list.

The LG Arenas at the NEC is on Google Maps HERE minutes from the M42 Junction 6. Those not heading to it on the motorway you need to be on the A45 out of B'ham City Centre towards the International airport it's very well sign posted but watch the feeder roads between the NEC and airport they can be a bit confusing. If you're coming from further afield the site is right next to the airport and the Crowne Plaza is right on the NEC site.

Please (I say this every year) don't confuse the NIA (where GD used to be held) with the NEC, they are about 15 miles apart on separate sides of the city. The NEC is on the door step of Birmingham Intl Airport and Birmingham Intl Rail Station. If travelling by train, there are regular bus and rail links from Birmingham New St station or Solihull station if you can't get to the NEC directly.

If you need to get to the NEC from Birmingham or nearby Solihull I suggest you check out the NETWORKWESTMIDLANDS website for timetables of services.

Be seeing you ... :cool:

PhilB

:chrome:

Games Day on the 25th Sept, a week from this Sunday. Belive this is the last week Games Day tickets will be on sale, you can not buy these that the door this year

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/...p?aId=18200002a

So, on with today's news. First up is Games Day UK, which is now less than two weeks away (it's Sunday 25th September for those of you that don't know). Games Day is the biggest event in the Games Workshop calendar and none are bigger then Games Day UK. With around 10,000 fanatical hobbyists storming the NEC in Birmingham, it really is an event not to be missed. This week is the last week to buy your ticket for the event and unlike previous years we will NOT be selling tickets on the door. The simple reason for this is that we've nearly sold out - we only have a couple of hundred left in the warehouse and the few that are available in our Hobby Centres. So if you want to go, make sure that you ask, plead, beg or pester your significant other, parents or long-suffering partner if you can go and get your tickets before they run out!

I could talk for hours about Games Day UK, but the easiest way to find out more is to head over to this article, where you can find out what's going on. Even the What's New Today team will be there taking pictures of your models and getting videos of the event. Sadly I won't be there to enjoy the madness due to a badly scheduled holiday, but don't worry because my diminutive co-pilot, James (also known as 'Hobbit' due to his short stature and furry feet) will be there running about with Jim doing the videos instead. If you see them around, make sure you head over and say hello.

IP

The THQ Team will be attending Games Day again this year and you can check out what we'll be showing here.

Look forward to it! :D

I'll look forward to visiting your stand - got my copy pf Space Marine collectors edition and loving every piece of it!

Just to ask, is there a subway in the area Games Day is held in??

Thanks

IP

Now do you mean the place where they make sarnies or the local underground station?

If it's the second one, there are a couple of train stations near by if thats any help.

Just to ask, is there a subway in the area Games Day is held in??

Thanks

IP

Now do you mean the place where they make sarnies or the local underground station?

If it's the second one, there are a couple of train stations near by if thats any help.

Ment food, be travel down from Scotland on my local GW bus.

IP

there is a subway within the nec complex but not within the LG arena itself..

http://www.thenec.co.uk/travel/Documents/nec-site-map.pdf

the plazza is your best chance for non overpriced stuff (subway etc are there) try and steer clear of buying anything from the LG itself its all massively overpriced (think theyre running a 100% markup on 500ml drinks still)

if anyone can get hold of the floor plan for this year, im interested to see how theyve set it out. last year wasnt that great imho, prefered the setup in hall 1 and 2 to the lg/pavilion setup they had.

hope all that helps.

From the Black Library web site

Available at Games day

With just seven days remaining until Games Day UK, and Games Day Australia a week later, the usual hubbub in the Black Library office is building into a frenzy of activity.

There will be loads of new and prerelease books on sale this year, so for those of you who like to plan your manic rush around the sales area, here’s what we’ll have availbe on the day:

Salvation’s Reach

Sabbat Worlds

Thanquol's Doom

Red & Black

The Red Duke

Horus Heresy: The Outcast Dead

Nocturne

The Emperor’s Will

Faith &Fire

Hammer & Anvil

Blood of Aenarion

The Gildar Rift

Thorn and Talon

Horus Heresy Audio Boxset

Dreadfleet – The Novel

We will also have a selection of Web Exclusive products and event only books for sale. You can’t get any of these products in your local book store or Games Workshop Hobby Centres, so Games Day is a great chance to get your hands on these goodies.

Black Library Games Day Anthology 2011/12

Promethean Sun (extremely limited stock)

Horus Heresy posters

Daemonifuge

The Book of Blood

Insignium Astartes

Farseer

Inquis Exterminatus

Iron Hands

Hive of the Dead

Event-exclusive art prints (4 to choose from)

As well as all this cool stuff to buy, there are loads of activities at Games Day, and we at Black Library will have plenty to keep you occupied. Visit the blog on Thursday for an overview of everything we’ll be up to at the event (suffice to say, there will be cake).

Tickets for Games Day UK are now sold out . If you didn’t manage to get a ticket this year, don’t worry, you can meet all your favourite Black Library authors and get your hands on event exclusive products, at Black Library Live, the biggest event in the Black Library calendar. Pick up your ticket here.

Going to pick up Horus Heresy: The Outcast Dead & The Gildar Rift the new Space Marine battle novel about the Red Corsiar vs the Doom Egals?? So try get them as soon as door open up 10am & see what the Event Exclusive art prints are like.

IP

Archived