Power Fist options

I'm thinking about outfitting some marines with power fists, but I don't like the "Popeye Pattern" fists available to power armoured marines.

Are there any other options available?

There's a fist in the assault marine box that has the fingers pointing at something ahead, but its still "popeye" pattern. You can't really have just a barefisted marine and say he's got a power fist, there's gotta be some kind of distinction to it. Maybe use small one handed hammers or something.

In the GW range, there's nothing that I can think of off the top of my head that could represent a power fist other than the "popeyes"

While it is always nice to see your Malevolents, Heathens, that appears to still be the large fist that I am trying to avoid.

What about Guard fists? Are those more proportionate to the marine's arm? Though I do like the hammer idea.

While it is always nice to see your Malevolents, Heathens, that appears to still be the large fist that I am trying to avoid.

What about Guard fists? Are those more proportionate to the marine's arm? Though I do like the hammer idea.

Guard powerfists are all right-handed only for the current plastics. The Catachan fist is right out, as the arm underneath is bare. The Cadian fist is usable, but it looks much more at home on a Scout.

You might also consider using rod and card to build some sort of exoskeletal frame that can stand in as a powerfist.

Nope, you're not going to find what you're looking for, unless you make it yourself. A Powerfist is a combination of a field generator (the thing that creates the 'power' that messes people up so completely) and lots of shielding to protect the wearer. They are therefore big and bulky. The rule that makes them an I1 weapon just reinforces that they are meant to be cumbersome.

An Imperial Guard fist might work, but it's going to look too small to many people, since it's a weapon scaled down to fit a normal human.

easy :)

The 2nd ed. metal sergeants with powerfists have significantly smaller powerfists. Old metal terminators also had smaller powerfists, although not as small as the aforementioned ones. as the old miniatures are smaller than the new one they can often be found quite cheap on Ebay.

-T14

Oops, I thought you meant a different fist, not a smaller size, lol. My fault man.

Well, in that case, there's the cadian command squad ones, both the GW and Forgeworld ones, here and here. They're smaller and more compact, though you'll probably need to stalk ebay for a while to hunt down that FW one. The Catachan one looks a bit goofy to me, but hey, you might like it. If you don't mind hacking through some pewter, there's also the cadian officers, commisar w/ fist, Vostroyan officer, and if you're feeling real ambitious, Color Sgt. Kell. By far my favorite one is the Elysian Command Squad fist.

All of these are more compact, but not so small they wouldn't fit on a SM model, with some cautious cutting, and possibly a tiny bit of green stuff.

Archived