Throne of Skullz - July 2012

Captain Idaho

Just Paid for my ticket, wolves grey knights or Blood angels?

Have to have some thought

are they still doing it where you can get an extra point for a good army list because I have a good idea for it?

You don't get an extra point for a good army list, but if you had the top score for your race and you tied with someone else it comes down to best army list.

I know - as I lost out on winning best Dark Eldar player this weekend as I had to hand write my army list! :D

There are LOTS of Grey Knights, so it depends what you're going for. Which army do you feel most happy with? My advice would be to take which one you enjoy the most :P

There is a prize (well a certificate) for best army list, last one was a purity seal (pretty cool idea). I'd also suggest taking what you enjoy the most. Grey knights are many, though of course so are marines (in all their flavours).

I can't wait for the October one..

Is there a breakdown of the number of diff armies anywhere?

Richard from these fourm had this

Black Templars - 3 players

Blood Angels - 14 players

Chaos Daemons - 7 players

Chaos Space Marines - 11 players

Dark Angels - 2 players

Dark Eldar - 9 players

Eldar - 2 players

Grey Knights - 17 players

Imperial Guard - 8 players

Necrons - 6 players

Orks - 8 players

Sisters of Battle - 3 players

Space Marines - 19 players

Space Wolves - 7 players

Tau Empire - 6 players

Tyranids - 10 players

Suprise that there was two Eldar armies.

IP

Eldar out numbered by SoB! :D

No surprise about the Grey Knights being in such large numbers. Expect to face them this year, as well as Blood Angels.

Am surprised about how many Space Wolves there were though. I suppose all the WAAC players have left them for Grey Knights and only left the true Wolves behind.

Any information about what kind of Necron and Grey Knights lists we can expect? Lots of Wraiths and Psyfilman Dreads respectively I expect, but what sort of Troops choices etc?

No so sure. I believe it will be combined lists like Purfiers, Terminators and a Strike squad supported by 3+ Dreadnoughts with Psycannon bolts and Autocannons.

Then people aren't going as cheesy as possible by far.

This is what The English ETC team is running at the moment (1850 but its not hard to realise how it would look scaled down)

HQ1: Inquisitor Coteaz

Elite1: 10 Purifiers : 4 Psycannons 1 Halberd 2 Daemon Hammers Knight of the Flame with Halberd

Elite2: 10 Purifiers 4 Psycannons 1 Halberd 2 Daemon Hammers Knight of the Flame with Halberd

Elite3: Venerable Dreadnaught Psyfleman

Troops1: Henchmen Warband: 5 Death Cult Assassins

Troops2: Henchmen Warband: 5 Death Cult Assassins

Troops3: Henchmen Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes (

Troops4: Henchmen Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes

Troops5: Henchmen Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes

Troops6: Henchmen Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes

HS1: Dreadnought : Psyfleman

HS2: Dreadnought : Psyfleman

HS3: Dreadnought : Psyfleman

Transport 1: Psyback

Transport 2: Psyback

Transport 3: Psyback

Transport 4: Psyback

Transport 5: Psyback:

Transport 6: Inquisitorial Chimera

That is a nasty list

Seeing a mixed list of Strikes, Paladins and Terminators isn't bad.

The welsh list is similar as are loads and loads of lists turning up to tournaments becuase they are ridiculously hard to beat.

Eldar out numbered by SoB! :D

No surprise about the Grey Knights being in such large numbers. Expect to face them this year, as well as Blood Angels.

Am surprised about how many Space Wolves there were though. I suppose all the WAAC players have left them for Grey Knights and only left the true Wolves behind.

Any information about what kind of Necron and Grey Knights lists we can expect? Lots of Wraiths and Psyfilman Dreads respectively I expect, but what sort of Troops choices etc?

This is what my opponent ran - Game 4, Table 2 (the only game he lost was his last game vs Deathwing - the army which won overall):

Coteaz

An Inquisitor with 3 Servo Skulls and Psychotroke Grenades

Venerable Dreadnought with 2 Twin-Linked Auto-cannons and Psybolt Ammunition

Dreadnought with 2 Twin-linked Auto-Cannons and Psybolt Ammunition

6 Purifiers, 5 halberds and 1 Hammer

3 Inquisitorial Henchmen in a Razorback with Psybolt Ammunition

5 Interceptors with a Psycannon

Stormraven with Plasma Cannons

Pretty much no chance of beating that with a Dark Eldar skimmer list! So my ToS ended with 4 wins, 1 loss.

As far as Necrons go - the constants were: Annihilation Barges.... and that was about it. Most lists had wraiths, but not all and not huge tons of them, units of scarabs were a factor but not spammed (I imagine the fixing of 'Scarab conga' sorted that) - the new Triarch Stalker models might make an appearance too.

I know one guy who's already planning a 9 AV13 vehicles at 1500 list.

There were Grey Knights at every 'stage' in the hall, at every point - low tables, mid tables, top tables. There were mixed armies, Draigowings, Purifier Spams, Terminator Lists, - the whole shebang.

Idaho - In terms of Necron troops choices, I think the Necron armies were the most varied by a long way. Some were basically all infantry with a huge Canoptek elements (wraiths, spiders and Scarabs), some were fully mech - the Hybrid lists seemed to be doing the best - and there was a large mix in terms of troops. Small Warrior squads, large squads, Immortals.

Eldar out numbered by SoB! :huh:

This is what my opponent ran - Game 4, Table 2 (the only game he lost was his last game vs Deathwing - the army which won overall):

Coteaz

Pretty much no chance of beating that with a Dark Eldar skimmer list!

As far as Necrons go - the constants were: Annihilation Barges.... and that was about it. Most lists had wraiths, but not all and not huge tons of them, units of scarabs were a factor but not spammed (I imagine the fixing of 'Scarab conga' sorted that) - the new Triarch Stalker models might make an appearance too.

Thats a horific list, I wouldn't take the Storm raven or Interceptors however, think those points could be better spent

Eldar out numbered by SoB! :huh:

Coteaz

Thats a horific list, I wouldn't take the Storm raven or Interceptors however, think those points could be better spent

It put out a hideous amount of tiwn-linked firepower -_- - my skimmers were raining from the skies.

He said that most people tend to ignore the Interceptors, thinking they're 'A waste' then he uses them to contest objectives or, as he did against me, shunt behing the cover I was using and murder my trueborn.

I wasn't sure about the Stormraven in all honesty - it worked well with the Servo skulls (annoyingly accurate plasma cannon) but like you say, I think the points could have been better spent elsewhere.

But the rest of the list caned - what was even worse, when his purifiers charged my wyches the inquisitors grenades (randomly rolled) made my wyches I1.... ;)

Eldar out numbered by SoB! :)

Coteaz

It put out a hideous amount of tiwn-linked firepower :( - my skimmers were raining from the skies.

He said that most people tend to ignore the Interceptors, thinking they're 'A waste' then he uses them to contest objectives or, as he did against me, shunt behing the cover I was using and murder my trueborn.

I wasn't sure about the Stormraven in all honesty - it worked well with the Servo skulls (annoyingly accurate plasma cannon) but like you say, I think the points could have been better spent elsewhere.

But the rest of the list caned - what was even worse, when his purifiers charged my wyches the inquisitors grenades (randomly rolled) made my wyches I1.... :(

I was actually thinking about running something very similar to this this time.

Im surprised it didn't stop deathwing. Just weight of numbers and making them take saves. I think I would swap out the Storm Raven and interceptors for a Vindicaire and a squad of death cults in a chimera.

Eldar out numbered by SoB! :)

Coteaz

It put out a hideous amount of tiwn-linked firepower :( - my skimmers were raining from the skies.

But the rest of the list caned - what was even worse, when his purifiers charged my wyches the inquisitors grenades (randomly rolled) made my wyches I1.... :(

I was actually thinking about running something very similar to this this time.

Im surprised it didn't stop deathwing. Just weight of numbers and making them take saves. I think I would swap out the Storm Raven and interceptors for a Vindicaire and a squad of death cults in a chimera.

What would you do with the Purifiers? Just wondering what they'd do for transportation, I think you could get a Chimera, a Psyback, 5 Deathcults and a Vindicare for the price of the 'ceptors and the Raven (my points may be off - don't have the codex to hand). Coteaz and the Inq would ride in the Chimera I'm guessing.

Rhino, I would try and find the points to give them psycannons because controlling the midfield is what they do best and its more difficult to do without them.

I wish you could run this list without Coteaz because I really don't like using named charaters.

Run the death cults and the Purifiers into the midfield, shoot everything that moves, wait for your opponent to expend a lot of resources on killing them and then see what is left at the end.

Rhino, I would try and find the points to give them psycannons because controlling the midfield is what they do best and its more difficult to do without them.

I wish you could run this list without Coteaz because I really don't like using named charaters.

Run the death cults and the Purifiers into the midfield, shoot everything that moves, wait for your opponent to expend a lot of resources on killing them and then see what is left at the end.

Yeah I feel the same about some named characters - some I don't mind, but Coteaz just isn't for me.

If you could find the points for Psycannons, it might be pretty good - not sure where they'd come from though!

I'm not entirely sure what happened in his game against the Deathwing, it was kill points though - always a good fight for the army with 5 kill points! :P

No so sure. I believe it will be combined lists like Purfiers, Terminators and a Strike squad supported by 3+ Dreadnoughts with Psycannon bolts and Autocannons.

Then people aren't going as cheesy as possible by far.

This is what The English ETC team is running at the moment (1850 but its not hard to realise how it would look scaled down)

HQ1: Inquisitor Coteaz

Elite1: 10 Purifiers : 4 Psycannons 1 Halberd 2 Daemon Hammers Knight of the Flame with Halberd

Elite2: 10 Purifiers 4 Psycannons 1 Halberd 2 Daemon Hammers Knight of the Flame with Halberd

Elite3: Venerable Dreadnaught Psyfleman

Troops1: Henchmen Warband: 5 Death Cult Assassins

Troops2: Henchmen Warband: 5 Death Cult Assassins

Troops3: Henchmen Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes (

Troops4: Henchmen Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes

Troops5: Henchmen Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes

Troops6: Henchmen Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes

HS1: Dreadnought : Psyfleman

HS2: Dreadnought : Psyfleman

HS3: Dreadnought : Psyfleman

Transport 1: Psyback

Transport 2: Psyback

Transport 3: Psyback

Transport 4: Psyback

Transport 5: Psyback:

Transport 6: Inquisitorial Chimera

That is a nasty list

Seeing a mixed list of Strikes, Paladins and Terminators isn't bad.

The welsh list is similar as are loads and loads of lists turning up to tournaments becuase they are ridiculously hard to beat.

Well I'm not a Grey Knight player so am open to corrections!

Anyway, it's interesting to see what will happen in 6th edition. I hope it becomes more tactical and skill based :)

Ahem. I'm taking a Necron list. I don't want to go too far off topic with Xenos stuff, so I will provide a quick summary:

HQ

Overlord

- Phase Shifter

- Warscythe

- in a Catacombe Command Barge

Destroyer Lord

- Warscythe

- Sempiternal Weave

- Mindshackle Scarabs

Cryptek Harbinger of Destruction

- Solar Pulse

TROOPS

Warriors

- x12

Warriors

- x5

Immortals

- Gauss Blasters

- x5

FAST ATTACK

Wraiths

- x5

- x3 Whip Coils

Heavy Destroyers

- x3

Heavy Destroyers

- x3

HEAVY SUPPORT

Annhilation Barge

Annhilation Barge

But we can't discuss the list of course, simply have it as a view of what you might oppose - mwah hahahahahaha!

Ahem. I'm taking a Necron list. I don't want to go too far off topic with Xenos stuff, so I will provide a quick summary:

HQ

Overlord

- Phase Shifter

- Warscythe

- in a Catacombe Command Barge

Destroyer Lord

- Warscythe

- Sempiternal Weave

- Mindshackle Scarabs

Cryptek Harbinger of Destruction

- Solar Pulse

TROOPS

Warriors

- x12

Warriors

- x5

Immortals

- Gauss Blasters

- x5

FAST ATTACK

Wraiths

- x5

- x3 Whip Coils

Heavy Destroyers

- x3

Heavy Destroyers

- x3

HEAVY SUPPORT

Annhilation Barge

Annhilation Barge

But we can't discuss the list of course, simply have it as a view of what you might oppose - mwah hahahahahaha!

Of course, we wouldn't want to condone the foul Xenos :) - It's certainly different to the lists I saw at the last ToS. Don't see many HD's about!

Due to the vagueries of fate I might actually be able to make the July ToS afterall (though waiting on my mate to confirm either way).

My Ultramarines were imploring me to take them... but having come so close to getting the best Dark Eldar player award I think I know where my allegiance lies for now :P

Although looking at Sgt Campbells thread has given me a strange urge to start a sisters army.... but then realising it costs £73 for 10 Sisters in a Rhino slightly put me off!

Do it I need a drinking partner idahos not famous for his drinking just his honour guard!!

£73 for 10 ouch think I bought 50 sisters for that price 5 years ago just cost me a fortune getting 9 immolator tanks. I think that's why I play sisters cos it cost me a fortune!!

Archived