Throne of Skulls October (UK)

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

As usely just a topic to see who will be attend Throne of Skulls Oct. It on the 20th & 21st.

I will be going down & will be taken my Mk6 Iron Warriors that where seen during ToS April two week ago.

IP

• 1 month later...

Just under a week for the ToS October ticket go on sale.

Just waiting to get my copy of the new Warhammer 40,000 6th ed rule to see what will happen with my Iron Warriors. As usely I will be up for any games on the Friday during the Throne of Skulls October weekend.

IP

I will be there with my Minotaurs...I am looking forward to seeing you there Insane Psychopath...It has been a while(1 year) since the Greek Battle Bunker joined the fray...I have been out of the fun for 1.5 years due to the birth of my daughter but now I am more eager than ever! Take a look on my blog (found on my signature) to take an idea of what you might face... :sweat:

Ticket just been bought as part of a group. I'll be there, probably using my beloved Angels Sanguine from April last year (which some people here may remember :sweat: ) looking to go one better and take down best BA this time (beaten by one favourite opponent vote! ONE!).

Just ordered my Ticket, looking forward to it already. probably take my Draigowing along as usual. I seem to be flying solo this year, as my friends are all either broke, or busy then. Oh well, means I'll have to be more social at ToS!

I will be there with my Minotaurs...I am looking forward to seeing you there Insane Psychopath...It has been a while(1 year) since the Greek Battle Bunker joined the fray...I have been out of the fun for 1.5 years due to the birth of my daughter but now I am more eager than ever! Take a look on my blog (found on my signature) to take an idea of what you might face... ^_^

Yep I rememeber your lot from ToS Nov back in 2010. I will be going with my friend Iain. Other than that pretty much met up with people down there.

Minotaurs look cool. Be nice to see them that ToS Oct. One of the gamers that my local GW store has just started a Minatour force useing the FW kits.

My IW can be seen here (same topics just one in painting & one in chaos area)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=242456&hl=

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=242006&hl=

Few new models have been added since then just not had time to update. Also need to try get some power maul for my Terminators. Like wise need to get around to make a Relic object marker for the relic mission &/or the 6x Object marker mission.

IP

Another Angels Sanguine player?! I must meet this guy :(. I wonder how they're going to shift the tables for Hammer and Anvil, since the tables are all packed end to end, and I don't fancy having to walk all the way round potentially eight tables to shift models...

Another Angels Sanguine player?! I must meet this guy :(. I wonder how they're going to shift the tables for Hammer and Anvil, since the tables are all packed end to end, and I don't fancy having to walk all the way round potentially eight tables to shift models...

I think the tables will be the same. WFB player have had that set up since the 8th ed rule where release a few year back. But same time 40k double they had spread the tables a bit more for people to get a bit more space from what I seen.

Just had that mission set up yesterday as well.

I really like the brand new rules. But need a quick referance sheet for gaming.

IP

Has anyone got the latest rules pack? I'm interested to know what the stance is on Allies and the likes, or how the missions are organised.

Rule pack the same/nothing so far. I'd image they will let us know soon with ToS July in a few weeks time or the best thing to do e-mail the event team ;)

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom..._Rules_2012.pdf

IP

• 2 weeks later...

Look like Throne of Skulls October has now sold out. I am all sign up for the event & can not wait, one change I might be make to my list is give my Terminators power axe after a few games under the new rules, but same time there is a rumour that a new codex Chaos is due out very soon, in which cause be even better for some new models :(

Also for those who have not seen this. There is road work down in Nottingham from now until 2014 for a tram line?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/...p;aId=22500006a

Another Angels Sanguine player?! I must meet this guy ;). I wonder how they're going to shift the tables for Hammer and Anvil, since the tables are all packed end to end, and I don't fancy having to walk all the way round potentially eight tables to shift models...

Aye cahps, I'll be there too. It'll almost definitely be the Ang Sang flying brigade. I've not read a scrap of new rules yet though and currently storing my army at the other end of the country while I move flat so things could be a little...rusty!

Oh well, it's not like there's new emphasis on Psykers, re-written USRs, allies, random all sorts, fortifications, vehicle dmage and the like to get my head round...

I have 13 weeks, hopefully I can get through it!

I'll help you out RebG :P Think Draigowing will be on hold until shortly before ToS, where I will beg some practice games :P

So I might have to start assembling my Dark Eldar, or maybe nurgle shall make a comeback.

13 weeks away? bah thats way to far...

All the missions areroled for at the start of the round and then scored through so that they aren't repeated.

You can use fortifications, there was a dozen half a dozen people with bastions and another 10 or so others with beefed up Aegis defense lines. One guy even had a Fortress of Redemption at the July tournie.

Allies are also allowed.

• 1 month later...

I'm so far from knowing what I'm taking to this tournament it's untrue. My list needs some tweaks to stand a chance against some 6the ed stuff (flyers are a big issue for me, as are anything 2+ save) so I NEED to change/add.

Unfortunately, with allies, there's now too much choice!!

Grumble grumble...

• 3 weeks later...
With only a month to go (roughly) I really need to start playing 40k again. Unsure if I should go with my updated 1500 draigowing list or my original list...

Aye I'll need to step up my gaming side as rumour shown Codex Chaos being release very soon. I have been gaming but right now it has been more toward just getting use to the new rules of 6th ed, as there only a few rules I'm still needing to get use to like rolling for night fight & how flyer work.

List wise - see what happen, but right now I got my force ready under the current codex.

Is anyone going to be down in Warhammer World on the Friday? I think me & my friend aim to book into hotel's, then go into Warhammer World get a game in, then met up with other friends & get some more gaming & catch up.

IP

Archived