Angron, Daemon Primarch of the World Eaters

He is very cool, but (sorry to say) he looks like a demon prince to me. There is nothing that marks him out at exceptional in the eyes of Khorne. He appears to be a daemonprince, which is awesome in its own right and the ultimate goal of all worldeaters. You could have added a glowing effect on the Black Blade to show how awesome and ancient it actually is.

So, cool model, really decent paintjob, but I would hesitate with calling him Angron, The Red Angel :P

Thanks. Have you seen the artworkfor him? and fluff wise he has a jet black blade with no reflection

ANd the primarchs were just daemon princes. No different than a chaos lord being elevated to daemonhood. Their were millions of daemons stronger than them. The daemon primarchs just happen to lead legions of space marines

http://primarchproject.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/angrondemon.jpg

I have to disagree with you there, Validar.

He looks awesome! Great painting and great conversion! I love him.

I especially like the power cables leading to his psychotic head, the gladiator like loin-cloth and the Black Blade. You really followed the fluff on this one, man. I also like how he isn't stupidly huge. He was a Primarch (so was taller than a space marine to begin with) and the Blood God would have suped him up a bit, but that doesn't mean he ahs to be the size of a barn. Power isn't always about size, and I'm so glad you did it like this.

As I said, i love him, but why is he not all Gladiator-ed up? Haha. i would have added some gladiator-esque shoulder guards or something B). Anyway, it's better than anything I could produce.

Great job man, keep it up!

Malatox

(P.s I was going to post that picture of him up from the Apoc Datasheet but was beaten to it ;))

The newer one looks a lot better imho. I will say though where are his marks of Khorne? Or even a WE symbol to show where he has come from? At the moment he is a rather angry looking red Deamon Primarch but without a clear allegiance. I like that you have the plain black blade. :P

Thanks Biohazzard. There's a bigger Picture of that artwork that shows his whole body. No symbols. I think it's to rely on his iconic appearance(tubes/wires on head, black blade) to show who he is and if you know who angron is then you know his legion. Same with the daemon mortarion artwork, he has no symbols on him whatsoever but you still know who he is and his legion. If someone can find that mortarion artwork I would really appreciate it. It's the one with his wings showing

ANd the primarchs were just daemon princes. No different than a chaos lord being elevated to daemonhood. Their were millions of daemons stronger than them. The daemon primarchs just happen to lead legions of space marines

http://primarchproject.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/angrondemon.jpg

I really like this model but I agree with a few others, it needs to be a bit more WE/khorney. And as for fluff, they may have been daemon princes, but the powers of chaos build on whats already there, compared to a daemon prince that was a bog standard chaos marine, a daemon primarch if gonna slap his teeth down his throat for giggles.... They would be the first among the DPs, which is why when Angron steps out of the warp, ala Armageddon, you call grey knights, and lots of them, and space wolves..... something not rolled out for any old daemon prince. What I'm getting at is they are just daemon princes, but they are favoured pets of the gods because they are so powerful to begin with, if any old goon could match a daemon primarch if he was ascended they'd corrupt morons rather than trying to get hard targets.

And as for fluff, they may have been daemon princes, but the powers of chaos build on whats already there, compared to a daemon prince that was a bog standard chaos marine, a daemon primarch if gonna slap his teeth down his throat for giggles.... They would be the first among the DPs, which is why when Angron steps out of the warp, ala Armageddon, you call grey knights, and lots of them, and space wolves..... something not rolled out for any old daemon prince. What I'm getting at is they are just daemon princes, but they are favoured pets of the gods because they are so powerful to begin with, if any old goon could match a daemon primarch if he was ascended they'd corrupt morons rather than trying to get hard targets.

I don't know Doombreed was just a normal human and I'm willing to bet he could put the smack down on most Khornate daemon princes. I'm sure Angron is powerful be he may not be the most favoured of Khorne.

Also does your blog show how you did the conversion? I've been collecting bits to do this myself... I was wondering if you could share any wisdom.

yea sure, i think there is a more detailed description on my blog but from memory i used: regular d prince as base, the thing between his legs is from the keeper of secrets i used green stuff for the claws on his feet, guitar wire for the cables in his head, and the wings are from some old tyranid model but i recomend any of the new plastic ones

Thanks. Have you seen the artworkfor him? and fluff wise he has a jet black blade with no reflection

I'm sorry, but that's not true. In the Doombreed description it says there are very few of the Chaos God's servants that are older and more powerful than the Daemon Primarchs, Doombreed being one of them.

Archived