Asterion Moloch [artwork]

darkwrath

Thought I'd post this up, it was part of my application to Forgeworld as they had an illustrator position going. Sadly I did not get the job, but that means everyone else wins as I'm now happy to share the finished piece :)

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq132/DarkWrath_photos/moloc_final_zps8522adca.jpg

thanks for the comments all! much appreciated.

@EgoDraconumNigrorum - I don't at the moment (aside from a chaplain in terminator armour, but he's an early piece and not as good), as illustration commissions I get are generally for non 40k related pieces, and when free time does come around I paint my miniatures :D, However saying that, I would like to do more 40k stuff when time permits so if there's anything specific you wanted to see then let me know and I'll start painting!

Same goes for anyone else having a look at the thread, If you have any suggestions on what 40k piece you'd like to see next then drop a reply on here.

Truly amazing. Comparing it to other IA artwork, your proportions are probably too natural for their tastes.

Would you basically draw what you want, or did they specifically ask for Asterion?

The brief was just "Illustrate a space marine in a relaxed pose, without his helmet on" and as the Minotaurs have been shown some love recently, I went straight to Asterion.

You're possibly right with the proportions though.

all the suggestions for artwork have been taken on board, and in the interests of fairness I'll do each one in the order they were posted :rolleyes:

Archived