[22.06] Kastor's Silver Tower Sigmarine as truescale SM Cap

Kastor Krieg

Ido indeed. To hijack the thread tiny bit I've got my flesh tearers, my red helms (plus about seven chapter masters for the so I can use all chapter traits), a DA successor chapter, a vindicator that actually fires things, and a grey knights expeditionary force clad entirely in terminator armour. Also planning space wolves, and had an ongoing army of the purge for a good while now.

That isn't including my model trains :)

On the plus side, Cypher will be able to add a serious punch to any of those forces except the DA. Plus he's so damn cool. Worth the time

Oh, and knights of blood :)

And necrons :)

• 4 months later...

Sooo, here's this coming. Intended as "teutonic knight" Titan Knight (a commision). Apologies for the dark pic, I wanted the airbrushed shading to come out instead of white glare ;)

10354759_786110308073306_4303817870918527909_n.jpg

I'm looking for inspiration for making it more "teutonic" (remember, please - not "templar", teutonic!). Please feel free to propose heraldry or colors, show me some neatly painted teutonic knights.

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/pics/2006/oct/819107b.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/304/f/c/teutonic_knight_by_milosandric-d4elfsx.png

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=276544&d=1301365311

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3162/allshields.jpg

I must admit that my knowledge of Teutonic knights and themes is extremely limited sad.png but that white looks fantastic! wub.png Very nice! smile.png

I do like the shield at the bottom (with the bird that looks like a single headed Imperium eagle) though smile.png

Yeah, that's the main teutonic heraldry, the black eagle on a golden cross with a fleur-de-lis ending, on a black cross on white. All the gilding on the model will be done with Vallejo Liquid Gold "Old Gold" alcohol paints and then weathered :>

• 1 month later...

Ugh, freehands are a bitch. For the moment I tossed down the towel and agreed with the guy to do a "basic" version to freehand in. There's very little room for correction (especially on the gradients) and I won't be the one to destroy this model. Anyway, here is how it looks now. It still needs about 5% done, like all the rivets painted gold (ugh, who gave me the idea!), the chains on the flag silvered, hydraulics treated with washes, so on.

10301447_804400196244317_414131682640327

10426682_804400219577648_197150038447363

10421552_804400242910979_492820080320531

10418187_804400266244310_619241041393508

10388217_804400289577641_687016003391206

10367142_804400339577636_916585162829000

Good God Emperor, that white is so crisp!  The bronze/gold metallic really "pops" against the white.  Honestly, not having a lot of freehands and decals on it may be the way to go; it's just so gorgeous-- too much would simply detract from the clean paintjob (if that makes sense?)

Good God Emperor, that white is so crisp! The bronze/gold metallic really "pops" against the white. Honestly, not having a lot of freehands and decals on it may be the way to go; it's just so gorgeous-- too much would simply detract from the clean paintjob (if that makes sense?)

I agree, less is definitely more in this case! happy.png

Thanks! I tried hard to make the white crips and yet not make it "porcelain uniform", if you get what I mean. There's a lot of glint from my lamp off the white, but the darker photos show there's actual shading involved (pure white VMA on light "British grey" on black primer). I also like the look, but I'd love to be able to at least make the black/yellow shield with heraldic lillies on the yellow cross' ends. I might try and mask for the black and then go in with a pencil and draw the yellow shape, fill that in by hand. SCAAARRYYYYYYY :D

But the best compliment I got for this - a friend saw these and asked me to prime / base shade his three Knights. UGH! MOAR KNIGHTZORZ! :D

Thanks! I tried hard to make the white crips and yet not make it "porcelain uniform", if you get what I mean. There's a lot of glint from my lamp off the white, but the darker photos show there's actual shading involved (pure white VMA on light "British grey" on black primer). I also like the look, but I'd love to be able to at least make the black/yellow shield with heraldic lillies on the yellow cross' ends. I might try and mask for the black and then go in with a pencil and draw the yellow shape, fill that in by hand. SCAAARRYYYYYYY biggrin.png

But the best compliment I got for this - a friend saw these and asked me to prime / base shade his three Knights. UGH! MOAR KNIGHTZORZ! biggrin.png

I wasn't sure, but I did think that the white was a little more than just "white", but thought it due to the camera/lighting source. I definitely like the sound of the heraldry, I've never seen Lillies used as a heraldic device before smile.png

Good God Emperor, that white is so crisp! The bronze/gold metallic really "pops" against the white. Honestly, not having a lot of freehands and decals on it may be the way to go; it's just so gorgeous-- too much would simply detract from the clean paintjob (if that makes sense?)

The color is Vallejo Liquid Gold "Old Gold". PURE GENIUS. Bitch to paint with, but still no water acryllics come close.

I wasn't sure, but I did think that the white was a little more than just "white", but thought it due to the camera/lighting source. I definitely like the sound of the heraldry, I've never seen Lillies used as a heraldic device before smile.png

Take a look at the previous page, I gave examples :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick idea I had, continuing with the Cypher theme from last page.

http://i.imgur.com/Q1PNeA9.jpg

Yes, that's Inquisitor Cypher and Canonness Cypher. Yes, I will use them with my INQ and SOB detachments, whichever I run at the moment. Because gunslining inquisitors and space nuns are FUN! :ninja:

These are simple ideas, I will add nuances here and there, but once I had the idea, I couldn't stop myself. The rules are cool and gunslingers are cool. PROFIT! biggrin.png

• 4 months later...

I'm finally trying to deal with the Centurions. I won't go as far as some in converting them, but some simple tricks will make them more slender. So far, I've removed the first part of the "side toes" and I think I will get rid of these completely. The housing parts for the hurricanes / missiles are gone, as well as the lower third of their base. Instead, the missile / bolter bit is attached to the torso directly, deeper than originally. This allows me to retain the weapon there and lower the bulk. Torso + legs have been magnetized and therefore separated by 2-3 mm more, making the Centurion taller. The head will also be elevated within the mount for a total 5-6mm gain.

This should show the details - on the left the Centurion is in the original config, the right one is with my alterations. Curious what you guys think! :)

http://i.imgur.com/M6crxon.jpg

I'm really going to have to reserve any judgement until I see a more finished centurion-- just because I greatly dislike the stock model, and it affects any real constructive criticism I can give.

I am curious to see where this conversion takes your centurions however;  every "reimagining" of the centurion puts a unique and different spin on the model.  

• 1 month later...

Archived