Sometimes Excessus does hobby things...

Excessus

I wonder if you could stick 2 of the voxcasters from the Chaos vehicle sprue back to back? That would be somewhere(?) around the right size and shape and you could paint the inside of the vox grill as the internal fire?

Edit: That was based on thinking it looked like a standard rectangular (ish) hammer head with fiery interior. After reading Kortmers post and looking closer, it could indeed be a big round brazier?

That's a cracking conversion btw, really good job of moving it away from looking like Abby with a hand swap!

• 1 month later...

@Bjorn: Thanks! :)

@Elz: Thanks, the mace is from the Havoc kit I think.

I'm working on something for the mace, a friend is 3d printing some stuff to look like the edges of the mace, now I just need to figure out where to get the smoke from...and how large the mace head should be...

...but my painting got stopped by a broken nozzle! :(

gallery_61265_13249_22415.jpg

No airbrushing without it. :furious:

But hey, at least I can still glue stuff together! :D Like these two, I tried making them look different to each other with the leg positioning.

gallery_61265_13297_58301.jpg

• 6 months later...

Well, my termie lord is finished-ish. I'm still not happy about the flame and smoke...so I may repaint it a bit...though I'm not sure how.

gallery_61265_13297_31317.jpg

The mace looks brutal...really nice! I have tried out a few fluorescent paints from Vallejo for flames recently and they produce a pretty cool, easily replicable effect, escpecially over a white coat.

A really striking Lord. I especially like how he looks less bulky and square than most terminators, it lends itself to a more sleek and agile appearance which to my mind fits in well with the song of the hydra. The blue is vibrant and clear, the mix of it with the green leaving no question as to the legion certainly.

Thanks guys, I'm definitely going to repaint the flame since I have gotten a few hints and tips about it. :)

@Lucerne, I airbrush Akhelian Green contrast over a preshaded base, and I do some edge highlights with Sotek Green and shade a bit where needed with Black Templar Contrast. The cloth is Steel Legion Drab with Agrax and Snakebite shades, and mixing in a bit of Pallid Wych Flesh for the edges. It took a bit of reposing with GS for the arms though. :P

@Isengrin, hmm, I have to see if I can get a hold of something like that though. I'm thinking of using a bit of inktensity for it but I only have the red one... :(

Thursday evening means digital hobby-evening with some fellow mods, and this is the result of the day:

gallery_61265_13297_75114.jpg

Hey, you over there, what's with all the noise?

gallery_61265_13297_95751.jpg

I'm just listening to the radio, sir...

gallery_61265_13297_87784.jpg

I'm back to my roots, having a Vox as an icon like I did with my old CSM. Feels good, always felt a bit more Alpha Legion to me. :)

• 10 months later...

I'm slowly getting back into the hobby after almost half a year with only work and stress in my life. So I'm starting slow...with my old unfinished Renegades and Heretics! And I thought that instead of starting a third WIP-thread I'd merge my old stuff together...

There were a few old models where the old GW glue had crystallised so they just fell apart when I picked them up. I had to re-build a lot of models and thought that I might as well update them a bit while I was going. Some needed a new paint-job, new torso, weapons or new heads/arms and such. And the rest I just built from my bits-box...I have a lot of leftover bits... :tongue.:

The result was quite allright imho.

Squad #1:

gallery_61265_14955_88293.jpg

Squad #2:

gallery_61265_14955_111662.jpg

Two new friends for my lonely Kill-team Ogryn:

gallery_61265_14955_142412.jpg

And my brave commander together with some random models:

gallery_61265_14955_180034.jpg

Lots of repurposed bases, legs, weapons, arms & heads and it feels good to finally get some use off old unused bits that has been laying around for YEARS! Slowly but surely, it's all coming together. And they're all getting a unified colour scheme now, unlike before.

Looking good. I thin GW has really dropped the ball by not supporting a Renegades & Heretics army. You’ve done a great job on mixing in the old FW renegades, Blackstone renegades and othe bits. I especially like the reposed Blackstone traitor with the lasrifle and the traitor organs.