Angron without the Nails?

Emperor's Furor

I was wondering, what do you think Angron would look like if he'd never had the butcher's nails and instead grew up on the side of the rebels from the off set so that he turned out to be a noble, Spartacus like character rather than the blood thirsty guy he originally ended up being. 

Is anyone good at drawing? I'd love to see some interpretations of him having been brought up this way.

It would be kind of interesting if he got raised by one of the nobles  and became ruler of the planet instead of being a slave who knows maybe he would have became very similar to Roboute(when I think gladiator I think roman empire so that is a reason why I say like Roboute besides that I have no sources to say that is how he would turn out.) If not that then maybe he would have become tyrant of Nuceria.

Picture angron no nails maybe with dreadlocks instead?

The bob marley primarch?

hey mon everythings gonna be ok

Primarch of the 3 little birds legion. Has a giant blazing blunt as its icon.

It would be totally ironic to what the world eaters are. They would become the "Eaters of Doritos and other Munchies"

In all seriousness lol I imagine him as more of a freedom fighter/partisan (turned dictator?)

"Tomithas!"

"Yes my lord?" Tomithas Chong watched his primarchs red flecked eyes with interest, bursting into a paroxysm of laughter when his grav-beancouch toppled over.

"Why do we fight these xenos? I mean they are...hehehe...just trying to make a living in the galaxy.

"And I mean, whats with this whole Imperium thing anyway man? Its like this conspiracy Tomithas, I think the Emps is crackin down hard like a space-narc because he's hiding something from us!"

Tomithas took a long hard pull from his peace pipe, coughing, dispite having a third lung. The Wails were really hitting him hard, the Wailers they were playing a peaceful cord that he couldn't seem to get out of his head. 

"Yeah bro (as Angreen liked to be referred to), I hear you. They are keepin us down man, these...these...wi-" Tomithas stopped as he remembered the wailers were coming back in force....his hands and face smeared a rich red from the amount of Doritos he consumed. Tomithas Chong was known for his large consumption of chip products and had been named the red handed for his fingers been discolored from his favorite past time.

"Angreen, bro, I think we should totally like start a revolution or something."

The bloodshot eyes regarded him with seeming infinite knowledge staring straight into his soul.

Angreen and Tomithas chong then burst into laughter and rolled on the floor in a fit of insanity

I aim to please :D

Yeah...the whole red hand mark is just whoever is closest to Angreen Th'umb when he decides to wipe his hands on their armor.

The whole thing popped into my head as I made it and I hoped that people would get the Wails/Nails reference haha

Jaspcat made the challenge and I accepted

I think Angron without the nails would have been awesome. From Betrayer is seems like the legion before they found Angron were still extremely bloodthirsty but very much into loyalty to their brothers.

I imagine a non nails Angron to be somewhat similar to Leman Russ in that he'd have a relaxed relationship with his legionaries. He'd also be extremely loyal and I personally doubt that he'd have turned to Chaos if his upbringing, discovery etc had gone a little better.

Think Spartacus from the classic movie and how his men at the end all stood up and declared they too were Spartacus. thats bonds of brotherhood and loyalty right there and very much how I imagine Angron and his legion. 

"Leave no man behind!"

I think Angron without the nails would have been awesome. From Betrayer is seems like the legion before they found Angron were still extremely bloodthirsty but very much into loyalty to their brothers.

I imagine a non nails Angron to be somewhat similar to Leman Russ in that he'd have a relaxed relationship with his legionaries. He'd also be extremely loyal and I personally doubt that he'd have turned to Chaos if his upbringing, discovery etc had gone a little better.

Think Spartacus from the classic movie and how his men at the end all stood up and declared they too were Spartacus. thats bonds of brotherhood and loyalty right there and very much how I imagine Angron and his legion. 

"Leave no man behind!"

Interesting notion, Angron being like Russ except slightly angrier without the nails but same notion of bonds of brotherhood. Except that Angron has a totally different sense of honour that stems from his slave/gladiator upbringing whereas Russ eventually became a ruler. Well, he still grew up a slave and watched as his father let all of his friends die while only saving him, I imagine Angron would still turn to Horus side in the end.

The difference I imagine, is that he wouldn't have become a daemon prince of Khorne until after the Heresy. Without the nails, Lorgar wouldn't have conspired to elevate Angron to daemonhood in order to "ahem", "Cure" Angron's medical condition of slow descent into madness and eternal pain. I think Angron would be just as smart strategically and tactically as Guilliman or Sanguinus in addition to having a close bond to his sons if he didn't have the nails constantly biting into him.

the novels constantly refer to him, physically at least, as someone who would of had a noble appearance had it not been for the nails.

im of the opinion that he would have been more akin to dorn. 

but then this debate goes hand in hand with the nature vs nurture thread...

At the end of the day angron is loyal to his WE even after deamonhood and the splitting of his legion he still tries to unite the factions to raid the imperium.

He's the only truly active primarch post heresy

In short - he gets :cuss done

@jaspcat

Really man. Are you Tzeentch or something? Your avatar switches like everyday now. Plus its Thousands Sons now. I rest my case

Archived