A Tale of 18 Hobbyists - WIP project thread

Dosjetka

So I'm getting a sharp lesson in how poorly the Scout snipers have aged. Bloody hell, they have those dumb heads, and basically no customisability out of the box. Uggh I'm going to either be chopping and greenstuffing or sighing and having a bunch of similar looking crappy Scouts with head swaps.

I've also discovered that my three Rhinos and my Razorback have all broken to one degree or another when we moved.

Man, not a happy modelling month. I hope the painting goes better :(

So I'm getting a sharp lesson in how poorly the Scout snipers have aged. Bloody hell, they have those dumb heads, and basically no customisability out of the box. Uggh I'm going to either be chopping and greenstuffing or sighing and having a bunch of similar looking crappy Scouts with head swaps.

I've also discovered that my three Rhinos and my Razorback have all broken to one degree or another when we moved.

Yeah, the scouts are pretty stiff.

How bad was the damage on your transports? Just bits that need to b re-glued, I hope?

Yeah, the scouts are pretty stiff.

How bad was the damage on your transports? Just bits that need to b re-glued, I hope?

Not quite, unfortunately. The best of them has lost a piece of track I can't find; the worst of them is semi-crushed.

It's pretty frustrating, but there isn't a great deal I can do. My Whirlwind is busted as well, but strangely my two Land Raiders made it through unscathed

Sorry for the appalling pictures but wanted to do a quick update. Started painting a 5 man combat squad for my RG:

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/92186967-eee6-4fda-8ccb-47e9d1ca3428_zps77726640.jpg

I've also decided to add a small detachment of Raptors to add a bit of colour variation to my army and because I love there chapter tactics.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/b1fb3d65-06b1-42e6-9f9b-9b61f52c7c84_zps868ceb83.jpg

I'll try and get some better pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tancred

@ Geektom: Thaht Chappy is turning out b-e-a-utifully :tu:

And here is that pic I promised last week, I had some repairs to do as I dropped it a little while getting the pic,

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/Heresy%20Era%20Dark%20Angels/IMAG0284_zpsekiaqe9p.jpg

I'm going to have to work REALLY hard to not have to use my Joker for January.....

Cheers,

Jono

So I really hate the Scout Sniper models. I hate their stupid identical poses that complete defeat the purposes of plastic kits. I hate their idiotic faces with their half-ork, half-Jay Leno features. I hate that two of them have their cloaks rolled up because, I assume, the designer couldn't be bothered making more cloaked torsos?

Seriously, I really, REALLY hate those heads, holy crap.

With that in mind, I present you the WIP of Scout Squad Ingtar:

Squad Ingtar WIP 1

Squad Ingtar WIP 2

Squad Ingtar WIP 3

Squad Ingtar WIP 4

Squad Ingtar WIP 5

Squad Ingtar WIP 6

Squad Ingtar WIP 7

I decided to make little mini-dioramas out of each Scout, as well as giving them shaved-down Sanguiniary Guard death masks and greenstuff hoods.

Just waiting for the greenstuff to cure some more so I can sand it back.

I've also decided to strip my broken Razorback and convert that into a Rhino, but only have enough Dettol to do half at a time haha. Gonna be a fun month!

half-ork, half Jay Leno

LMAO its funny cos its true...

Theres a few heads in the GW Range that scale up nicely, the most noteworthy is the deathwatch veteran metal upgrade kit's bare head. Others include the classic assault marine sergeant head and predator baal classic metal crew head.

Corsair, those are looking great! Will that styrofoam stand up to being painted?

Cheers!

It's the same stuff I used to base the Captain and Librarian. I give it a liberal (and extremely messy) coat of PVA and let that dry overnight before gluing or painting, works a treat.

Part one of January commitment, done!

Brother Chaplain Ko'soro Mai is as finsihed as he is gonna be... more angles on my WIP thread if you are interested. C/C welcome, as always!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/ChaplainonBikeFinished1_zps7d8306ca.jpg

Just wonderful work mate, a fantastic and seamless conversion that is beautifully painted. I wish I could paint in such a lovely, crisp manner.

Instead I just do my dirty looking scumbags haha

After having a cool down and having my misses say to me stop dragging my feet and looking like a lost puppy I'm wondering if you guys will let me back to try finish at least one project I've committed to?

Yes!

After having a cool down and having my misses say to me stop dragging my feet and looking like a lost puppy I'm wondering if you guys will let me back to try finish at least one project I've committed to?

Mate you don't even have to ask!

Aye aye!

Edit: and Geektom, that chaplain is just too too awesome. I'm gonna have to go bitz box diving to see if I can make a near approximation of one like yours for my guys.

I've been pretty lazy on my updates mostly since I got little done on the tanks since last I posted, I've been distracted with the new veteran sets and a whole mess of techmarine and Thunderfire goodness. Last night I started priming, and today was the first base coats.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/C198EF75-3C60-4857-82D8-7778DAFB1E01-980-00000209FC0DAC7A_zpsdc535983.jpg

The plan is to use yellow and silver as the primary colors and black will be an accent color. I've more or less knocked out the easy stuff, now comes the fun part where I gotta go and paint in all the finicky bits. Not pictured is the minor conversion i did on the rear, instead of the normal flat panel, I used the one from a storm raven to give it a more baroque look.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/256E98BF-6C08-491C-94C1-87842F6AB48D-980-00000209F1559026_zpsebaa8a7c.jpg

Archived