Rule Query about Alpharius

TemujinZero

I just noticed a potential snag in my plans for the Alpha Legion.  Am I right in thinking that since he doesn't have the Legiones Astartes (Alpha Legion) rule, Alpharius cannot benefit from the Infiltrate USR that the rest of my army will be using?  I know he has other deployment options open to him, but I wanted to have him revealed on turn one so that I can do a Preferred Enemy (Everything) blitz.

I suppose this limitation does tone down what is still a fairly nasty build.  I can look forward to some 'are you sure you want to charge that unit?' mind games if I have Alpharius lurking in one of my infiltrated squads.

As an aside, I also noticed that the Istvaan version of Corax hates all of the traitor legions present except the Word Bearers.  Maybe he felt guilty for almost killing Lorgar?

You’re right in that assumption, I hadn’t noticed that primarchs missed their Legions’ traits, or is it exclusive to Alpharius? 

Thats probably because Corax butchered so many Word Bearers that the XIX had none left to fight when he was done hehe. Odd as well. 

Sire of the Legion, itself an entry under the Primarch rule, just allows them to select a rite of war. This is a good spot since it means primarchs like Manus do not get a -1S to shooting modifier or the like. 

Archived