=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

Congratulations to those filthy heretics on a job well done and congratulations to Arizonajirt on bringing great honor to the Sons of Corax among the Angels of Death!

On a side note, considering the size of the Chaos completions, will the Black Templars be folded back into the Angels of Death next year?

...but when a single individual ends up painting more than some entire factions, it just feels a bit... off, in terms of the greater competition. Of course there may not be a simple alternative to this that everyone would wholeheartedly agree with. Artificial point caps per participant and what not may upset some people, for example.

I think that those people are worthy of honour, nonetheless and perhaps more so. Appreciate some factions are inevitably smaller, but if people have collections that large and use it to complete great chunks - kudos to them. Given there are so few of these occurring, it's not a massive issue - and it's so, so impressive to see visually.

I'm now going to enjoy checking out what the competition painted during the course of the ETL - as I've truthfully only mainly seen Chaos and the Horus Heresy forums!

the fact that they actually managed to paint everything in time,  mean i only panted 6k of stuff that has been sat there unpainted for a few years, and if it wasnt for the ETL it would still be unpainted now, re ts not amazing but now i have everything panted to a tabletop standard and i can go back to nits now and again and add more to them when i have the time, but these super mega vow people are just gods. even the scummy loyalist types. 

Is it permissible to alter the custos fidei banner we use in our signature?  If allowed, I would like to use this variant:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei_CSM_zps97c7729c.jpg

EDIT: I'm going to take "Captain Semper likes this" as permission granted.

Thanks Semper for a great event. We've all made friends and had a great time! 

Also, thanks to the BTs for the to-and-fro with us, the Chaos faction and last but CERTAINLY not least to the Chaos faction - not because we won (which is excellent (although OH SNAP on the penalty which led us to score just under 100k)) but because of the endless banter over at the strategium. I've had many times when I laughed out loud! :tu:

Question to hallowed Captain Semper: is it allowed to alter the Custos Fidei a little? There's a white scar apothecary on it -EEEEW! I'd like to have one with a chaos marine - preferably a Night lord :D Forte's already agreed to help but we'd like your approval first.

17000 points painted in three months? UNBELIEVABLE and absolute respect. Anyway, thank you cpt. Semper for support and to congratulation to all participans.

27000 points. He finished the 17k on in two month and then immediately did a 10k vow. He finished it in the last two weeks after RL issues. Steve is a machine.

17000 points painted in three months? UNBELIEVABLE and absolute respect. Anyway, thank you cpt. Semper for support and to congratulation to all participans.

27000 points. He finished the 17k on in two month and then immediately did a 10k vow. He finished it in the last two weeks after RL issues. Steve is a machine.

*Snicker*

Here's chaos marine custos fidei banners all completion counts:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/ETL_2014_Banner_V1_03B_Custos_Fidei_CSM_zpsc4f5214f.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei_CSM_zps97c7729c.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/ETL_2014_Banner_V3_03B_Custos_Fidei_CSM_zpsa5d06bd9.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/ETL_2014_Banner_V4_03B_Custos_Fidei_CSM_zps77e583d0.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/ETL_2014_Banner_V5_03B_Custos_Fidei_CSM_zps1a9bbeb8.jpg

Forte's already agreed to help but we'd like your approval first.

I'd say Mal has already done a suitable replacement.

I had to jump on it first, to ensure the use of Kai Lim's spectacular Black Legion cover art. If I let you do it, you probably would have gone for some tacky Slaaneshi number. tongue.png

Is it permissible to alter the custos fidei banner we use in our signature? If allowed, I would like to use this variant:

EDIT: I'm going to take "Captain Semper likes this" as permission granted.

What? Chaos defacing Imperial imagery? That's unheard of! Usually Chaos Marines go to great lengths to preserve the images of the Imperium because... that's what they do! tongue.png

Of course you can mate - you guys are damned and lost anyway. biggrin.png

Actually 27,000+ smile.png

Thanks Semper for a great event. We've all made friends and had a great time!

Also, thanks to the BTs for the to-and-fro with us, the Chaos faction and last but CERTAINLY not least to the Chaos faction - not because we won (which is excellent (although OH SNAP on the penalty which led us to score just under 100k)) but because of the endless banter over at the strategium. I've had many times when I laughed out loud! thumbsup.gif

Question to hallowed Captain Semper: is it allowed to alter the Custos Fidei a little? There's a white scar apothecary on it -EEEEW! I'd like to have one with a chaos marine - preferably a Night lord biggrin.png Forte's already agreed to help but we'd like your approval first.

See above... for the record I think the WS Apothecary is one of the best images out of GW - it has so much character!

Also the Badge of the Artisan interlocks (if you want to) with the other two badges.

Thanks as always Semper!!! An amazing wrap up smile.png you rock with the fire of a thousand suns!!! Hahahaha

As long as it's not Thousand Sons! biggrin.png hahaha!

Will you be making the smaller badges (i.e like the one already on my signature)?

Also, I'm looking forward to your take on Cypher! tongue.png

We will get the medallions - it's a matter of time. When I get them I'll give everybody a heads-up in this thread!

I have to look for a suitable mini... but yeah, once I'm in Athens I'll get down to it!

And at this point please let me remind everyone the B&C rules on signatures size: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/22-rules-of-the-bc/?p=985241 (scroll down a bit)

I would like to thank you personally for hosting this event. I know that you put a lot of time and effort into making this happen. I noticed my name was missing from the list eligible to wear the Custos Fidei. With my vow entered late I understand it was probably just overlooked. I will be ready for ETL IV next year.

I appreciate all the work you do for this community.

Games Unplugged

My opinion on this is kinda laissez faire. If you wanna blow 10,000+ points worth of Dollars on models to paint hey its your money. It also means that you really have no other free time during the event (unless your also bankrolling a painting company to paint your minis.) Again its your money and your time. 

10k points of models whats the actual $ equivalent, lets say that you've got mostly vehicles. 

Without picking out anyone's paint list in particular lets say you paint all landraiders. the pricing on this is about $75.00  which is on the expensive side but is worth alot of points 250. meaning your painting 40 Land raiders. This comes to $3000. That is alot. Most people cannot afford cannot afford to blow that much cash on this hobby all at one time.

Should this comp be all about money though? Thats the question. Sure you need to buy models to paint, but I think that we can all agree that perhaps there could be a way to limit the influence of money on this event. Say a time limit on vows? That means getting to 25k is still achievable, but you've gotta revow each time, and you've gotta show progress throughout, not just sudden burst of activity at the end.

But really i think we should just leave this comp as it is. The thing that is more impressive to me is having a high completion rate, among members at the top. This seems like the most impressive thing, to spread out points and have the whole subforum contribute. That to me is what this comp is really about everyone painting the army they love, even if its there first time painting. Afterall painted models are a damn sight better than plastic.

For those unaware. Here are the usual banner sizes you can use writhin your 800 pixel limit:

Rectangle banner = 300 pixels wide

Square banner = 100 pixels wide

Small tag banner = 33 pixels wide

With this Semper, will there be tags done for the ETL? I know you usually supply those. I would do it but can't till next week.

@Polythemus. If you look at the majority of vows you will find the extremely high value ones to be rare. Also, some people have been stock piling since last year's ETL. Most people though used it as motivation to paint a couple of new bits for a current army or to start the core of a new one. From what I have gotten from Semper over the years, that is the core idea behind it all. Personally, mission succeeded.

Thanks so much semper, although it appears that chaos has indeed lost to the combined forces of the imperium and as such I must engage in my second penance vow, which will be in my wip log. Though we have never had a victory so great, we must work even harder next year, in order to truly crush the imperial dogs!!! ;)

Great work everyone, it was a blast to compete with/against all of you. This was my first experience with the ETL and I will definitely be back next year.

On a side note, considering the size of the Chaos completions, will the Black Templars be folded back into the Angels of Death next year?

No.  You'll just have to join the Crusade if you wanna win ;)

@Polythemus. If you look at the majority of vows you will find the extremely high value ones to be rare. Also, some people have been stock piling since last year's ETL. Most people though used it as motivation to paint a couple of new bits for a current army or to start the core of a new one. From what I have gotten from Semper over the years, that is the core idea behind it all. Personally, mission succeeded.

Also, money aside, I think that one just can't discount the work involved either.

I mean if you gave me all of Arizona or Steve's models and you asked me to paint them to the standard that they did, I'd still go "um, ....maybe I'll pass". So you have to give that effort the credit it deserves. At least, that's IMHO.

Well the 14th black crusade has done wonderfully, and a chaos victory for once is welcome. I thank semper for his hard work, as well as everyone that vow, it was a great show. Finally even though I failed(real life dry.png), I am happy with my role.

Now I need to go make fun of the templars, and pray to the 6th god of chaos: steve.

Archived