[Help!] replacement for classic (2nd ed.?) gw shining gold

Bsycho

hi folks,

one of my main colors is the old shining gold (see below, sorry for too big picture).

im searching for quite a while now, tried a whole couple of paints (p3, coat d'arms).

as i didnt find anything even close, im quite desperate but maybe some of you guys have a good idea?

http://www.gw-fanworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=225029&d=1403358350

The shining gold in the tall plastic tubs (as pictured) was not the same shining gold in the short hex tubs, which in turn was not the same shining gold that was in the short round tubs, which is not the same shining gold as the new paint range. 

I can't say about other ranges, but even within the GW range the gold was never the same again.

Like Midnight Blue, which gave two different hues depending on how much you shook it, they will be missed.

if it was that simple, i wouldnt post here.

there is no paint from vallejo either, which would replace the color.

polished gold may be the equivalent for the last shining gold, but it's miles away from the one i posted a picture of.

Is start with a silver and add a greenish gold to it or add something like one of the brown washes to the silver.

However you decide to go forward always start out with tiny amounts before trying to mix up pots of it. Otherwise you'll end up with pots of paint which are not quite right.

I had a similar issue trying to recreate the dirty dark brown foundation paint. I ended up with a close match but 10 pots of it and no idea what quantities of what paint I'd used. :(

Edit: what I'm trying to say is keep a note of how you get to the correct colour if you manage it and while experimenting also keep records of each mix as 2 pots that are not quite right might combine to be a better match. If you don't keep a record of each individual mix then it gets interesting trying to repeat the process.

Archived