Aegis Defense Line

Ulrock

I've recently switched from playing krieg to regular guard and I am wanting to play with an ADL this weekend. My issue is that do the enemy models also get a 4+ save? Or is this only if my models are further back from the line and not flush against it?

• 3 weeks later...

Since this topic is aegis defense line. I thought it was best to place it here rather than make another thread.

I have question about the aegis defense line. Can it still be used in the 7th edition?

I do not see the points or stats for in in the new BRB. Does this mean that the aegis defense line can no longer be used?

There are rules for defence lines in the 7th ed rulebook, just no points and explicit rules for "aegis defence line".

The rules for aegis defence line are in stronghold assault book and are still valid... Basicly nothing changed from the 6th ed except how interceptor and sky fire function together.

*edit typos.

The only thing that changed is that someone at a tournament might insist that you produce the most recent rules for it (i.e. Stronghold Assault) a 6th Edition rulebook would not suffice even though the rules are the same (unless you want to add some upgrades like razorwire or an ammo dump).

• 1 month later...
If push comes to shove glue the two together. Then the two are connected even though one might not yet be in contact with the board. The rule does not specify that each section must be connected to one other section on the board.

Put section 1 down. Put section 2 down touching section 1. Section 3 must be placed touching either section 1 or 2, as section 4 is not on the board for section 3 to be placed adjacent to. Does this really need an faq?

Do note that this interpretation implies that Section 1 cannot be placed on the board, as there is no other section for it to be placed adjacent to.

As far as I'm concerned, if my opponent wants to split up the ADL sections, then placing them in groups of two satisfies the rule. I like seeing them as one unbroken chain, but sometimes the other terrain doesn't allow for it.

Archived