Any way to get a good Ultramarine Honor Guard "Winged" Head?

I'm working on planning out my Honor Guard conversions, and I would love to have my Honor Guard use the same winged face helms that the old Ultra Marine Honor Guard use.  

Pic:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/2/26/Ultramarine_Honour_Guard.jpg

I'm expecting that I will need to take a cast and mold my own.  Does anyone have any suggestions or a good method that they used when trying to mold their own helmets?  

I've used greenstuff a fair bit in the past but this helmet is easily past my abilities.  

I'm aware of the Anvil Industry Raven Head, and it's just not the same.  

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to start trying to mold myself heads like this - or know of an alternative that might be available?  

Thanks!  

If you've got a head handy, looks like you'll need a 2-part mold. One side for the back of the helmet and back side of 'wings'; the other half fror the front half, including wings. Basically, the helmet will rest back down in one half of the mold.

If you have a Hobby Lobby nearby (or not if you want to go online), they have an Alumilite kit that includes the mold material and a small amount of resin (note: I have the kit, but haven't yet starting casting with it - waiting on specific parts to arrive).

If you've got a head handy, looks like you'll need a 2-part mold. One side for the back of the helmet and back side of 'wings'; the other half fror the front half, including wings. Basically, the helmet will rest back down in one half of the mold.

If you have a Hobby Lobby nearby (or not if you want to go online), they have an Alumilite kit that includes the mold material and a small amount of resin (note: I have the kit, but haven't yet starting casting with it - waiting on specific parts to arrive).

hey Carlson, let us know how the kit works out?  I was going to get one of those the other day, or the $99 one Micromark but have never used resin casting  before.

hey Carlson, let us know how the kit works out?  I was going to get one of those the other day, or the $99 one Micromark but have never used resin casting  before.

Will do, Geils. Got a couple squads of Firedrakes en route, and wanna duplicate their helmets to use for my other Salamanders.

We're not supposed to link to other miniature sites (that's what I was told anyway) but check out Anvil Industries. They do a range of heads that include what you're looking for. Very nice they are to, I use the Spartan-esque models for my Minotaurs.

We're not supposed to link to other miniature sites (that's what I was told anyway) <snip>

Don't know who told you that (Cross-pollinating another sites rules? General 'don't promote recasters' policy?), but there's few, if any issues with posting other miniature sites here. Case in point: this pinned thread.

You would not get an identical helmet as this would most likely be plagiarism by however manufactured it. You are probably best off either with the anvil industry helmet or doing something completely different. Perhaps give them helmet crests.

the third option would be to greenstuff those wings on a normal helmet and making a mold of it

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the necro, but if you haven't seen these yet, they seem to be exactly what you needed:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ULTRAMARINES_INVICTARII_HEADS_TORSOS.html

Is it just me, or do all those helmets look like they have a facehugger attached to the faceplate?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/alienanthology/images/a/ab/Facehugger-alien-aliens-8255454-473-300.jpg

Archived