Warlord Titan - a very special project by Awaken Realms!

Awaken_Realms

Hello,

We’re currently working on a very special and very big project – a venerable, millennia old Warlord Titan. It’s a really important project for us – for a “miniature” of that proportion and level of detail deserve the best we can do. And as a display piece, it must be oozing with as much of that as we can!

To represent the great campanies the sacred warmachine of Omnissiah took part in, it’s armour was adorned by the representations of the foes he smited down. Also, may other adornments were added by the Mechanicum Artificers during the centuries of service… take a look at some of those below (and wait for the rest!)

e29a579477cf59707138a6d1a90fcb5b.jpg

b08353cccba1d0149a8576a7fc762a6e.jpg

3831dd86e590a63087a4a21670e4e246.jpg

d5bfb8bbf27b36b1e340fa7daf6a4e5b.jpg

What also will be present on the model? What do you think?

I've had the logic of putting xenos on the God Machine put before me. And I just can't agree with the decision. Which means censored.gif all, because it isn't my God Machine, so whatever.

Lovely job so far though. Can't wait to see machine itself

The idea for this kind of imagery was to use the shining aquila present on the model as the "shining light of the Emperor" that is punishing those that dare to oppose - and the Xenos are not here for display, but as a memorial of the campaigns the Warlord fought (displayed on the parchments above each freehand)

The freehand is amazing, and no doubt the finished project will be awesome. I also know it's unlikely you guys will go back and change the imagery as well based on what people say here, however I will say that since this has the feel of classical murals and frecos, that typically when enemies are depicted, it is as being conquered and crushed beneath the feet of the victor. Like so:

GIORDANO,_Luca_fallen_angels.jpg

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/6160062_f520.jpg

http://www.crisismagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Eugene-Delacroix-St.-Michael-defeats-the-Devil-854-61.jpg

These look amazing!!!

IMO the Xeno's don't look out of place. The way the aquila is spreading over the Xeno's presents the notion that "This Warlord fought the Tyranid swarms in the name of the Emperor and won; Fought the Orc Hordes for the Imperium and triumphed."

Keep up the great work thumbsup.gif

These look amazing!!!

IMO the Xeno's don't look out of place. The way the aquila is spreading over the Xeno's presents the notion that "This Warlord fought the Tyranid swarms in the name of the Emperor and won; Fought the Orc Hordes for the Imperium and triumphed."

Keep up the great work thumbsup.gif

Exactly that way.;) The Aquila is here being the metaphorical "Imperium" smiting down the xeno foes raising their abominable heads;)

Well, I need new underpants now -- which is about the highest compliment I can give. I like the freehand choice, for sure, but agree with others that a more vanquished depiction of the enemies of the imperium would be more evocative but. That being said, I could not produce this kind of work, so, whateves! *followed*  

Great concept and absolutely fantastic artwork!

I do agree with some of the comments above that the metaphor is a little vague, adding an Imperial force to each panel to show the struggle would have been much clearer. Still fantastic nonetheless.

One thing I do think definitely needs addressing in order for this to be the best piece of work you can produce (and I can tell that will be epic) is the calligraphy within the scrolls. The alignment with the scrolls are out, the font size is inappropriately small, the spacing between the words and letters also needs work. I say this as a younger me (25 years ago) did a lot of calligraphy in art school and it is one of those things that I immediately notice.

Please take anything here with a grain of salt, your work is awesome!

Carry on...we collectively can't wait to see more thumbsup.gif

biggrin.png

stobz

EDIT: +++I put my Mod hat on and moved this thread here to WIPs; once this beauty is complete, post a new thread in Hall of Honour, it will surely be more than worthy of a position there.+++

I agree with Brother Heinrich and others above, the idea of putting whole, live xenos on the murals is the problem to me. They look great, but if they are to represent foes defeated, then they should appear defeated, laid to waste across the battlefield by the Titan. Alive and moving just seems odd and more like a veneration of the xenos.

The artwork is beautiful though, awesome freehand. Just very out of place, especially for this board.

Goes wirthout saying that it's all utterly gorgeous. I think the idea with the chest plates will work better once you see it constructed. The aquila will be standing right between the two foes representing the Imperium as a bulwark for humanity against its many foes, the Warlord itself a microcosm of that, a towering giant against which the enemy will throw itself and fail.

Only thing I don't like is the cherub shield, but that's because I don't like the flying naked babies in my 40k imagery, no matter how grimdark they are.

Hello,

Time for a little update;) This time a banner for the Warlord, depicting the list of great conflicts the warmachine took part of. Pay attention to last two of them – it’s shedding some light upon the allegiance of this particular Warlord and is a bit of foreshadowing of a big come-back of certain someone. msn-wink.gif Will you be able to guess who are we talking about?smile.png

76eadd89aa739671f1dcae8b7a1499fb.jpg

Who is making a big come-back next time?smile.png

Archived