Lion Themed Homebrew Chapter

Hello all!  I've recently begun putting together a homebrew lion themed Primaris chapter for funzies.  The conversion work is super fun and I've started writing some lore, but I'm really stuck on the color scheme.  I want to do either a brass or gold with red pauldrons and helmet (kind of mimicking the Celestial Lions) or a halved tan and red scheme with black pauldrons.  I've been agonizing over this for a while and just can't make up my mind.  Can you guys give me your opinions?  Thanks!

As red is a primary color, I think it's best paired with a bold color; tan is dull, a color I associate with camouflage, so pairing it with a primary color does not make sense.

How about silver armor for the limbs and abdomen, red for the chest and helmet? (HQ units and their Honor Guards replace the silver with gold, as a sign of rank and the Guards' elite status.) Symbolically, your Marines are blades raised in the Imperium's defense, ready to draw its enemies' blood.

Red and tan actually work very well together. You could tweak the colors slightly, making the red darker and shifting the tan into cream for something like in Kingdom of Heaven.

Brass/gold and red also work very well, but will evoke images of the Minotaurs (not necessarily a bad thing).

Both options work well. Personally, I like the dark red/cream tweak for the halved scheme.

Just out of curiosity what First Founding Chapter do they draw their lineage from? If you keep the lion theme and have them as a Dark Angels successor Chapter then perhaps you could have bone/tan as the main color (similar to the Deathwing) and incorporate red as the color of their robes/spot color/veteran designation. 

6327803_orig.jpg

My thoughts were to do something like Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, or Salamanders for Chapter Tactics due to their marksmanship, stoicism, and well regulated weaponry If you guys want, I can put some of the details of the chapter and backstory on here if that helps?

I'd put those details, because "marksmanship, stoicism, and well regulated weaponry" SERIOUSLY sounds like Dark Angel successor :lol:

Hell, Dark Angels have a special rule about being stoic and stubborn (Grim Resolve).

Those seem like pretty Dark Angels archetypes. But if that does not appeal then the stoicism could be explained by Imperial Fist geneseed, then the quartered scheme might be more fitting as they have more knightly stereotypes than some other Chapters. You could take the Howling Griffon scheme and sub out the yellow for tan/bone.

My thoughts were to do something like Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, or Salamanders for Chapter Tactics due to their marksmanship, stoicism, and well regulated weaponry If you guys want, I can put some of the details of the chapter and backstory on here if that helps?

I'd put those details, because "marksmanship, stoicism, and well regulated weaponry" SERIOUSLY sounds like Dark Angel successor :lol:

Hell, Dark Angels have a special rule about being stoic and stubborn (Grim Resolve).

In his defense though, "Marksmanship, stoicism, and well regulated weaponry" sounds like the Dark Angels, and the Imperial Fists, and the Ultramarines, and the Salamanders, and Iron Warriors, Emperor's Children, Death Guard...

Basically, it sounds like a Space Marine :)

On the colour scheme, I still like the tan and red. Probably more than I would tan and blue. You'd just want to go with a tan enough colour that it looks like a good tan and not a mustardy yellow :)

My thoughts were to do something like Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, or Salamanders for Chapter Tactics due to their marksmanship, stoicism, and well regulated weaponry.  If you guys want, I can put some of the details of the chapter and backstory on here if that helps?

This is something we'd love to see in the Liber Astartes forum.

Archived