Chapter specific shoulder pads? How did you do it?

Kimbo

Don't the veteran pads fit? I don't have primaris but I thought I remembered shoulder pad compatibility being a selling point for primaris.  You can get a bunch of them on ebay, though some of the more popular chapters may be harder to get.

But even grey primaris use the chapter badge don't they? I am to remember reading that somewhere.

(Not pushing you to do anything with your force because that's your ship to captain)

I've been proxying for awhile (made a whole Blood Raven Primaris force) until I can paint up my DW force. Intercessor kits (not Dark Imperium) have separate shoulder pads that are the same size. The veteran kit has enough extras to make it work.

All space marine shoulderpads are primaris-compatible, so you have no concerns over that.

If you don't mind using non-GW parts Pop Goes the Monkey on Shapeways produce some pretty fantastic 3d-printed shoulderpads and chapter symbol decals for deathwatch covering a wide variety of chapters.

But even grey primaris use the chapter badge don't they? I am to remember reading that somewhere.

(Not pushing you to do anything with your force because that's your ship to captain)

Some Primaris are tithes from chapters, but some Primaris were given directly to the Deathwatch, they never served in another chapter.

Some Primaris are tithes from chapters, but some Primaris were given directly to the Deathwatch, they never served in another chapter.

Thanks everyone..I will look into it

Thanks everyone..I will look into it

Im.curious...were can you read of primaris Marines given to the deathwatch before joining a chapter?

Theres stuff about this in the codex 

As I'm going to add some Primaris to my Deathwatch force, this caught my attention! :teehee:

I saw this in the codex as well, still I wonder if their pads should be left blank, or still bear the insignia of their original gene-seed legion - I might be wrong but I think Grey Shields used the chapter insignia with a grey Chevron over it.

So the question is... are these yet-to-be assigned Primaris left with no insignia, or they're still given their gene-seed legion one, before being assigned to a chapter/inducted into the Deathwatch?

That's food for thought!  :whistling: 

I’m thinking I might go with a squad will adopt the personal marking of their sgt. So a grey pad and a unique symbol. I see these marines see themselves as Deathwatch, since they never served in another Chapter.

I thought in Dark Imperium or the codex they still had the emblems but were flat grey. So you knew the parentage despite the Primaris being part of the Indomitus Crusade. I'd kinda prefer they not have the emblems honestly.

Archived