The Daemon Army that won Adepticon

Arufel87

Jim Vesal piloted a daemon army to a first place finish at Adepticon. The list itself is very troops heavy as is expected. I'm wondering if there would be any way to replicate the list without the ever present Supreme Command TKsons detachment.

Probably. The TS are only there because the daemon princes and ahriman are so efficient, the contemptor is good but probably just a personal favorite of the player that wasn't core to winning most of the games. You don't need to soup daemons to go 5/5 with them at a tournament, but you probably do to win a 100+ man one.

Poxbringer, Bilepiper, 60 plaguebearers, nurglings, skullreaver prince, changecaster, bloodletters, pink horrors, ahriman, 2 TKsons daemon princes, exalted sorcerer and contemptor with C beam cannons. I assume the nurgle element held down objectives and screened the smite spam element while the pink horrors wiped screens for the bloodletters to deep strike into juicy targets.

I've never been able to make a list like this work so it would be interesting to see what his matchups were.

Chaos Daemons Battalion

Chaos Allegiance: Nurgle

-HQ-

Poxbringer

Sloppity Bilepiper

-Troops-

Nurglings X 3

Plaguebearers X 30, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Plaguebearers X 30, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Chaos Daemons Battalion

Chaos Allegiance: Chaos Undivided

-HQ-

Changecaster

Daemon Prince of Chaos, Mark of Khorne, Wings, Daemonic Axe – Relic Skullreaver

-Troops-

Bloodletters X 15, Daemonic Icon (Banner of Blood), Instrument of Chaos

Pink Horrors X 25

Brimstone Horrors X 10

Thousand Sons Supreme Command

-HQ-

Ahriman

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, Wings, Malefic Talons X 2

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, Wings, Malefic Talons X 2, Warlord – High Magister, Relic – Helm of the Third Eye

Sorcerer in Terminator Armor, Inferno Combi-Bolter, Force Sword, Familiar

-Elites-

Helforged Contemptor Dreadnought, C-Beam Cannon X 2

@ Khalan, hey I was considering running a Slaanesh Daemon prince for ITC format. Was wondering if you had any experience comboing the Forbidden Gem and Symphony of pain. Forbidden Gem has no stipulations on what kind of characters it works on so it can shut down knights, shield captains and primarchs. Symphony of Pain can really hurt the big bully units that many lists are relying on.

Paired together, you can use the prince to support the Skullreaver. I've had some success shutting down shield captains and their ilk but I've been surprised that it hasn't been used to this point.

I'm actually quite interested in using the Soulstealer on the new Keeper of Secrets. I assume it'll have way more wounds than currently so the opponent would have to focus it harder to take it down before it reaches melee because when it does it will easily heal itself up again.

Then again the new KoS will probably be a bit more expensive than the current one as well and will be much harder to hide ... and it's not like tournament lists have a problem taking greater daemons down in one round. :sweat:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually quite interested in using the Soulstealer on the new Keeper of Secrets. I assume it'll have way more wounds than currently so the opponent would have to focus it harder to take it down before it reaches melee because when it does it will easily heal itself up again.

Then again the new KoS will probably be a bit more expensive than the current one as well and will be much harder to hide ... and it's not like tournament lists have a problem taking greater daemons down in one round. :sweat:

Speaking of that... if you reserve the points and summon the KOS to take on a Knight or something (very easy with an Enrapturess!) would you be able to provide it with a relic if it isn't being used by someone else? Or does that all have to be done before the game begins? 

I have a similar question for the upgrades... you're summoning a new unit basically. So is it allowed to have upgrades? Or would a unit of summoned Daemonettes have to be without a musician/banner? 

Edited by Armchairarbiter

Speaking of that... if you reserve the points and summon the KOS to take on a Knight or something (very easy with an Enrapturess!) would you be able to provide it with a relic if it isn't being used by someone else? Or does that all have to be done before the game begins? 

I have a similar question for the upgrades... you're summoning a new unit basically. So is it allowed to have upgrades? Or would a unit of summoned Daemonettes have to be without a musician/banner? 

No, whatever unit you summon will be barebones with the default gear. I guess you'd be able to select psychic powers for it though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Jim here.

The contemptor fits a very specific role and does good against hordes and vehicles alike and definitely won me games.

Overall the list doesnt work without the TS parts.

How did the horror blob worked for you? Did you teleport them or deploy them turn1 on the board?

thanks.